Login

russian armor

Panzer II Luchs

PAGES (12)down
19 Dec 2014, 18:28 PM
Patrion 14

OKW can have t3 around the 5 minute mark.

Theory-crafting versus reality, folks.
19 Dec 2014, 20:25 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Wheeeew...some strong stuff going on in the #130s.....but no reports, so I guess you are mostly happy. :)

Please continue to try to show respect -some stuff threatened to go deep down and dirty. Just sayin' ;)

Back to topic

20 Dec 2014, 04:10 AM

o_O
When was the last time you played the game and seen luchs and t70 in action?
Imo Luchs outperforms EVERY direct-fire AI vehicle, except ISU (considering its long reload, even IS2 will do worse than luchs if it won't manage to score a lucky one-shot wipe)
Also, Luchs makes Ostwind look like he is his bigger, retarded brother. :D

In the same 1v1? Never. I wouldn't build a t70 against OKW only ostheer. That's not the T70s weakness though. It's the punishment of teching and the threat of a puma. As far as the luchs vs USF I always preferd captain for quick ATGs to Harris trucks and not having to wait a dogs age when building armor.
20 Dec 2014, 09:14 AM
Patrion 28

Theory-crafting versus reality, folks.

nope. i had one game where we did poorly in the early game and they got it around that fast. somehow we clawed our way back and won even though i lost 3 jacksons.
20 Dec 2014, 09:30 AM

P2 is fine how it is.
20 Dec 2014, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2014, 04:59 AMRomeo
I think the luchs is about right for its cost. Other light tanks should be elevated to its level or get cost reductions.

I agree with this guy.
20 Dec 2014, 17:56 PM

That could be a good solution.

thanks
20 Dec 2014, 19:22 PM

Maybe if the shots stopped hitting the ground...
20 Dec 2014, 21:48 PM

Permanently Banned
I hate okw and everything that army resembles, but aren't we forgetting the lovely canister shot the m8 has xd?

20 Dec 2014, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2014, 04:59 AMRomeo
I think the luchs is about right for its cost. Other light tanks should be elevated to its level or get cost reductions.

Actually this could lead to new and interesting way to improve the overall meta. Make the Light and Medium tanks better, then players will want to build them and naturally wont be stockpiling fuel for an "early" heavy tank. Improving doctrinal tanks will also slow down call-ins leading to a move away from build T1 then sit on fuel for whatever at 11CPs.
21 Dec 2014, 06:38 AM
Patrion 28

and then heavy tanks will be meh and people won't build them because they're no longer cost effective or significantly different. maybe not a terrible thing overall though.
21 Dec 2014, 10:15 AM

and then heavy tanks will be meh and people won't build them because they're no longer cost effective or significantly different. maybe not a terrible thing overall though.

I don't think so. What you want more right now when facing enemy's armor? 3 t34/76 or 1 Tiger? I think most of us would choose Tiger. Point is to make 2 T34/76, or 2 Shermans able to engage Tiger. Call is still would be stronger but not that much.
_________
Yestrday I played to Axis 2v2. Both with Luchs. I have no experience in playing as OKW, yet my rush for Luchs was deadly. 29 and 37 kills :drool: Even when heavier armor was on the filed, my Luchs was trolling infatrny behing the lines all the time.
21 Dec 2014, 12:36 PM

I don't think so. What you want more right now when facing enemy's armor? 3 t34/76 or 1 Tiger? I think most of us would choose Tiger. Point is to make 2 T34/76, or 2 Shermans able to engage Tiger. Call is still would be stronger but not that much.
_________
Yestrday I played to Axis 2v2. Both with Luchs. I have no experience in playing as OKW, yet my rush for Luchs was deadly. 29 and 37 kills :drool: Even when heavier armor was on the filed, my Luchs was trolling infatrny behing the lines all the time.

Yeah this is a stupid suggestion. Heavies sacrifice firepower and mobility for increased durability. take that away by making them equal to med tanks and you have a real issue as heavies become worthless. heavy tank should only be countered by tank destroyers otherwise yo simply get a spam fest which would suit the allies a lot more then the axis.
21 Dec 2014, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2014, 12:36 PMJaigen

Yeah this is a stupid suggestion. Heavies sacrifice firepower and mobility for increased durability. take that away by making them equal to med tanks and you have a real issue as heavies become worthless. heavy tank should only be countered by tank destroyers otherwise yo simply get a spam fest which would suit the allies a lot more then the axis.

Right now spamming 3 Shermans vs Tiger = 1 Sherman left and damaged Tiger, yes still alive (most of the time). Is it fair?

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2014, 12:36 PMJaigen

Heavies sacrifice firepower and mobility for increased durability.

Not to mention that Tiger has higer realod speed than PzIV.
21 Dec 2014, 12:55 PM

[...]

uhh anecdotal evidence. let me go next:
yesterday i was playing USF (my least played faction/15ish games) and i used a greyhound. it oneshotted everything and managed to finish off his luchs :drool:(that had been hit by my at gun before)
it even survived late game with blobs of shreked up volks and panthers roaming around
my conclusion m8 too stonk and hardcounter to luchs

seriously what is your problem. instead of mentioning any possible solutions you seem to want to vent your hate for the luchs... could you write anything related to a possible solution? would be way better than those random (and inconsistent throughout your posts) Kills/min.
21 Dec 2014, 13:04 PM

uhh anecdotal evidence. let me go next:
yesterday i was playing USF (my least played faction/15ish games) and i used a greyhound. it oneshotted everything and managed to finish off his luchs :drool:(that had been hit by my at gun before)
it even survived late game with blobs of shreked up volks and panthers roaming around
my conclusion m8 too stonk and hardcounter to luchs

seriously what is your problem. instead of mentioning any possible solutions you seem to want to vent your hate for the luchs... could you write anything related to a possible solution? would be way better than those random (and inconsistent throughout your posts) Kills/min.

Solution is very simple.
320 HP.

Sturat can't even threat OKW while Luchs is terrorizes USF.

Greyhound - doctrinal, fragile, ability for muni.
Luchs - non-doctrinal, durable, no muni for using.

Although I don't rage about Greyhound. I tired to use it few times and Ive wiped only 1 squad in 5-6games. Most of the time it was 4->1, 5->2. What's more, it's very easy to kill it after 10min mark.
21 Dec 2014, 13:16 PM

Solution is very simple.
320 HP.

Sturat can't even threat OKW while Luchs is terrorizes USF.

Greyhound - doctrinal, fragile, ability for muni.
Luchs - non-doctrinal, durable, no muni for using.

Although I don't rage about Greyhound. I tired to use it few times and Ive wiped only 1 squad in 5-6games. Most of the time it was 4->1, 5->2. What's more, it's very easy to kill it after 10min mark.

i do need a sarcasm sign
21 Dec 2014, 13:36 PM

Right now spamming 3 Shermans vs Tiger = 1 Sherman left and damaged Tiger, yes still alive (most of the time). Is it fair?

YES FFS. You have TD use them instead spamming stuff.

Not to mention that Tiger has higer realod speed than PzIV.

Panther swaps firepower for mobility.

You can have 2 p4's for every tiger. And in the case for the e8 and 85 they have enough penetration to be a significant danger to the heavies.

Stop with you cherry picked statistics ffs.

PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 54
Germany 34

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak