Login

russian armor

KV-2 needs some adjustments

16 Dec 2014, 02:30 AM

I think this unit needs some kind of buff. The KV-2 is an assault tank/self-propelled gun that you can call-in in the Soviet Industry commander. Unfortunately, the commander involves conserving every bit of manpower possible due to a manpower penalty imposed by selecting the commander. At 630 mp, the KV-2 is tough to invest in; the player will probably be scraping the barrel by the time he or she gets enough CP to call-in the KV2. Besides being very expensive to call-in the KV-2 could use some kind of buff to its performance. Its gun is decent, but the tank itself is fairly fragile. It would be nice if this unit got its health slightly increased. Thanks, and please share your thoughts on this unit
16 Dec 2014, 02:35 AM
Patrion 28

soviet industry needs to be tweaked so it doesn't wreck your economy and the tank itself could use some careful buffing to make it worth its huge cost. i am not interested in it wiping squads all over though.
16 Dec 2014, 03:30 AM

that whole doctrine is a big gimmick. another ridiculous and silly commander that should have never been born.

The KV-2 sucks for what it costs, and the fact that it's only in that commander makes it worse. Wish it was available without a doctrine in some way.
16 Dec 2014, 03:47 AM

that whole doctrine is a big gimmick. another ridiculous and silly commander that should have never been born.

The KV-2 sucks for what it costs, and the fact that it's only in that commander makes it worse. Wish it was available without a doctrine in some way.

I agree that the KV-2 should be in another commander or is stock; it would make the game more fun. The doctrine is gimmicky, but is also fun, and i find that it is pretty competitive in 4v4.
16 Dec 2014, 03:48 AM

If it just made you build buildings/tanks faster instead of adjusting resources the doctrine would probably get used to good effect. Economicly unique mechanics are the hardest to balance and ultimately end up being OP or UP.

It costs the same as an IS2 but is massively outclassed by that tank and every other in its price range deffinetely needs buffs though i would prefer just lower costs and making it more useful/consistent vs vehicles. It would be nice to get some soviet tanks that aren't either 24-26 popcap or 12-14 but somewhere in between
16 Dec 2014, 04:24 AM

I think the only thing that needs to be tweaked about Industry is slightly adjust the man power income to something more reasonable. As for the KV-2 it simply cannot take on tanks, and its slow turret rotation makes it struggle against even P4s. I think it needs a regular, none locked down range increase and some AT help. Its roughly the cost of other Heavy armor and awful comparison.
16 Dec 2014, 06:42 AM

I think it needs a regular, none locked down range increase and some AT help. Its roughly the cost of other Heavy armor and awful comparison.

Yeah, because all we need is another long-range-anti-everything-unit! Turreted ISU, here we come! :snfCHVGame:
16 Dec 2014, 08:02 AM

It barely reaches medium range when not locked down. Have you used it like that? The reload speed (not locked down) is abysmal as well, and the shot often doesn't penetrate Panthers, Tigers, etc, even vet2 P4s. It is difficult to imagine it will reach ISU effectiveness.

Also for some reason KV1, KV2, and KV8 armour and health(?) are different (or so I read).
16 Dec 2014, 08:06 AM
Donator 33

It barely reaches medium range when not locked down. Have you used it like that? The reload speed (not locked down) is abysmal as well, and the shot often doesn't penetrate Panthers, Tigers, etc, even vet2 P4s. It is difficult to imagine it will reach ISU effectiveness.

Also for some reason KV1, KV2, and KV8 armour and health(?) are different (or so I read).

http://www.coh2-stats.com/vehicles

These stats claim that all KV tanks have 800hp

KV-1: 270 armor
KV-2: 300 armor
KV-8: 240 armor
16 Dec 2014, 08:11 AM

soviet windustry (ability) must be toggled off and on (no cost of that) so after reaching CP3 soviet player can choose to get normal MP or higher fuel
16 Dec 2014, 08:52 AM
Donator 33

soviet windustry (ability) must be toggled off and on (no cost of that) so after reaching CP3 soviet player can choose to get normal MP or higher fuel

That would be an great idea, i guess it should have 2min cooldown or something, so it would be a tactical choice
16 Dec 2014, 09:02 AM

It should be like OST Air Support fuel->muni. So you won't get MP income decreased, you won't get fuel income increased but you can just click to convert for example 200MP into 50 fuel.
16 Dec 2014, 13:05 PM

It should be like OST Air Support fuel->muni. So you won't get MP income decreased, you won't get fuel income increased but you can just click to convert for example 200MP into 50 fuel.

brilliant
16 Dec 2014, 14:14 PM

You should use KV-2 as a mobile artillery piece rather than a tank per say.
16 Dec 2014, 15:41 PM

KV-2 could use some buffs, as well as a change to how Soviet Industry functions. Australian has a good idea, and Barton's is also a nice one.

Don't forget the KV-2 lobs shells so it can fire from behind cover. Medium tanks cannot even reach it when an at gun is in place or a single mine.
16 Dec 2014, 16:26 PM

Did they change KV-2 recently?
If they didn't then I don't think any buff is required. It used to 2 shoot Panther.
Soviet Industry may need some adjustment though. I don't use it that often so I have no idea.
16 Dec 2014, 16:31 PM
Donator 33

If they didn't then I don't think any buff is required. It used to 2 shoot Panther.
Soviet Industry may need some adjustment though. I don't use it that often so I have no idea.

Umm KV-2 deals 240dmg how the hell it could 2 shot an panther?
16 Dec 2014, 16:36 PM

16 Dec 2014, 16:42 PM

I love it how this KV2 still misses when it's stationary for 30 secs and also targetting a stationary unit.

#Relogic <444>3
16 Dec 2014, 17:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge

KV-2 is fine if you use it as a late game unit that you setup to lock down a VP to stop infantry taking it.

As a battle tank it's not so hot.

And it's the capstone ability of an unpopular doctrine that will have a hard time building it

I doubt that we can really say anything whether it is OP or not because it is so rare
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★