Login

russian armor

Panzergrenadiers - worth it?

19 Mar 2015, 02:35 AM

They are supposed to be the elite infantry of the OH faction, but in reality they lose to a single rifle squad and die in a single sherman shell all for 340mp.
19 Mar 2015, 15:04 PM

They work quite well against shocks and against rifle infantry at close range. I almost exclusively used them as AT infantry in my first games, but I learned how to use AT guns.
I found their sole use as close range grenadier saviour.
The Schrecks remove 50% anti-infantry capability.
26 Mar 2015, 17:51 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I find Panzergrenadiers too fragile for their cost and upkeep. Since they excel in close/mid range only I do not build them at all in open and wide maps.
When playing versus USF upgrading them with schrecks works because USF tank has medium tanks as strongest - well except Bulldozer Sherman :snfPeter:.
6 Apr 2015, 18:03 PM

I always loved panzergranadiers but right now I am forced not to take them. They die too easily and even with schrecks I am lucky if I can shoot a tank without losing the whole squad from a single round.

They still do good damage against infantry and are potent AT with their schrecks but they feel like a glass cannons and have to be taken care of all the time. I would love if their squad formation could be more spread out so they don't take so much damage from aoe sources of damage.
8 Apr 2015, 15:27 PM

PzGrens weak? :D

I find them hard to use, because of 4 models, because they are not shocks (and people are using them like shocks), because they are not Elite they should be, but still... I completly reisgned from Grens - PzGrens have good enough long range DPS.
They are very good, but need good micro and focus so they are not for everyone.

23min:
1 PzGrens squad - 40 kills.
4 Guards squads - 41 kills.

17 Apr 2015, 11:11 AM

Imho they work well in conjunction with sniper or HMG42. Both sniper and HMG force the enemy to close in or flank and that's where Pgrens kick in. They force the enemy to stay on distance or take a lot of casualties.
17 Apr 2015, 19:58 PM

I've been using them, they are quite good, but they are a little too slow and costy for reinforcing, which I think its the only really frustating thing in them for me.

Also, I don't find it worthy enough to bulletin them, yet, don't know their bulletins.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★