Login

russian armor

soviet 1v1 strategies?

25 Dec 2014, 04:15 AM

i need some strategy against both okw and otheer
25 Dec 2014, 04:46 AM

Vs Ostheer 4 conscripts, healing buy another engie and upgrade flamers on both get shocks or 120mm at 2 cps tech t2 get maxim tech t3 if you are ahead stall for t3485s, is2 or kv8(only kv8 if you will lose w/o it or he has 0 at units vs okw priority one should be making him run and burning t4 to stop panther ASAP panther out = gg typically)(85s are better tank but shocks are good early vs harder grenspam)

Vs okw get 3 cons, 1-2 maxims(build t2 when engie runs or get another engie if its taking a while) get shocks at 2 cps exactly get healing based on cp gain, get t3 if you think you can afford it and get an is2 at 11 cps. get at nades when you need or(if t4 goes up)

These are basic react to their play, too much infantry? get more maxims. Mortar spam? don't get any maxims, Floating but winning? caches, Floating but not winning? get the unit you have that is performing best. Try to control garrisons on the map use green cover(sandbag spam is good) and try to fight cost effectively or run them around in circles, you are stalling for time not trying to outblob them gl
26 Dec 2014, 03:02 AM

what is "floating"
26 Dec 2014, 06:00 AM

what is "floating"

floating just means saving up a bunch of resources. If i said " i am floating manpower", that just means i currently have a ton of manpower saved up.

I also would listen to Hon3ynuts because he is a highly ranked player
1 Jan 2015, 13:21 PM

Thanks you guys, now i know just what to expect next time i play Axis LOL :clap:
1 Jan 2015, 13:58 PM

Otherwise you can go t1 1-2 conscripts into 2-3 penals, m3 +penal with flamers into snipers then t3 for t34s to delay for doctrinal tanks.
8 Jan 2015, 17:38 PM

con, maxim, con, maxim, maxim, shocks, meds, fast T34 - to consolidate, Zis, At nades, fuel cache, Is2.

then lose anyway to boss units :D
8 Jan 2015, 18:00 PM

Permanently Banned
Cons spam vs Ostheer = gg
8 Jan 2015, 20:46 PM

against Ostheer you can con spam all the way to T34, if your lucky and you can keep Ost off the ammo.
20 Jan 2015, 14:52 PM

Against Ostheer: Guards Motor commander

Penal, Penal, sniper, healing, float MP until you reach 2CP and get Guards and 120 mm mortar. Get another guard once you can afford it. Go T4 and get an SU-85. Build a fuel point. Get the 2 t34s through commander call-in. Getting a Katyusha is usually a good idea. Please note that you might have difficulties at the start of the game. I usually go down to 100-200 points before I'm able to get the upper hand.

I've been told conscript spam is more efficient, but let's be honest, spamming is rather boring :D

Against OKW:

conscript, maxim, conscript, maxim, molotovs. Pin with maxims, chase off with molotovs. Get AT guns and don't be afraid to use their barrage ability. Get T3 and spam T34s. Use conscripts to take back lost material. You can mix this up with infantry and armor call-ins.

This is my main frame for Soviet and it has served me pretty well. Don't forget to be flexible though.
20 Jan 2015, 22:36 PM

Vs Ostheer 4 conscripts, healing buy another engie and upgrade flamers on both get shocks or 120mm at 2 cps tech t2 get maxim tech t3 if you are ahead stall for t3485s, is2 or kv8(only kv8 if you will lose w/o it or he has 0 at units vs okw priority one should be making him run and burning t4 to stop panther ASAP panther out = gg typically)(85s are better tank but shocks are good early vs harder grenspam)

Vs okw get 3 cons, 1-2 maxims(build t2 when engie runs or get another engie if its taking a while) get shocks at 2 cps exactly get healing based on cp gain, get t3 if you think you can afford it and get an is2 at 11 cps. get at nades when you need or(if t4 goes up)

These are basic react to their play, too much infantry? get more maxims. Mortar spam? don't get any maxims, Floating but winning? caches, Floating but not winning? get the unit you have that is performing best. Try to control garrisons on the map use green cover(sandbag spam is good) and try to fight cost effectively or run them around in circles, you are stalling for time not trying to outblob them gl

This has been very helpful. Won the past few games i've played following this build order.
20 Jan 2015, 23:52 PM

what is "floating"

Best way to float is to simply stop building new units and just reinforce old ones.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight