Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace on General?

24 Dec 2014, 13:51 PM

Hi all,

So I gave this mission a few tries today on general difficulty, and I can't for the life of me see how to beat it in any reasonable amount of time. Circling at guns and the KV-2s is fine, but the conscript AT grenades are the death of me. They penetrate EVERY time, regardless of armour facing, have a ridiculous range (and the whole still hitting if you reverse out of range during the throw animation...), and there are multiple small squads of conscripts everywhere. Short of spending hours kiting every single unit away from the AT guns and tanks and very slowly killing them from max range (dat main gun accuracy), I can't see how to deal with them. Am I missing something here, or is this mission designed to be an exercise in not having anything else to do all afternoon?
24 Dec 2014, 15:03 PM

Long time ago I played a scenario.. But as I remember I could only finish that Tiger scenario on "General" because I was able to use the repair ability despite the fact that I did not have any ammunition. I don´t know if this was a bug..
25 Dec 2014, 12:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge

It's quite doable with practice

Just make sure you never engage more than a fraction of the enemy forces at a time, and don't use munitions for anything other than repairs and the top mg

And remember flare is free

Expect to take an hour
2 Mar 2015, 08:33 AM

It does take time. Especially on general you should have the attitude that you are actually sitting in a scout car trying to pull this off. Be scared of everything because that's how fragile the tank is. Spend ammo on nothing but repairs and you have to find all trucks for the resources. That's not optional on general. Don't repair unless you get full benefit (have enough damage). Also, you have to vet up to use repairs.
Take out tanks and AT guns and the enemy infantry will run and your units will move in. So don't priority target infantry. And try hard to single out KV-2s in final push, obviously.

Late reply but maybe someone else has the same issue.
24 May 2015, 01:45 AM

Some things I found helpful

Attack ground through hedges and around the corners of buildings.

Lure enemies onto mines and detonate them with attack ground.
24 Jul 2015, 22:28 PM

So half a year later, I still can't quite pull this off. Everything up to the counter-attack is easy, though it's an incredibly boring and tedious exercise in kiting and attack ground. My current issue is the three KV-2s in the final counter-attack. With prayers to RNJesus and the patience for yet more kiting, the preceding waves are fine, but these things just move around in a pack making circling or facehugging one impossible.

Kiting and popping out of cover for single shots is the way forward, but with the three of them together and lack of control over the turret, every single rear armour shot takes several boring minutes to set up. I've tried picking one off before they join up in the middle of the map, but the ridiculous front/side armour means I only get a few effective shots in. Worse, remnants of the previous waves occasionally survive, with DP guards having a habit of showing up and buttoning me at the worst possible moment.

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with this part? I'm trying to finish off ToW, but this mission is just making the entire experience miserable. I don't want to give up, but I just can't see how this is possible without endlessly repeating the same tedious manoeuvres for an hour or so. Even Schildkroteberg without exploits wasn't this frustrating and tedious.
25 Jul 2015, 07:56 AM

Some tips agains those pesky kv2
1. be always on the move , they cahnge locations by moving to your latest location every 1 minute i think.

2. be top repaired when you go agains them , there will be no time to repair

3. use mines. there are mines on left and right flank of the map and you can see them. lure kv2 on top of mine and then shoot at mine. it does some practice , but it means you are fighting agains 1 lees kv2 at time (it cant pursue you , and when you destroy others , it is easy target if you know where it is - you will use flare , look where it its main conon aimming and attack from oposite direction , shot and move back , it cant rotate it so fast )

4. when you are in bad situation and guards button you , USE SMOKE , it negate buttoning

5.First they ll be divided and be attacking you men , try to attack one of them alone and attack itfrom opposite of its canon , he will move on you a bit but you fall back then attack poor grens and you come in . Repeat until death

6. try to play cat and mouse behind buildings with it (like in 5. and 4. )

7: flare is free , the usual stuff

8. US GODDAMN MINES

9. never engage more than 1 at time

10. pray RNG god and early game (before kv2 show down ) dont loose many HP and buy mg - it supress those pesky cons
25 Jul 2015, 07:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 22:28 PMPumbaa
So half a year later, I still can't quite pull this off. Everything up to the counter-attack is easy, though it's an incredibly boring and tedious exercise in kiting and attack ground. My current issue is the three KV-2s in the final counter-attack. With prayers to RNJesus and the patience for yet more kiting, the preceding waves are fine, but these things just move around in a pack making circling or facehugging one impossible.

Kiting and popping out of cover for single shots is the way forward, but with the three of them together and lack of control over the turret, every single rear armour shot takes several boring minutes to set up. I've tried picking one off before they join up in the middle of the map, but the ridiculous front/side armour means I only get a few effective shots in. Worse, remnants of the previous waves occasionally survive, with DP guards having a habit of showing up and buttoning me at the worst possible moment.

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with this part? I'm trying to finish off ToW, but this mission is just making the entire experience miserable. I don't want to give up, but I just can't see how this is possible without endlessly repeating the same tedious manoeuvres for an hour or so. Even Schildkroteberg without exploits wasn't this frustrating and tedious.

ah shildkrotenberg

All you need is to survive shock round , kill everybody except shocks , let them to attack your hq , dont close game , return in 3 hours , make paks arty , mgs bunkers 3 panzer 4 etc and win :D
25 Jul 2015, 14:58 PM

Finally managed it by being super careful to conserve munitions through the mission, then just going full ham using blitzkrieg and smoke when the KV-2s showed up. The tiger actually bounced most of their shots, so maybe I owe RNJesus some thanks, but still, going man mode was far more fun than trying to dance and kite the KV-2s.
25 Jul 2015, 15:12 PM

It's quite doable with practice

Just make sure you never engage more than a fraction of the enemy forces at a time, and don't use munitions for anything other than repairs and the top mg

And remember flare is free

Expect to take an hour

:clap:

This is how i did it :D
18 Aug 2015, 20:16 PM
Patrion 28

Oh god, I just tried to do this mission again on general. I failed 1 time, second time the game crashed and the third time I failed on the final assault...

I'll have to try again some other day.
Hat
10 Oct 2015, 06:58 AM

That finale is near impossible.

What I did was drive around the same building for 30 minutes. I'd peek out, shoot and go back.

Save scumming obviously throughout the entire mission.
20 Oct 2015, 22:29 PM

maybe a replay will help getting yourself done with the kw2, or how to encircle tanks and use attack ground properly.maybe it's helpful for you

26 Nov 2015, 02:08 AM

You can bait the KV2s through the mine fields which helps.
28 Jan 2016, 11:27 AM
Donator 11

i posted this on a old thread, but ill repost it here:

You can use these tricks to make it easier, also imo the guards are the most dangerous enemies, they do so much damage with those rapid firing ptrs :P Remember to spam the flare because its free and upgrade the top mg asap, because you can't rely on the main gun to do damage at enemy inf

Using smoke and attack ground is very useful in many situations, mainly during the last battles.

And remember to save the game after every captured point.
5 Jul 2016, 14:31 PM

It may help those struggling not to buy the pintle mg42. I beat the mission without it quite easily and the extra munitions are a nice safety net. Remember to lure enemy tanks into minefields and use attack ground. Make sure you find all the trucks for extra munitions.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★