Login

russian armor

Problems with Wehrmacht

22 Dec 2014, 19:48 PM

Hello! I am trying to play USF 1v1 and I always have problems with grenadier mg42, paks and tigers. Grenadiers killing my riflemen with mg42 and gain stars very fast. Bars can't help, my Sherman can't kill them because there are usually pak. I can't flank it with my tank because of grenadier faust. Usually I build 4 rifles, grenades (because I need to flank hmgs), cap, maybe Stuart if I have many fuel, at gun and then major. First tank is Sherman for dealing with 3 stars grens, but paks always harassing my Sherman and it can't do anything. P4 easily destroy my Sherman if there is no at gun. Blobs of veteran grenadiers with mg42 killing everything expect fighting positions, but paks easily destroying them. If I have lost rifle I usually call in airborne. Brownings deal with grens but squad suffer heavy loses, I need always to heal them and waste my man power. Tigers destroying my at guns with 1-2 shots. Jacksons are good against tiger but it is very hard to hit in frontal armor and there is always a pak that destroying my Jackson if it flank. I have no problems with okw, fast t2 and m20 easily deals with Kubel and pios. Sherman easily destroying blobs with high explosives and ram. But hoewto deal with grens? I usually play with airborne company. Tell me a tactic or smth to help me with this.
22 Dec 2014, 20:01 PM

Permanently Banned
kill them before they can kill you, then no problem

dont need to thank me.
22 Dec 2014, 20:02 PM

Permanently Banned
Going Cpt. vs Ostheer is generally a bad choice since by the time Stuart arrives, Ostheer will have sufficient AT defenses which can destroy it in 2 shots, and the Stuart wont have a large impact against infantry.

Going Lt. is almost always a better choice, so I'd try doing that. Both the M20 and the M15 AAHT work well vs Ostheer, as long as you get them both out around 5-6 minutes into the match, and make the most of their effectiveness.

Going Lt. > M20/M15 AAHT > Major > Tanks is a lot better than Cpt. > Stuart > Major > Tanks, because you will be able to field your tanks faster.

When I play as Ostheer I am absolutely scared shitless of Shermans. With their HE shells, they wipe Gren squads so incredibly fast it's ridiculous. And the best part is a single Panzerfaust will literally not slow you down at all because your crew can hop out, use the "repair critical" ability, and immediately repair the engine damage.

Also, blob. As much of a cheesy tactic that it sounds, it works very well vs Ostheer since with smoke grenades your Riflemen will be able to walk directly up to MG42s and LMG Grens without taking much fire.

There's my wisdom, for what it's worth.
22 Dec 2014, 20:15 PM

Going Cpt. vs Ostheer is generally a bad choice since by the time Stuart arrives, Ostheer will have sufficient AT defenses which can destroy it in 2 shots, and the Stuart wont have a large impact against infantry.

Going Lt. is almost always a better choice, so I'd try doing that. Both the M20 and the M15 AAHT work well vs Ostheer, as long as you get them both out around 5-6 minutes into the match, and make the most of their effectiveness.

Going Lt. > M20/M15 AAHT > Major > Tanks is a lot better than Cpt. > Stuart > Major > Tanks, because you will be able to field your tanks faster.

When I play as Ostheer I am absolutely scared shitless of Shermans. With their HE shells, they wipe Gren squads so incredibly fast it's ridiculous. And the best part is a single Panzerfaust will literally not slow you down at all because your crew can hop out, use the "repair critical" ability, and immediately repair the engine damage.

Also, blob. As much of a cheesy tactic that it sounds, it works very well vs Ostheer since with smoke grenades your Riflemen will be able to walk directly up to MG42s and LMG Grens without taking much fire.

There's my wisdom, for what it's worth.
Yeah, but oshteer have p4 and ostwind that is very hard to destroy without at gun. Repair critical stuff without smoke or cover is very risky.
22 Dec 2014, 22:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Yeah, but oshteer have p4 and ostwind that is very hard to destroy without at gun. Repair critical stuff without smoke or cover is very risky.

Backteching to Cpt. for the 57mm is usually viable towards the late game, but if your opponent is popping T3 meds on you, Jackson with Rifle AT nade support will generally do the trick. Always good to see what your opponent is building (T3 or T4) using your AAHT or M20 for a quick recon on their base.

If they are going Panther (t4), definitely save fuel for Cpt. plus 57mm, so long as you already have a Jackson out.

Also, the more viable doctrinal option, Airborne, with their 57mm airdrop is pretty good. This will let you do the Lt. > Major build order, while also giving you access to AT guns. Furthermore it will ensure protection vs a Tiger/Tiger Ace, at least to a certain degree, with the P47s.
27 Dec 2014, 06:37 AM

I find it easy to bully ostheer with infantry company , 1 Rifleman squad with double LMGs in defensive stance can take on 2 squads of LMG grenadiers even take 2 grenade shots and still win fight..

check it out .. make sure you build tank traps early in game so you rifles can use it as greencover while they go on defensive stance..

You can skip buildig sherman / scott and get jacksons Rifles with LMG can pretty much shut down infantry pushes from ostheer Use LT to flank and Leap frog Rifles squads by using hit the ground.
3 Jan 2015, 00:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Dec 2014, 06:37 AMImSkemo
. . .make sure you build tank traps early in game so you rifles can use it as greencover while they go on defensive stance..

This is good advice no matter what company you're playing. If your REs are idle, there's really no excuse for not setting up one directional* cover everywhere you think you'll be fighting.

*tank traps with barbed wire facing toward the enemy so they can't use it against you
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★