Login

russian armor

Partisans are utter garbage

20 Dec 2014, 21:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2014, 19:29 PMRupert
Well it depends... if you remove every commande with shocks/guards/120mm/t-34-85/IS-2, I bet this doctrine would be used.

We can still choose lend leased doctrine :megusta:
20 Dec 2014, 21:16 PM

Partizanz!

2 instances where they actually were doing good-AT ones once and AI ones once. Would I play as axis against allies with "out of building infantry" I would have obliterated the guy.

These things die like flies, bleed like a whale on period and hit like my fiancée.
20 Dec 2014, 21:36 PM

holy crap you posted a replay of yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
20 Dec 2014, 21:39 PM

Holy crap!
If you actually watched replay section you'd see there are more of them!
20 Dec 2014, 21:54 PM

I wonder what it would be like if Partisans could reinforce from any building, but only if they were out of combat.
20 Dec 2014, 21:57 PM

I wonder what it would be like if Partisans could reinforce from any building, but only if they were out of combat.

Nothing would change for them, because 100% of infantry above pios/osttruppen force them off easily or wipe them out outright.
20 Dec 2014, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2014, 21:16 PMKatitof
and hit like my fiancée.
No offense... you have a fiancée? I always pictured you as around 14 years old. :D

But on topic: I never ever see partisans. They can be useful on Semoski to spawn behind weapon crews or to cut off the fuel. But that´s pretty much the only thing. Not worth denying yourself T-34/85s and IS-2s for that. It´s kind of like that thread with people complaining about artillery. In the current call in meta not going for anything out of the standard call in tanks is suicide.

The whole doctrine is crippled further because it contains the aforementioned under-performing artillery. Oh and on top of that Partisans suck even more than artillery.
20 Dec 2014, 22:19 PM

No offense... you have a fiancée? I always pictured you as around 14 years old. :D

Make that double :megusta:

But on topic: I never ever see partisans. They can be useful on Semoski to spawn behind weapon crews or to cut off the fuel. But that´s pretty much the only thing. Not worth denying yourself T-34/85s and IS-2s for that. It´s kind of like that thread with people complaining about artillery. In the current call in meta not going for anything out of the standard call in tanks is suicide.

Just.. watch my replay.
They aren't as horrible against Ost, but they are still horribly underpowered.

There is no place in game for 4 men squads with no DPS on allied side now that we have OKW and mad full auto weapons everywhere.
20 Dec 2014, 22:27 PM

What if they gave them the ability to plant really cheap mines (like 20 munis), but because the mines are home made they have a chance of exploding if your own infantry/tanks run over them? That would mean although you could punish enemies for entering certain areas you also have to micro more in those areas to not hit your own mines, but you could plant a lot of them due to cheapness.
20 Dec 2014, 22:28 PM

What if they gave them the ability to plant really cheap mines (like 20 munis), but because the mines are home made they have a chance of exploding if your own infantry/tanks run over them? That would mean although you could punish enemies for entering certain areas you also have to micro more in those areas to not hit your own mines, but you could plant a lot of them due to cheapness.

You didn't really ever played with them, did you?

They already can plant normal mines and wire.
20 Dec 2014, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2014, 22:28 PMKatitof

You didn't really ever played with them, did you?

They already can plant normal mines and wire.

I have never played with them (smart enough not to buy the Doctrine), but I have played against them and I know they plant mines because someone already stated that in this thread.
What I am suggesting is changing their mines to be super cheap, but self damaging, like IEDs.

Or allow them to summon dogs which can run mines under tanks and see if PETA gets angry about virtual dog limbs...
20 Dec 2014, 22:51 PM

The doctrine have absolutely no problems with munitions, so how nerfing them significantly would help?
20 Dec 2014, 23:08 PM
Honorary Member Badge

I think they are a lot of fun, but you need the right team mates

Used properly on the right map your opponents will have a fit
20 Dec 2014, 23:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2014, 22:51 PMKatitof
The doctrine have absolutely no problems with munitions, so how nerfing them significantly would help?

I meant more like allowing them to place A LOT more mines. Maybe up the mine placement time. Allow them to plant mines behind enemy lines more. They could also be given a weapon upgrade, like PPshs replacing all, but the random weapon they start with.
21 Dec 2014, 00:27 AM

Any one use the irregulars doctrine much? Irregulars are strange in that they're partisans that come with garunteed lmgs, can't spawn from buildings, get regular nades, and at nades when researched. Their long range dps is actually not terrible for a 190mp squad that doesn't cost munis to upgrade. They're no obers of course but they're fun for a change of pace. I just wish rapid conscription worked on them as they die so easily. All in all the commander sucks but it's fun to use some times.
21 Dec 2014, 00:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2014, 00:27 AMEnkidu
Any one use the irregulars doctrine much? Irregulars are strange in that they're partisans that come with garunteed lmgs, can't spawn from buildings, get regular nades, and at nades when researched. Their long range dps is actually not terrible for a 190mp squad that doesn't cost munis to upgrade. They're no obers of course but they're fun for a change of pace. I just wish rapid conscription worked on them as they die so easily. All in all the commander sucks but it's fun to use some times.

You can't be serious? Irregulars are awful at any range really, and if they get the DP-28s their DPS is actually downgraded. :snfPeter:
21 Dec 2014, 00:50 AM

Partisans and Irregulars are pretty awful. Seriously wish Relic would look at the Partisan tactics especially because that commander has so much wasted potential. Reserve would be pretty meh even if the irregulars were up to snuff. But if the partisans were no worse than cons , PT could be a more workable and maybe even solid commander for the right styles of play.
21 Dec 2014, 01:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2014, 00:42 AMVonIvan

You can't be serious? Irregulars are awful at any range really, and if they get the DP-28s their DPS is actually downgraded. :snfPeter:

I guess it's all relative. They obviously suck and I would never use them in any serious fashion but I kind of expected them to do no dps at all for cost and just kind of be capping/at nade bots but the lmgs were better than I thought they'd be. I should have been more clear, I don't think their dps is good compared to most other units, at all... Just better than I expected it to be. I'm not in anyway saying I think the commander is viable for anything other than the laughs but they are amusing to use at times :)
21 Dec 2014, 01:08 AM

Partisans and Irregulars are pretty awful. Seriously wish Relic would look at the Partisan tactics especially because that commander has so much wasted potential. Reserve would be pretty meh even if the irregulars were up to snuff. But if the partisans were no worse than cons , PT could be a more workable and maybe even solid commander for the right styles of play.

Irregulars are weaker than partysans, but at least the Partysan doc is actually pretty sufficient for most 1v1 to 2v2 situations, whereas Reserve doc has some great abilities but the main point of the doc is Irregulars, if Irregulars are unreliable then you can just choose another doc with similar abilities. The problem with Partysans is three things, their late game survival rate, vet system, and their reinforce cost. They cost 26 mp to reinforce whereas cons are only 20, in which cons have a better vet system and higher army value. I can understand that since they're a call-in and can be brought out of buildings a higher reinforce rate is needed, but honestly I believe it should be set to 22-23 since they're only a weaker 4 man infantry squad. Not like they're falls or jaegers. :foreveralone:
21 Dec 2014, 01:09 AM

The most frustrating thing with partysons is that you get teleporting super infantry as OKW which have the same role :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★