Login

russian armor

Partisans are utter garbage

21 Dec 2014, 02:18 AM
Donator 33

I bet LMG partisans are supposed to used in an M5 halftrack, driving and Shooting around, making them work like M3 shocks in march deployment patch :)
21 Dec 2014, 02:46 AM

The only time I have seen the commander have a noticeably significant impact on a match was when some PTRS ones spawned with just the right timing in a building next to an OKW truck that was setting up. But the player couldn't follow up on his advantage.
21 Dec 2014, 03:02 AM

Partisans are fine as they are. They have pretty good DPS, they spawn out of buildings and they spawn with LMG's that cost no munitions. They're a very good unit in the hands of a skilled player.
21 Dec 2014, 03:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Partisans are fine as they are. They have pretty good DPS, they spawn out of buildings and they spawn with LMG's that cost no munitions. They're a very good unit in the hands of a skilled player.

And this is why we've seen it on every single game on the $1000 tournament :bananadance:
21 Dec 2014, 05:07 AM

And this is why we've seen it on every single game on the $1000 tournament :bananadance:

Yup, partisans are so good that half the units in the game are actually partisans in disguise and we just don't know it. Is that a tiger tank or partisans...? We may never know...
21 Dec 2014, 06:33 AM
Patrion 28

partisians are good for back capping on building maps and that is literally it. irregulars aren't even good for that since they can't spawn out of buildings.
21 Dec 2014, 06:59 AM

Partisans and Irregulars should be refundable.

Pop them out, use them, and disappear.
21 Dec 2014, 08:46 AM

And that is kids how we spot a hardcore axis only player. :snfPeter:
21 Dec 2014, 11:18 AM

Their DPS is so bad they are worse off having DP's instead of just rifles.
21 Dec 2014, 12:42 PM

Their DPS is so bad they are worse off having DP's instead of just rifles.

Cons:
3.402 (near)
1.631 (mid)
0.771 (far)

with PPSH:

Patrisans:

with PPSH:

they arent much worse than cons considering their dps values. and equipped with a lmg42 they rank second in far range dps (only inf) after guards (with dp28)
the problem is their durability... they cant utilize their damage because they drop like flies
21 Dec 2014, 12:49 PM

^Compare accuracy on the move and comparing the number of models aka survivability and cost and we have a picture for underpowered, overpriced unit.
LMG partisans are 2nd after guards in long range DPS(in soviet faction) because only guards are able to do any long range DPS.

Comparing it to all weapons, they are rock bottom.
Osttruppen in cover do more long range DPS then partisans with LMGs and that says something.
21 Dec 2014, 13:31 PM

Partisans are bad because they are... Partisans, literally hobos that were unfit for military service in the first place.
Yes, this game is not about realism, but it should keep immersion.
The moment Civilians with stolen weapons can go toe on toe with war hardened, trained veteran troops the immersion completely breaks.

Like people already mentioned, their role is to disturb and harass behind the lines. This is what they do currently, so they are fine.

Another "we want elite infantry spawning in houses too" thread. I don't mind, but relic should then implement new units (will seem never to happen unfortunately) to keep the immersion.
21 Dec 2014, 13:40 PM

Partisans are bad because they are... Partisans, literally hobos that were unfit for military service in the first place.

So you have nothing against not changing their stats and giving them cost of 100mp?
After all they are just hobos, why would they be more expensive even then combat engineers who, after all are trained soldiers?
The moment Civilians with stolen weapons can go toe on toe with war hardened, trained veteran troops the immersion completely breaks.

We're talking a game where Luchs can take direct, penetrating hit from ISU-152 and live.

Like people already mentioned, their role is to disturb and harass behind the lines. This is what they do currently, so they are fine.

Another "we want elite infantry spawning in houses too" thread. I don't mind, but relic should then implement new units (will seem never to happen unfortunately) to keep the immersion.

So is the role of falls, sturms and JLI. Yet they can fight on their own.

Partisans need a change, you have not presented a single valid argument why a completely useless, underperforming unit should not be buffed.
21 Dec 2014, 13:45 PM

Oh man, I envy you, because you seemingly have not touched the history of WW2, or at least the WW2 partisan movements, at all. You have plenty of exciting reading ahead of you.
21 Dec 2014, 14:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2014, 13:40 PMKatitof

So you have nothing against not changing their stats and giving them cost of 100mp?
After all they are just hobos, why would they be more expensive even then combat engineers who, after all are trained soldiers?

I think they would be fine if Relic gave them ability to upgrade their survivability back.

We're talking a game where Luchs can take direct, penetrating hit from ISU-152 and live.

Yet a Luchs would never win against a ISU. Likewise Partisans should never win against trained soldiers. I'm more concerned about the future stealth devices, snipers and okw units have. Nobody is asking that Anti Tank rifles can take out crew members.

So is the role of falls, sturms and JLI. Yet they can fight on their own.

No, they have a multi purpose, spawn them once or twice in game for a surprise attack and then use them as a mainline infantry. While Partisans have the exclusive role to harass behind enemy lines, being totally cheap in mp costs.

Partisans need a change, you have not presented a single valid argument why a completely useless, underperforming unit should not be buffed.

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2014, 13:45 PMCadoc

Oh man, I envy you, because you seemingly have not touched the history of WW2, or at least the WW2 partisan movements, at all. You have plenty of exciting reading ahead of you.

I tend to overdraw my comments to underline certain viewpoints.
21 Dec 2014, 20:49 PM

unfortunately the dps of their lmg's is only half compared to the regular dps.
21 Dec 2014, 21:03 PM

Welcome to the world of Soviets commanders without call-ins :foreveralone:

It would be great of Soviets have T34/85 or SU100 as non-doc units.

And while Partisants spawned behind lines is something correct - they are partisants, right? Falsch, Jager and Strom are werid units to spawn behind.

Probably a next faction called, Serious Soviet Faction Must-Buy edition for allied player
21 Dec 2014, 23:14 PM

No, I don't want elite infantry spawning in houses (though it is strange that the Germans get all of those and the Allies don't...). I just want a unit that can do damage. What I've seen of partisans was just pitiful. Even with an MG-42 they could do nothing against grens.
22 Dec 2014, 00:44 AM
Patrion 28

I think they would be fine if Relic gave them ability to upgrade their survivability back.

they used to have 40 hp per model and an upgrade that gave them 80hp per model. they now have 80hp per model and no upgrade
22 Dec 2014, 00:59 AM

I ran some controlled tests on these dudes and the results are in: they're as bad as Katitof says.

At point-blank range, SVT Partisans lost to stock Grenadiers the majority of the time. Same story for LMG Partisans vs Grenadiers at longer ranges. Even Ostheer Pioneers beat the Partisans up close. They are also not cheap as people have said: at 26 reinforcement per-man, they cost more than Conscripts, Penal Troops, Riflemen, etc to reinforce.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★