Login

russian armor

tank speed with damaged engine

21 Dec 2014, 20:01 PM

HI. I have a feeling that ostheer tanks with a damaged engine are much slower than USF tanks after they have a damaged engine. Its crazy because I panzerfaust a USF tank, it gets the engine critical, but it can still escape AT fire relatively easy, and to be honest drive pretty quickly. I had games when such tank would circlestrafe AT, kill it, avoid panzershrecks from panzergrenadiers and escape to safety. As a contrast, panzer 4s, for example, get insanely slow and are useless and an easy prey for AT guns, even infantry can just wait until their at grenades recharge and throw them again. Its impossible for a shreck/panzershreck squad to chase USF tanks with a damaged engine. To me its crazy because it ruins the whole point of engine criticals. Does it really work like that?
22 Dec 2014, 03:11 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

what you're CLAIMING is statistically impossible unless the panzer 4 gets heavy engine damage from an at grenade(IF IT even PENETRATES)

It has .1 less speed than a sherman. Hardly a noticeable difference.

The crew couldve popped out and repaired the crit.which i doubt, but otherwise thats pure hogwash, im sorry.
22 Dec 2014, 19:47 PM

Ok - but it just happened many times - with crit on USF vehicles they run away and very often can still circle strafe AT guns.

You can't do that with ostheer tanks. Maybe the USF vehicles were just lucky but it happened so many times. The crew definitely didn't pop out. Maybe it's because of the terrain but I really believe there's a huge difference between the performance of the vehicles when it comes to their speed after engine criticals. I understand your answer and comment but maybe there's somebody out there who has similar experience. I've seen it too many times to believe it's "hogwash".
23 Dec 2014, 00:58 AM

At least your tank snare doesn't bounce all the time...
27 Dec 2014, 09:06 AM

Part of the problem I had might be the narrower arc of pak compared to usf at. Aren't there different sorts of criticals with some of them almost immobilizing vehicles?
28 Dec 2014, 16:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Part of the problem I had might be the narrower arc of pak compared to usf at. Aren't there different sorts of criticals with some of them almost immobilizing vehicles?

There are different levels of engine damage.

Norma;(Common)

Heavy(Rare) You can still move but noticeably slower than normal engine damage. The damaged engine deck on the tank has a bigger fire than usual.

Destroyed(extremely rare) Basically reduces engine and rotation speed to nothing. It might as well be immobilized. You ever put your car in "Drive" and just let it coast without pressing the gas on flat ground? Thats what its like.
The engine fire is MASSIVE on the back of the tank. Most tanks that get this are doomed. Especially the Vanilla OST and SOV as their repair speeds arent up to the levels of the OKW sturms w/ sweepers and USF crews.

Immobilized(From M20 mine,or light AT mines if you're really unlucky., Your tank is totally stuck in place and will not move at all)

Like i said its Impossible for a damaged engine panzer IV to manuever any slower than an engine damage sherman UNLESS the panzer IV has heavy engine damage and the sherman does not.

Its actually more likely that an engine damage Panther does to allied infantrywhat you're claiming in your original post.
28 Dec 2014, 21:34 PM

There are different levels of engine damage.

Norma;(Common)

Heavy(Rare) You can still move but noticeably slower than normal engine damage. The damaged engine deck on the tank has a bigger fire than usual.

Destroyed(extremely rare) Basically reduces engine and rotation speed to nothing. It might as well be immobilized. You ever put your car in "Drive" and just let it coast without pressing the gas on flat ground? Thats what its like.
The engine fire is MASSIVE on the back of the tank. Most tanks that get this are doomed. Especially the Vanilla OST and SOV as their repair speeds arent up to the levels of the OKW sturms w/ sweepers and USF crews.

Immobilized(From M20 mine,or light AT mines if you're really unlucky., Your tank is totally stuck in place and will not move at all)

Like i said its Impossible for a damaged engine panzer IV to manuever any slower than an engine damage sherman UNLESS the panzer IV has heavy engine damage and the sherman does not.

Its actually more likely that an engine damage Panther does to allied infantrywhat you're claiming in your original post.

Thanks a lot
-it explains all I wanted (it seems I'm unlucky with rng)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★