Login

russian armor

Traceroute of the battle servers?

25 Dec 2014, 05:54 AM

Hey guys, I'm from Pakistan, and due to the distance to the battle servers, the input delay problem is even more exacerbated for me. I've spoken to my ISP and they've told me that if I can get them a trace route of the battle servers, they can fix me up somehow on their end so that my latency is reduced.

Now I've managed to get the IP address of the battle server: 54.209.64.161
However a tracert to this IP stalls somewhere along the 15th hop. I get request timed out from here. The IP after which I get RTOs is 205.251.245.244. I've tried using tcptrace too, but that blocks at the exact same point.

Does anyone have experience in this area and can help me out?

12 Jan 2015, 06:32 AM

Spoof the header idiot. The server is probably configured to only accept game packets. You hitting it with an HTTP request and its like "I ain't no http server dafuq outta here wit dat." Use a packet editing tool. Copy the headers of the outwards bound packets from the game. Spoof a packet to the server and copy the route. #rekt
12 Jan 2015, 14:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2014, 05:54 AMKhan

I'll try to answer your questions without being an asshole.

Basically you are trying to trace the route to the battle servers using ICMP over port 1. (Not HTTP.) Big parts of the IT infrastructure will answer to ICMP (ping) requests but most servers will not. So what we need to do is trace the route of the packages as they travel over the correct ports using the correct header. And then we will be able to follow it all the way to the battle servers.

Im at work now and don't have the possibility to capture the header for the game right now. But I'll try to check it out as soon as Im able.
12 Jan 2015, 14:55 PM

Btw are you sure about that IP? It seems to be called mCC03FABFCB9E.npls.fl.comcast.net as of now and honestly looks more like some kind of infrastructure than a server. Could be it is the last point before the NAT kicks in.
13 Jan 2015, 13:31 PM

Spoof the header idiot. The server is probably configured to only accept game packets. You hitting it with an HTTP request and its like "I ain't no http server dafuq outta here wit dat." Use a packet editing tool. Copy the headers of the outwards bound packets from the game. Spoof a packet to the server and copy the route. #rekt

I'll try to answer your questions without being an asshole.

Basically you are trying to trace the route to the battle servers using ICMP over port 1. (Not HTTP.) Big parts of the IT infrastructure will answer to ICMP (ping) requests but most servers will not. So what we need to do is trace the route of the packages as they travel over the correct ports using the correct header. And then we will be able to follow it all the way to the battle servers.

Im at work now and don't have the possibility to capture the header for the game right now. But I'll try to check it out as soon as Im able.

I sent my IP this exact same tracert, and they told me that the point where it stalls is geographically in the same location as the penultimate hop. So they fixed me up. Thanks guys.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★