Login

russian armor

soviet t1 useless aginst okw faptrack

30 Dec 2014, 04:21 AM

the soviet t1 just cant do anything against the okw faptrack other than relying on con AT nade, which is purely relying on luck
30 Dec 2014, 15:21 PM
30 Dec 2014, 15:27 PM

Yes, it is hard to kill any light vehicles if you are in T1. So better build T2 and Zis and stall for IS2/T3485s/ISU.

Or Guards button to moving halftrack + AT nade or two is effective. Or rush it with 4 conspricts and nade it. Or choose tankhunter commander, and use epic grenade volley Mines and demos are good too. There are many ways to kill it :)
30 Dec 2014, 18:39 PM

Build T2, use mines or Guards and AT nades.
31 Dec 2014, 17:42 PM

ughh im having the same issue. i hate how you are boxed into taking t2 after t1 or calling in guards. T1 should have its own AT like the OKW medic truck
31 Dec 2014, 18:04 PM

If it makes you feel better US T0 and Lieutenant tech is pretty useless against it too.

In all seriousness though OKW struggles against double sniper so its kind of a fair trade off. If you only have T1 and the flack truck comes out you should be close to a tank or light tank of some sort, it does cost a significant amount of fuel.

Personally I think it just has too much range, if its circle of denial was smaller it would be fine. Currently if they can push you off and set it up in a nice spot it is a huge no go zone

On a side note, no major change will ever happen so this whole Soviet T1 blows against the schwere will never be resolved
31 Dec 2014, 18:44 PM

If it makes you feel better US T0 and Lieutenant tech is pretty useless against it too.

In all seriousness though OKW struggles against double sniper so its kind of a fair trade off. If you only have T1 and the flack truck comes out you should be close to a tank or light tank of some sort, it does cost a significant amount of fuel.

Personally I think it just has too much range, if its circle of denial was smaller it would be fine. Currently if they can push you off and set it up in a nice spot it is a huge no go zone

On a side note, no major change will ever happen so this whole Soviet T1 blows against the schwere will never be resolved

The unit shreds infantry but i feel like it is balanced since it needs to set up. HOWEVER there is this weird bug (or feature) that players can move the flaktrack in half-set up mode. This makes the unit start firing as soon as it stops

going back to soviet t1 and what you said, US Lt. tier, it really is frustrating. These tiers have no good AT (but doesn't the US Flaktrack counter many light vehicles?). It would be nice if there was better intra-tier dependence so you can mix and match commanders and tiers better,
1 Jan 2015, 12:05 PM

first of all, the amercan AA track rapes the shit out of the faptrack, the americans at least have smoke
second of all, double sniper does nothing to faptrack
third of all, are you saying 40+55 fuel under fuel conversion is anywhere close to 50+120+70 fuel for a t70?
forth of all, if the faptrack had a smaller denial, cons are just going to charge in and nade it. its NOT the faptracks fault raping the infantry, rather its the t1's fault for being so lame against it
1 Jan 2015, 12:13 PM
Donator 11

the soviet t1 just cant do anything against the okw faptrack other than relying on con AT nade, which is purely relying on luck

Hello, I invite you to see this replay or VOD on Youtube.

You should try to improve. As you can see, a game with the Soviet T1.

If you have any questions, ask me.
1 Jan 2015, 12:49 PM

Okw armor is basically paper thin until the panther/biggertigger hits the field, and that wee little AT gun you can get from def doc is actually good at killing the flacktrack. Best of all, it pops out from off map on demand. You can use T4 and mines for killing the real armor.

If you hate the flacktrack that much, leave def doc in your roster and don't pick a commander until you see what he spends his early fuel on.
2 Jan 2015, 14:03 PM

Yes, but you have this tremendous multi tool of a unit known as a conscript. Get AT nades, do what the soviet faction does best and flank from every which way and drop three at nades on it. Who cares if you get a squad wiped or lose a bunch of cons they are amazingly cheap.
2 Jan 2015, 14:08 PM

What centurion said, also if you go T1 and Okw gets a Flak Track, well, good job to him for hard countering your opening instead of spamming volks at your sniper/M3 spam.
3 Jan 2015, 10:11 AM

lure it with penals
as soon as it starts deploying, throw satchel
instakill before it can unpack again
3 Jan 2015, 10:33 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Using Penal satchels is a rediculous idea, there is absolutely no unpack time so it can just move out of the way. T1 doesn't deal with OKW T2. You have to either go Guards, Con Spam with AT nades or go T2. Guards inside of M3 can be nice to catch it out of position and chase it down.
6 Jan 2015, 05:05 AM

i feel like guards can't handle it that well since they take long o aim. I guess if you spam them it could workbut i think cons are better. you can oorah from different directions and then at nade it
6 Jan 2015, 11:39 AM

With t1 best bet is to either rush it with at-nade cons or to use guards. The use of guards is trickier, don't expect them to destroy it outright. Use them to hold it at bay until an at-gun or heavier stuff is availabe.
6 Jan 2015, 14:55 PM

the penal satchel works
not everyone uses a-move all the time

if they a-move the truck will stop well outside of satchel range anyways

never seen someone throw a regular grenade at a light vehicle? it's not the best but sometimes it's all you need

faptrack i squishy, lots of things work against it

6 Jan 2015, 18:00 PM

Good players know how to abuse the set up while moving bug. Pair that with some doctrinal smoke, and this unit is quite hard to kill.

If you don't deal with the Flak HT quickly, you tend to lose map control. After you lose map control, flanking options get more and more limited.

And while Jesulin's example does show how to bait and coordinate.. I gotta ask: WTF did Luvnest think was going to happen? He drove it blind around the corner of the house into conscript grenade range. No screening infantry. Nothing. He had to know that other infantry was nearby because the VP was decapped. If he had put the FHT in front of the Command truck and waited for volks, he would've been fine.
8 Jan 2015, 17:43 PM

never start with tier 1 as Soviets against OKW, tier 2 straight away, con maxim con maxim maxim shocks, fast t34 then Zis
8 Jan 2015, 19:46 PM
Patrion 14

Who cares if you get a squad wiped or lose a bunch of cons they are amazingly cheap.

They're just as expensive as grenadiers, and more expensive than volks. How are they amazingly cheap again?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 57
Germany 37

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment