Login

russian armor

Commander - Fortifications Doctrine - Zeroing Artillery

24 Dec 2014, 17:47 PM

OKW Commander - Fortifications Doctrine - Zeroing Artillery

The Zeroing Artillery does not seem very effective now. I'll activate it and have line of sight with enemies in the area, but it drops at very slow pace and easy for enemies to leave the area without a scratch. What Happen to this?!? Used to drop like very rapid and effective. I hardly even use it anymore. This a bug or this was a updated in a previous patch? Its not even worth using to me anymore.

Thank You
24 Dec 2014, 19:14 PM

Its a bug since they didn't put anything about it in change log and since there's no way this is an acceptable performance for a 300 munitions ability just spam s mines instead ig
24 Dec 2014, 19:33 PM

Yes noticed this too. This ability literally drops a few shells for 300 munitions.
Getting really tired of your shit Relic.
24 Dec 2014, 19:38 PM

As of the moment it is zero artillery. It needs to be fixed badly, if the USF can have P47's wreck tanks in an area the OKW needs zeroing artillery to wreck infantry blobs.
25 Dec 2014, 09:03 AM

Yeah, it is worthless now. Maybe someone should start a bug post on Romeo's board.
25 Dec 2014, 09:56 AM

I think it was good before, the problem being its use at max capacity on the US base to destroy all buildings. But it could have just been changed to restrict the base area.
25 Dec 2014, 10:01 AM

I think it was good before, the problem being its use at max capacity on the US base to destroy all buildings. But it could have just been changed to restrict the base area.

No thats the salvage doctrine arty your talking about that could destroy an usf base. zeroing arty never targeted buildings. But yeah its very underperforming at the moment.
24 Jan 2015, 19:11 PM

Yeah you're confusing salvage doctrine artillery with the Zeroing Artillery, which ramps up the longer you keep enemy units in line of sight. Once LOS is broke, the arty stops firing more or less.

Though now it doesn't really fire at all. It's a completely broken/wasted ability.
24 Jan 2015, 20:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Yep. Been bugged for about two months. Hopefully this is on Relic's bug checklist
You can vote for it on the Trello here: https://trello.com/c/7QFFvDVR/213-zeroing-artillery
28 Jan 2015, 08:28 AM

not sure if its a bug exactly, im pretty sure they nerfed zeroing artillery a patch or two ago.
28 Jan 2015, 14:57 PM

I've used this ability before, and it did indeed seem extremely underwhelming. Tested it out a few times against the AI and made certain I kept los with blobbed infantry when using it for the entire duration. Regularly only got 5-6 kills. That's the max effectiveness of it.

Not sure if that's a bug or intended, but if it is intended, it's a waste.
28 Jan 2015, 15:01 PM

This occurs while the enemy stays within the target zone too I should add. Really, it seems like it has to be bugged. I can't imagine a 300 muni arty strike only being able to deal a maximum of just a couple of deaths when there are 4 blobs in it's area.
28 Jan 2015, 15:28 PM

It's completely waste,should be replaced by something actually useful,for now its a 300-OKW-munition black hole with 0 return.
28 Jan 2015, 15:32 PM

I'd love it to be replaced with an off-map rocket artillery ability. There aren't any in CoH2, sadly. It'd fit the commander nicely.
28 Jan 2015, 17:41 PM

I'd love it to be replaced with an off-map rocket artillery ability. There aren't any in CoH2, sadly. It'd fit the commander nicely.

That would work. Or they could just make it actually effective.

Like it used to be, only you can't attack a base. It was kind of a unique thing and I like that it rewarded you if you kept los.
29 Jan 2015, 09:25 AM

not sure if its a bug exactly, im pretty sure they nerfed zeroing artillery a patch or two ago.

The patch notes only mentioned that the ability to call it in the base is removed, thus it's a bug. It behaves now like it behaved before the patch if you didn't had line of sight. Means even if you have line of sight it doesn't recognize units in the circle and just drops a few random shells in the target area without targeting any unit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS