Login

russian armor

Assault grenadiers or something else?

1 Jan 2015, 09:58 AM

I ussualy go for mechanized assault doc.I get lots of assault grens and i try later on to get the stug III auf E assault gun.Any other kind of very good infantry that i should use?
1 Jan 2015, 11:00 AM

MGs, mortars and... maybe granadiers only do 1 or 2 assault granadiers because they are near range infantery and allies have a lot of long range infantery u need long range too and ping them.
1 Jan 2015, 11:44 AM

Sniper can be used in certain cases, takes a lot of micro to keep alive. Best is usually to go with the panzergrenadiers in the 250 halfie they do squad wipe drive bys pretty well and when upgraded with shrecks they kill tanks as well depending on your micro. . 4 assault grenadiers is usually good because you want to bully US squads 2 to 1.
1 Jan 2015, 13:10 PM

Ok thanks guys for your help i'll try these things out:)
3 Jan 2015, 08:53 AM

I ussualy go for mechanized assault doc.I get lots of assault grens and i try later on to get the stug III auf E assault gun.Any other kind of very good infantry that i should use?

I get very aggresive with assgrens for 1v1 i get 2 assgrens i wont engange with 1 squad of ass grens i will hide them till 2nd squad catches up and rush to his cutoff use sprint if he has HMG to spread and attack i use Pioneers as meat shield for first engagement..

i almost always win this first engagement i plant Smine in his cutoff and leave 1 squad of ass grens to harass him and if connected i would even build a bunker and cap the rest of map with 2 ass grens and pioneer..

(Going Ass grens leaves you with a lot of Ammunition make sure to plant teller mines and Smines as you will lack anti vehicle capabilities for a while)

i get T2 later and field a PAK/HT/panzergrenadiers depending on situation if im holding both fuel i will call in PGs in HT they are good for chasing retreating squads

3 Jan 2015, 12:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge

There should be a guide for this commander coming out real soon
3 Jan 2015, 16:23 PM

Ok thanks.
4 Jan 2015, 14:21 PM

I use my assaultgrens mainly for flanking and support my main army core.
5 Jan 2015, 13:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge

8 Jan 2015, 18:27 PM

Ok thanks.
8 Jan 2015, 19:18 PM

Assault Grens are horrible...why anybody would want even a single squad is beyond me.

They cost way too much....expensive to reinforce...suck at any range but extreme close.

Regular Grens are so much better...

Maybe might be worth one squad on Semoisky...but nothing else
9 Jan 2015, 14:00 PM

They are so great!Sprint gets them up close very quickly if needed.The stun grenades are OP.They whipe squads and clown cars so easily.They can still fight while at 2 or 3 men.They can take on shocks at about vet 1 or 2.They only cost 280 man power and they can take on all infantry exept shocks!:D
9 Jan 2015, 21:43 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Assault Grens are horrible...why anybody would want even a single squad is beyond me.

They cost way too much....expensive to reinforce...suck at any range but extreme close.

They can be sh1t white hot on Stalingrad, also - urban maps attract them like flies to meat. :( Comparatively open maps like Langres or the Road to Kharkov, however, ensure that the larvae should never really hatch ;)
9 Jan 2015, 23:02 PM

Ha ha, Assault grenadiers can take on Shock Troops and Riflemen if used the right way and aggressively, so sure normal Grenadiers are better...
10 Jan 2015, 13:48 PM

One time i had 1 assault gren.And i whiped vet2 riflemen and vet 1 riflemen.
12 Jan 2015, 01:08 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I find it better to not use the Assgrens and just wait to call in a StuG-E or a 250 halftrack for the surprise factor.
13 Jan 2015, 12:09 PM

Asggrens are bad after 5 mins and require good micro,but they are only option against USF.Without assgrens and stug E who do u think will save u vs rifles and light vehicles?Certainly not the popcornsprayer42.
13 Jan 2015, 18:02 PM

Asggrens are bad after 5 mins and require good micro,but they are only option against USF.Without assgrens and stug E who do u think will save u vs rifles and light vehicles?Certainly not the popcornsprayer42.

The mg 42 needs a bit of help but it isn't as bad as all that.

A grens can be awesome if used well. I personally go with the "supplemental" variant of the linked guide. Use them like sturmpio. Flanking unit and cqc only. Urban maps are generally the only place they can truly shine. Hiding one on the periphery and jumping a lone capping squad is nice too. Must close fast though. Use sprint often.

I personally think the stug is the best part of this doctrine, especially since squad group patch.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★