Login

russian armor

If I was a Stabsscharleiter in Coh2

21 Dec 2014, 16:41 PM

The rankingsystem Coh has can be seen here: http://koti.mbnet.fi/janne252/Coh_MP_levels_icons/Index.html

As Relic isnt able (we can safely say that now) to implement a ranking system ingame in Coh2 I am wondering what position I would have if we had Cohs ranking system?
How many players did a grade contain in Coh?
22 Dec 2014, 11:30 AM

I was Standartenführer
replace leiter with führer and you got the real rank

Even if it was nice, i am kinda divided into two opinions. On the one hand it was awesome to have the rank and fight to the very last to not lose it. For CoH2 it would be ok because of automatch only (somebody even playing unranked games in CoH2?). On the other hand i am glad that they dropped it, because else nobody wanted to play because they were scared of the rank, or they would only play when the own team was clearly better to not lose the rank.
22 Dec 2014, 11:55 AM
Patrion 14

As Relic isnt able (we can safely say that now) to implement a ranking system ingame in Coh2 I am wondering what position I would have if we had Cohs ranking system?
How many players did a grade contain in Coh?

Such a System is a must have from my perspective. Same goes for a in-game ladder. Ranks in CoH2 are meaningless, Relic could have leave them off. Sooner or later everyone reaches the max level. Thats Call of Duty style. I don´t think Relic is not able to implement a CoH1 like system in CoH2, they just don´t want to. Because some people don't like competition i guess.

A grade did not contain a fixed number of players. The only exception is rank 20, there can be only one lv 20 player. But the other ranks should be scalable, depending on the total amount of players and the amount of players in higher and lower grades.

22 Dec 2014, 12:56 PM

I was Standartenführer
replace leiter with führer and you got the real rank

Seriously they put leiter in place of führer? I mean that's just sad. Either don't go there or go there. Don't stand in the doorway like a cat.

Ranks should also fluctuate, if anyone remembers the early days of WoW when PVP ranks decreased with time, that was awesome. Or maybe do as BF2, with the higher ranks you needed to be up high on global leaderboards for a while to be granted, I think 4 star General was nr 1 for two weeks or something. Sure you never lost it but when you had your stars everyone knew that the player was good. Instead of just having been playing the most.

Slow at work. Here are the Soviet ranks.

22 Dec 2014, 13:00 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

They indeed just swapped "Führer" with "Leiter" to make it look like these aren't the SS-Ranks. Well done :snfCHVGame:
22 Dec 2014, 13:15 PM

Yeah just that anyone with knowledge of any germanic stemmed language knows instantly that they both mean the exact same thing. :P Ohh canada.
22 Dec 2014, 16:12 PM

I'm hoping Relic will add the kind of ranking system they had in CoH1 to CoH2 , since rank as of now is meaningless and oddly enough is very similar to the Call of Duty system; your level doesn't actually gauge your skill, but rather how much time you've spent playing CoH2 which shouldn't be the case.

Anyways, I was a Major General for the British Army in 2v2 ranked in CoH1, Brigadier General for the US, Hauptmann for the Wehrmacht and a Brigadenleiter(Level 16 equivalent) or however you spell it for the Panzer Elite.

Those were for my 2v2's, my 1v1 ranks were all level 12 for all factions except for the British where I was a leftenant Colonel(level 14).

Now I miss the old ranking system CoH1 had, and how much fun I had just watching my profile looking at my level 17 Major General badge
23 Dec 2014, 00:26 AM

The 100 level system with prestiging was a really stupid decision. As with the whole "XP" mechanics. Just trying to get people to play more to grind up their levels the same way CoD does, and it's just as meaningless. Actually less meaningful since all you get here are skins and very very minor bulletins instead of new weapons and armor and shit that really impacts your experience.

I miss being able to see someone's actual rank without going through a stupid workaround with alt-tabbing and looking up shit on web sites.
23 Dec 2014, 09:52 AM

YO Baba, I think a rank system would be good but as stated above players would walk away from a game if they could see the other team was higher ranked and they could lose, not only the game but points towards their rank. If you want to be ranked then their should be a in house competition that would support this concept.

have fun and always use protection
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS