Login

russian armor

AT guns ignoring vehicle priority

19 Dec 2014, 12:00 PM
Benefactor 115

Anybody noticed something similar lately? I got it plenty of times with usf atg, probably when a-moving
19 Dec 2014, 12:11 PM

I only noticed that the OKW Raketenwerfer doesn't prioritize vehicles when put into a building. They also are very stubborn at shooting "dead" soldiers who are still crawling around on the ground.
19 Dec 2014, 12:28 PM

Yes. My 57mm shots often besides there is no vehicle in range and prioritizing is ON.
19 Dec 2014, 12:33 PM
Patrion 14

yep
19 Dec 2014, 12:53 PM

19 Dec 2014, 13:38 PM

It's "prioriy" no only shot tanks, if is only infantery the AT shot to the infantery, if the enemy come with infantery and tanks first shot the tanks and then to the infantery.
19 Dec 2014, 13:43 PM
Benefactor 115

It's "prioriy" no only shot tanks, if is only infantery the AT shot to the infantery, if the enemy come with infantery and tanks first shot the tanks and then to the infantery.

that makes no sense.
guns already have their own priority scales to target units in sight.
I'm talking about the recently added button here
20 Dec 2014, 05:55 AM

To be clear the vehicle priority button prevents the vehicle from targeting infantry period. You can drive a tank destroyer right past a squad of infantry and it won't fire at them despite that squad being the only target in range.

That said, I find that the Zis-3 will target infantry despite having vehicle priority on after it has used the HE barrage ability.

On the topic of the HE barrage ability, it also seems to "misfire" the first shell of the barrage. The gun fires but no shell is fired out of it and no damage is done.
20 Dec 2014, 06:11 AM

In addition to the misfiring, it gets cancelled if a crew member dies. They should change that, 60 mun down the drain because a crewman was hit is pretty weak.
20 Dec 2014, 07:06 AM

You are right, I think it only happens when you use abilities which use the gun (ZiS barrage, Pak TWP). This also happens with Tanks (I have only tested Stug).

If you order, lets say your Stug to target vehicles only and then you use the TWP ability, your unit will now attack everything like before. This needs to be fixed.
20 Dec 2014, 07:13 AM

Always happens. That's why we need hold fire instead. I never noticed anything wrong with it previously.
20 Dec 2014, 08:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2014, 07:13 AMsteel
That's why we need hold fire instead.

Not instead. Prioritize vehicles, when it works, has been one of the best additions to units Relic has given us. Not everyone wants to micro their fragile tank destroyers and at guns like crazy when they should have no business shooting infantry altogether. If you must replace something, then make it three-way toggle (i.e. you go from fire at will through prioritize vehicles to hold fire, and then start over). Either that, or make all the appropriate units fire at vehicles only at default and infantry only when told to.
20 Dec 2014, 08:48 AM

Not instead. Prioritize vehicles, when it works, has been one of the best additions to units Relic has given us. Not everyone wants to micro their fragile tank destroyers and at guns like crazy when they should have no business shooting infantry altogether. If you must replace something, then make it three-way toggle (i.e. you go from fire at will through prioritize vehicles to hold fire, and then start over). Either that, or make all the appropriate units fire at vehicles only at default and infantry only when told to.
I still think hold fire is better since you can prepare ambushes with it. If you've got 2 paks and you have prioritise vehicle you might not be able to finish off a T-70/Stuart/Halftrack if they don't deploy at the exact same time due to them firing immediately. With Hold Fire, you can wait for the 2nd pak to be ready and fire both at the same time.

You could also wait for a tank to hit a mine before firing so you don't scare him away which is good.
20 Dec 2014, 09:12 AM

So, why not both? There's plenty of room on the UI.
20 Dec 2014, 21:42 PM

Permanently Banned
I want hold fire on tanks as well, to many times my tank got in the fog of war safely, but fired at some stupid infantry and revealed itself so another tank could finish it off. So freaking annoying
21 Dec 2014, 21:50 PM

I want hold fire on tanks as well, to many times my tank got in the fog of war safely, but fired at some stupid infantry and revealed itself so another tank could finish it off. So freaking annoying

This
21 Dec 2014, 22:42 PM

Prioritise Vehicles should also hold fire on the supporting crew. I had a camouflaged Zis lying in wait and a crew member took a rifle shot at the vehicle and gave the gun away.
    22 Dec 2014, 00:44 AM
    Patrion 28

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
      Steam Alias
      W
      L
      %
      Streak
    Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight