Login

russian armor

Relic stream today: about Battle of the Bulge

18 Dec 2014, 21:10 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Hey folks. A few things I wanted to address:

1. We announce stuff when details are finalized, and things are locked down/fully known. I definitely know that you guys want more information in advance. In this case, the time slot was up in the air for quite a while so I was unable to pre-announce any further that we did.

2. Our team in London ran into many technical issues with the stream - it was frustrating for both us and the community members that tuned in. They weren't able to broadcast from London, but we took questions from the Twitch chat and relayed them to the interviewers. They recorded the interview session.

Our 'new plan' was to play the video on Twitch once it was recorded, which was done - but they ran into further issues with the video playback file.

3. We will get the video up onto YouTube soon. The raw files are quite large and we're still waiting to receive all of them. They will be edited and have a healthy dose of jazz hands magic applied. I know a lot of people have been concerned that the YouTube version will suffer from clipping/audio weirdness like the Twitch stream did, and this should not be the case. As soon as it's up, we will share it on our social channels so you guys know.

All in all... we're working to do more cool stuff like this, and it was admittedly hampered by technical issues this time around. It was disappointing but we still got some great content out of it, and we will keep trucking along. The interview itself is really interesting, I hope you guys will enjoy it once it's up.

I have the greatest sympathy for you, Cynthia. Really, I do. This was going to be so interesting.

I do hope they can rescue the interview.

18 Dec 2014, 21:17 PM
Donator 11

Relic your sound has been broken on your stream for like half a year now if not longer... even some random kid doing some streaming often is of better quality.
18 Dec 2014, 21:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2014, 21:17 PMspajn
Relic your sound has been broken on your stream for like half a year now if not longer... even some random kid doing some streaming often is of better quality.

Lol the sound issues with this stream had nothing to do with Relic's audio equipment, it was the video they received from the guys in London which was hastily being sent. Their sound has also never been broken, it had just been set too high, too low, etc a lot of the time.
18 Dec 2014, 22:24 PM

NVM, I thought they gonna add M4A3E2 to the game
19 Dec 2014, 02:27 AM

I can confirm that Relic is not using half assed equipment. They are using studio grade headsets and a mixer. As much as I lay into Relic this is not one of those times.
2 of 5 Relic postsRelic 19 Dec 2014, 02:39 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Hey guys, I've got some bad news....

Just kidding, I've got GOOD news. Don't throw stuff at me, please!!

The video is now up, on YouTube. You can see it, you can hear it, you can envision all of the Jazz Hands that went into polishing it up. And you can bask in the glow of all of it's historical goodness. I really hope you guys enjoy it :)

19 Dec 2014, 07:12 AM
Patrion 15

Hey folks. A few things I wanted to address:

1. We announce stuff when details are finalized, and things are locked down/fully known. I definitely know that you guys want more information in advance. In this case, the time slot was up in the air for quite a while so I was unable to pre-announce any further that we did.

It's a bummer that things aren't more organized regarding these press releases, because like much of your previously released content, this isn't getting the recognition it deserves because of poor pre-release hype/exposure!

This interview is awesome, by the way. What else is going on behind the scenes at Relic? Now that AA is in the books, what is next?
19 Dec 2014, 12:09 PM

Nice, looking forward to further such things in the future.
19 Dec 2014, 13:18 PM

Tried but sorry can't watch it. Can't stand sit and listen to Quinn going on about how important historical authenticity is for Relic when the vanilla campaign shows the exact opposite.
19 Dec 2014, 19:11 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Hey guys, I've got some bad news....

Just kidding, I've got GOOD news. Don't throw stuff at me, please!!

The video is now up, on YouTube. You can see it, you can hear it, you can envision all of the Jazz Hands that went into polishing it up. And you can bask in the glow of all of it's historical goodness. I really hope you guys enjoy it :)

Thank you :)

Good interviewer - I hope you use him again - Guy Crocker? :)

Good content. I hope you use the Prof again also :)
3 of 5 Relic postsRelic 19 Dec 2014, 23:34 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Heads up - this will be available again soon, we're now in the process of editing out logos. Whomp whomp.
19 Dec 2014, 23:43 PM

this was pretty cool. hope to see more!
19 Dec 2014, 23:57 PM

why does it say it is private now?
20 Dec 2014, 00:44 AM
Benefactor 115

Heads up - this will be available again soon, we're now in the process of editing out logos. Whomp whomp.

20 Dec 2014, 01:02 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Time well spent I'm sure ;)

4 of 5 Relic postsRelic 20 Dec 2014, 01:54 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Nevvverrrrrreeeendddddingggggg Storrrrrr-rrrrrryyyyyyy :gimpy:
20 Dec 2014, 02:02 AM
Benefactor 115

funnily enough wolfgang petersen directed das boot 3 years earlier. A must watch for anyone interested in WW2.
23 Dec 2014, 21:41 PM

I'm a total history nerd and very damn disappointed in this "event." I tuned in to twitch..... then I saw you put it on YouTube. I had stuff to do but bookmarked it. Upon further attempts at viewing... see ipkai video above. Damn it relic. I understand things happen, but this was poorly done. I still want to see the thing.
5 of 5 Relic postsRelic 24 Dec 2014, 02:49 AM
Developer Relic Badge

I'm a total history nerd and very damn disappointed in this "event." I tuned in to twitch..... then I saw you put it on YouTube. I had stuff to do but bookmarked it. Upon further attempts at viewing... see ipkai video above. Damn it relic. I understand things happen, but this was poorly done. I still want to see the thing.

I share your frustration. It will be up once the logos are dealt with. There were a number of things that happened beyond our control, tech issues the main thing - those can happen regardless of how much time is spent planning, and they are infuriating when they pop up.

Trust me, I get it. Once it's up again, we'll share it out on our social channels.
8 Jan 2015, 14:33 PM
Senior Editor Badge

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight