Login

russian armor

What is the worst unit in the game !? [DEC 14]

21 Dec 2014, 17:56 PM

Wonder why Pack Howie, DoucheGun and Stuart got exclueded...definietly they are underperforming.

Pack Howitzer is awesome... Problem is that it's overpriced..
21 Dec 2014, 19:02 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I know some of these units are not on the same scale as m21 worst but I wanted 3 units from each faction.
The pak howitzer is not on the list as it is amazing once it hits vet 2. It is overpriced though.
Stuart is meh, but is one of the few units that can be used to kill the flak HT (more people should use the flak HT) and has the pesky stun ability.
Dushka isnt that bad, its just in bad commanders.
IR HT, I kinda forgot about this unit so maybe this unit should've been on the list :P. I never get it but I see it has some uses. it has mroe range than the kubel detect and shows them on the real screen not just minimap. My main issue with it is that it takes up popcap. I'll include in the next poll

Now for some units that ARE on the list.
OST Sniper, Yes it can be very good if properly microed, but that is the same with the okw p4s. My point is that they require way too much micro for mediocre performance.
Leig I'd rate same as pack howitzer but has much worse veterancy bonuses

oh and the dodge is on the list as it can really screw up greedy kubel users in the beginning
21 Dec 2014, 19:11 PM

USF mortar.

But there are units on this list that are actually pretty good.
21 Dec 2014, 19:21 PM
Honorary Member Badge

[OKW] 2cm Flak 38 Emplacement

It's superficially attractive, but immobile, costs fuel and pop cap, is basically irrelevant by the late game and can be captured and used against you. Also this faction has good AAA anyway. It's a total noob trap.

[OKW]7.5cm le.IG 18 Infantry Support Gun

Underwhelming but fills a niche

[OKW] Veteran Panzer IV Ausf J. Battle Group

Flavoursome, even if unimpressive

[OST] 10.5cm leFH 18 Artillery

Meh

[OST] Artillery Field Officer

Is awesome and does not deserve to be on this list

[OST] Sniper

Fulfils his role

[SOV] Irregulars

Are pretty terrible

[SOV] Partisan Troops -Any AI variation

Sorry Partisans are great fun and have unique capabilities for the faction.

[SOV] SU-76M Assault Gun

There is pudding, but is it as pudding as the flak emplacement? I think not

[USF] M3 Half-track Assault Group

Meh

[USF] M10 'Wolverine' Tank Destroyer

Not so much a tank destroyer as a tank irritator

[USF] M21 Mortar Half-Track

Underwhelming but fills a niche

21 Dec 2014, 19:24 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Surprised the 2cm emplacement doesn't get more considering how easy that thing is to decrew. Pretty much anything with AOE will knock it out and can then be stolen to repeat this cycle.
21 Dec 2014, 20:24 PM

Wonder why Pack Howie, DoucheGun and Stuart got exclueded...definietly they are underperforming.

Yeah, seriously.

The M21 IS SO AWFUL. If I see an ally building them I know that we have a 95% chance of losing the game because of simply how dumb or inexperienced he is.
21 Dec 2014, 21:53 PM

How could anyone think the OST Sniper is useless?

In any case, the M21 mortar halftrack, no contest. I think I might have seen that unit get a single kill ever. It is truly awful.
21 Dec 2014, 22:24 PM

Mortar Half-Track and SU-76 less useful than the Flak Emplacement? That's a laugh. The Flak Emplacement is god-awful, it spends most of its time reloading, struggles to suppress or kill anyone, and gets abandoned as soon as the first gunner dies.

I don't know how that was a good idea, a weapon that requires 2 people to operate, and has a crew of 2.
22 Dec 2014, 00:21 AM

My top two would be flak emplacement and irregulars (I don't have partisans though so not sure). Flak emplacement is just hilariously easy to decrew and really has no use and irregulars are fun in a hipster kind of way with their awesome nades and better than combat engi dps at long range for the price but... Irregulars are so squishy and aren't good at harrasment or supporting cons really. I've been trying to make them work in games with friends lately but that commander just feels so weak.
22 Dec 2014, 01:27 AM
Patrion 27

I put the SU-76 because I really think it should reward strong play and get much more potent with veterancy but that isn't the case. Irregulars are probably the overall worst unit though.
22 Dec 2014, 02:21 AM

Support gun this units has never managed to do anything for me . other units have been known to be useful. can somebody plz post the differences between the ami and wehr track plz?
22 Dec 2014, 02:27 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2014, 02:21 AMJaigen
Support gun this units has never managed to do anything for me . other units have been known to be useful. can somebody plz post the differences between the ami and wehr track plz?

Both the ISG and the Pack Howitzer get better the more players are in a match. They require good fore-sight form the player in anticipating assaults so can easily be punished. Both get MUCH stronger one they get their AT options at veterancy.
22 Dec 2014, 03:11 AM

Both the ISG and the Pack Howitzer get better the more players are in a match. They require good fore-sight form the player in anticipating assaults so can easily be punished. Both get MUCH stronger one they get their AT options at veterancy.

Every single AOE unit in this game gets better wit more people.
And frankly i couldn't give a fuck about the AT abilities because it doesnt achieve anything and im completely flabbergasted you even brought it up. If wish to discuss this further give me replay where the support gun was effective AT otherwise dont bother responding.
I need a MP bleeder that prevents my opponent from concentrating. And every single mortar and the pack hoowie does that job several times better, especially with HE shells

This unit needs a buff of at least 1 whole extra aoe before i use it again/.
22 Dec 2014, 03:15 AM
Benefactor 392

the emplacement is such a crappy thing, it cost a lot of fuel and man power for it's worth.

Not only is it expensive it can easily be taken out 1 infantry unit with smoke and a nade.
or a sniper group.

one is better off with a kubel, or a mg 34.

not only is it next to worthless, a tank has no trouble with a few pew pew to take it out.

at least with everything else one can see at least quite a few good qualities towards what they have.

OH and it can not move! at least you can retreat or push with everything else.
22 Dec 2014, 03:59 AM

M21 hands down i got 3 of them together hoping they would make some difference but nope even with the accuracy bulletin they are bad, even barrage ability rarely gets you kills. costly for a 40 Fuel unit
22 Dec 2014, 04:37 AM

Missing Assault Grenadiers and Pioneers.. Those MP-40's are truly awful.
22 Dec 2014, 06:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2014, 04:37 AMSierra
Missing Assault Grenadiers and Pioneers.. Those MP-40's are truly awful.

assault Gren are good in early good flanker unit someplayer use spam tactic cause problem in early game (not problem when riflemen get bar or call in paratrooper with upgrade weapon )

and pioneer use flamethrower plz
22 Dec 2014, 06:30 AM

assault Gren are good in early good flanker unit someplayer use spam tactic cause problem in early game (not problem when riflemen get bar or call in paratrooper with upgrade weapon )

and pioneer use flamethrower plz

Pioneer flamethrower pales compared to the Soviet Penal Flamethrower or the Combat Engineer Flamethrowers. =(

Also Assault Grenadiers cost exactly as much manpower as Assault Engineers (American) and come out at the same time, but they are still raped by them. They also cost the exact same amount of manpower as American rifles, yet will die quickly in mid-close range to said Rifles.
22 Dec 2014, 08:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2014, 06:30 AMSierra

Pioneer flamethrower pales compared to the Soviet Penal Flamethrower or the Combat Engineer Flamethrowers. =(

Also Assault Grenadiers cost exactly as much manpower as Assault Engineers (American) and come out at the same time, but they are still raped by them. They also cost the exact same amount of manpower as American rifles, yet will die quickly in mid-close range to said Rifles.

compare Combat engineer by role
combat engineer not deal pio in close range
---
I forgot Assault engineer they performance better than Assault Gren except Grenade skill
22 Dec 2014, 08:29 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I accuse my teammates of trying to throw the game when they get the US mortar HT or an OKW flak emplacement :p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5
Korea, Republic Of 4
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak