Login

russian armor

A-move SdKfz251/17 makes it fire before setup

19 Dec 2014, 17:20 PM

I don't actually recall seeing behavior this in the tourney when the flak ht was used in the later rounds so i don't think it is necessary in order to make the unit viable, therefore i think it should be removed feature or bug

following that kind of logic one could also argue that it doesnt seem to be a problem... if noone used it that way, it cant be too effective, can it? otherwise everyone (especially with money being involved) would use it
funny thing is that its only a problem now, after someone started a thread about it being able to shoot without setting up at all (which is wrong).
and i dont think its better than a luchs. more fire power sure, but it wont wipe squads while driving away in reverse, it wont circle strafe at guns and its less durable (smoke increases is survivability but doesnt actually improve its durability)
anyways if its that big of a problem for many ppl it should be changed (again: it never was that effective when i played against it, despite it being used in this manner)

19 Dec 2014, 17:24 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

nobody uses the SU-76 either, guess we should just leave it how it is too
19 Dec 2014, 17:29 PM

The minium range from the flak HT can be easily circumvented by using attack ground, I've killed plenty of greyhounds and m20s that way

Good thing most players don't know that.

Butthumping greedy AA HT users with M20 feels nice.
19 Dec 2014, 17:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2014, 17:24 PMRomeo
nobody uses the SU-76 either, guess we should just leave it how it is too

apples and pink spidermonkeys
ppl often tend to abuse, but then they rarely play with totally useless units
and you should have read the part where i was in favor of changing it
19 Dec 2014, 17:45 PM

following that kind of logic one could also argue that it doesnt seem to be a problem... if noone used it that way, it cant be too effective, can it? otherwise everyone (especially with money being involved) would use it
funny thing is that its only a problem now, after someone started a thread about it being able to shoot without setting up at all (which is wrong).
and i dont think its better than a luchs. more fire power sure, but it wont wipe squads while driving away in reverse, it wont circle strafe at guns and its less durable (smoke increases is survivability but doesnt actually improve its durability)
anyways if its that big a problem for many ppl it should be changed (again: it never was that effective when i played against it, despite it being used in this manner)

it have never been effective against anyone because nobody is trying hard to abuse this bug, because very few people know about it, everybody, even myself, are still using the unit taking to much in consideration its design philosophy, its low mobility, its intention to be a defensive more than offensive unit, set up time, etc, but it seems like it can be used pretty much like a luchs. totally broken.
19 Dec 2014, 17:55 PM

anyways if its that big of a problem for many ppl it should be changed (again: it never was that effective when i played against it, despite it being used in this manner)

I actually only saw it as a problem if it was considered the only and best option however i do think going this teching path has signifigant tradeoffs, late healing or obers, and this creates a good dynamic. But the damage at 6 mins is kinda ridiculous when it glides towards the target settign up. I think the decision to change this should be based on whether or not it is too strong or with it or too weak without it. Finding unique behaviors such as this are a cool part of every game. It's not like something created unintentionally can't be just as awsome a mechanic as one carefully constructed.
19 Dec 2014, 18:12 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

If it's needed to keep the unit viable, I still think the bug should be "fixed" by just removing the setup time entirely and making it fire only when stopped like the USF HT.

But I don't think it is.
19 Dec 2014, 18:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2014, 18:12 PMRomeo
If it's needed to keep the unit viable, I still think the bug should be "fixed" by just removing the setup time entirely and making it fire only when stopped like the USF HT.

But I don't think it is.

it sure isnt. i said i would use it less since i actually like that feature. intentionally or not. but if its too strong in the opinion of most players, go ahead, relic, change it.
never ever did i mention it wouldnt be viable with out that feature. but ppl read too much into my statements that simply isnt there
im quoting myself here: "i myself love using it and would probably use it less if it worked any other way" not a single word about viability. its about personal preferences
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★