Login

russian armor

Strange arrows?

29 Dec 2014, 09:32 AM

Under ebps/environment/art_ambient/objects/buildings I put the tent down on my map. In game this shows up as some strange arrows on the minimap when my men run near them. Does anyone know what is going on? If it is not the tent, than it is firewood_burning that is causing this phenomenon.
29 Dec 2014, 11:29 AM

Well I just had a quick look. I only tested the tent with no fire so I would assume it isn't the fire. I can tell you that the icon is the one you usually see when you have a unit inside a building. Though why it shows up as that on the mini map I have no explanation for that.
29 Dec 2014, 19:50 PM

Ah ok. Well I was mostly curious but making sure that I had not added something which effected the resources or something weird. Thanks for checking up.
21 Jan 2015, 01:49 AM

I'm having the same issue with some buildings on a map I'm making.

Does anyone know how to fix/avoid this? Or do certain building models just have this bug? Not only does the arrow show up on the mini map as if units are garrisoned but once either team has been inside a building it will remain as if they are still garrisoned inside and the other team cannot enter the building, also causes AI to waste time attacking empty buildings.

Any fixes for this?
21 Jan 2015, 08:33 AM

Not sure what buildings your talking about, further info on the actual buildings would help.

I'm not aware of any fixes for this. A quick solution would be not to use them, but if your insistent on them as a design choice I'll see if I can get someone to answer that for you.
21 Jan 2015, 16:37 PM

Sorry you're right that would have been useful information!

I am using the majority of the Reichstag and Lublin castle buildings to create a palace, the palace is complete and is looking really good but with this bug it has put a massive hold on the maps completion.

Any help would be great
21 Jan 2015, 17:49 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

will take a look it
21 Jan 2015, 18:40 PM

That would be great thanks Sarantini
21 Jan 2015, 19:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Ok, they're not strange arrows. They're the icon for when you have a squad garrisoned in there.
  • Select the buildings that have the issue or just the entire building structure
  • CTRL + G and name it eg_minimapbuildings
  • Open text editor (notepad++ is the best for scar stuff) and paste:
    Code

function OnInit()
    EGroup_EnableMinimapIndicator(eg_minimapbuildings, 0)

end

Scar_AddInit(OnInit)

• Save as <mapname>.scar in your map folder
  • Export your map

Issues with this, normally when you enter a building there should be a garrison icon on the minimap, this hides it forever so even when you do have a squad in there.

You could fix this by only calling this function when there are no squads in the building but that is out of my limited scar capabilities
23 Jan 2015, 03:56 AM

Sweet, I figured there would be a fix, for the icon error.

Though I'm still not sure about, it being a total fix. The more troubling part I'm not sure how to fix is I noticed that upon entering and leaving certain buildings. The Reichstag being one of them that the Entities converted to player owned and didn't revert to world owned entities after you exit. I'll keep searching for an answer for you on this though.
23 Jan 2015, 07:38 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

a total fix is to change the attribute in the attribute editor, the downside is that the map will only play properly with that mod enabled.

My advice: make the palace destroyed or disable the ability to hold troops. These buildings dont have proper doors anyway
25 Jan 2015, 12:06 PM

Hi and thanks for the replies! I've been away with work so sorry for late response.

Yes I think it's going to be better to design it as a ruined/destroyed palace instead. Going to get to work on that today :)
25 Jan 2015, 12:08 PM

How do I disable the ability to hold troops by the way?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2
United Kingdom 167
unknown 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak