Login

russian armor

new on here

14 Dec 2014, 14:53 PM

hi, i have just recently purchased coh2 the western front armies and coh2 ardenne assault.
when i installed them i cannot find any more maps or armies to use than in the original coh2. also it never asked me for either activation code but they both seemed to go in smoothly and then updated themselves through steam. does anyone know what i've done wrong?

thanks
14 Dec 2014, 15:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2014, 14:53 PMhagar
hi, i have just recently purchased coh2 the western front armies and coh2 ardenne assault.
when i installed them i cannot find any more maps or armies to use than in the original coh2. also it never asked me for either activation code but they both seemed to go in smoothly and then updated themselves through steam. does anyone know what i've done wrong?

thanks

Hey mate! :welcome:

I believe you're implying that you can't play the Soviet and their enemy, the Wehrmacht. Since you've only bought Western Front Armies and Ardennes Assault, you only have access to the Western Front factions which are the US Forces and Oberkommando West and Western Front Armies as well as Ardennes Assault map. As you did not buy the base game for Company of Heroes 2, you don't have access to the 2 Eastern Front factions which as mentioned above, the Soviets and the Wehrmacht as well as the Eastern Front maps.

Have a nice day.
28 Dec 2014, 15:30 PM

still cannot play the western armies or ardennes assault. i have the disks in my hand but steam still wants me to purchase it from them. another game ruined by steam. why do we bother?
28 Dec 2014, 18:28 PM

Did you buy the original game? Or just Western front armies and Ardennes Assault? If so you're only able to play Oberkommando West and US Forces.
28 Dec 2014, 20:17 PM
Patrion 15

Wierd, I haven't seen that before, but I also haven't purchased the hard copy of a game in forever. I would try contacting steam support on this one.
5 Jan 2015, 11:28 AM

yes i bought the original coh2 on disc and that is all that works. i have the germans and the russians but nothing else. it's like i've never installed the other 2 disks
5 Jan 2015, 11:31 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2015, 11:28 AMhagar
yes i bought the original coh2 on disc and that is all that works. i have the germans and the russians but nothing else. it's like i've never installed the other 2 disks

Did you contact Steam support?
5 Jan 2015, 12:10 PM

You might have to activate the cd key in steam?

Go to Games -> Activate a product on Steam and insert the cd key there :) I think Steam doesn't ask the key, you have to do it manually. That's how I installed the original Company of Heroes that I have on cd and it worke just fine.
7 Jan 2015, 09:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jan 2015, 12:10 PMTNrg
You might have to activate the cd key in steam?

Go to Games -> Activate a product on Steam and insert the cd key there :) I think Steam doesn't ask the key, you have to do it manually. That's how I installed the original Company of Heroes that I have on cd and it worke just fine.

no "activate a product" option anywhere in games as far as i can see. all steam sees is the original coh2 game and nothing else
7 Jan 2015, 09:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2015, 09:22 AMhagar

no "activate a product" option anywhere in games as far as i can see. all steam sees is the original coh2 game and nothing else

No i think TNrg means in Steam, not in the game itself. Also in Steam if you right click the game and hit Properties and go to the DLC tab, does the WFA and AA show up under DLCs or are they missing?
7 Jan 2015, 09:37 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jan 2015, 09:22 AMhagar

There is the option to activate a product. Two ways: 1) In the Steam interface's top side you've got several menus: STEAM/VIEW/FRIENDS/GAMES/HELP. Go to GAMES. Some options will appear, the second of which is ACTIVATE A PRODUCT ON STEAM. Click that and follow the instructions. In a certain moment, Steam will ask you to introduce the key which i guess you can find on your game box. 2) In the lower left corner you can read ADD A GAME... If you click that three options appear. The second one, ones again, says ACTIVATE A PRODUCT ON STEAM. Click and follow instructions as said above.

Hope it helps and you finally manage to enjoy your purchase.

23 Jan 2015, 13:23 PM

There is the option to activate a product. Two ways: 1) In the Steam interface's top side you've got several menus: STEAM/VIEW/FRIENDS/GAMES/HELP. Go to GAMES. Some options will appear, the second of which is ACTIVATE A PRODUCT ON STEAM. Click that and follow the instructions. In a certain moment, Steam will ask you to introduce the key which i guess you can find on your game box. 2) In the lower left corner you can read ADD A GAME... If you click that three options appear. The second one, ones again, says ACTIVATE A PRODUCT ON STEAM. Click and follow instructions as said above.

Hope it helps and you finally manage to enjoy your purchase.

cheers for that, it did the trick.
23 Jan 2015, 13:51 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jan 2015, 13:23 PMhagar

cheers for that, it did the trick.

Glad to hear that.
26 Jan 2015, 02:53 AM
Honorary Member Badge

:welcome:
26 Jan 2015, 09:04 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

4 Feb 2015, 17:58 PM

i have been playing ardenne assault and i like it but i cannot find the western front armies at all but it says its working. am i just being a bit dim but i cannot seem to find it.
4 Feb 2015, 18:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2015, 17:58 PMhagar
i have been playing ardenne assault and i like it but i cannot find the western front armies at all but it says its working. am i just being a bit dim but i cannot seem to find it.

Ardennes Assault is single-player campaign content only.

The Western Front Armies (U.S. Forces and/or Oberkommando West) is multiplayer content only. That means if you are able to play OKW or U.S. in a Comp Stomp or vs Human in a ranked or customized battle everything works fine and as intended.

If you are not able to play these two factions you might getting sure that you activated this/these product(s) the same way you activated Ardennes Assault via your SteamClient.
9 Feb 2015, 18:04 PM

Ardennes Assault is single-player campaign content only.

The Western Front Armies (U.S. Forces and/or Oberkommando West) is multiplayer content only. That means if you are able to play OKW or U.S. in a Comp Stomp or vs Human in a ranked or customized battle everything works fine and as intended.

If you are not able to play these two factions you might getting sure that you activated this/these product(s) the same way you activated Ardennes Assault via your SteamClient.

i only have a 700k connection speed and i play nothing at all online because of it. i wouldn't even attempt it.

are there any map packs available to download for free on the net as all steam seems to want is my credit card numbers?
played all the big maps and am running out of ones to play?
9 Feb 2015, 19:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Feb 2015, 18:04 PMhagar
Are there any map packs available to download for free on the net as all steam seems to want is my credit card numbers?

All maps for CoH2 are for free. You just have to open your steam-client and browse the steam workshop for CoH2. To download a map just subscribe to the map and steam will download it to the game so you are able to play it in CoH2.

Here is the link to CoH2.org´s mapping section f. e. where mappers show their new maps.

This is the steam-workshop for CoH2 where all maps are downloadable and for free.

To find the workshop with your steam-client you have to be online. Go to the "bibliothec/library" in steam then left-click on CoH2. Click on Community-Hub (under "links") and then select "workshop". Or just browse CoH2 workshop in steam. ;)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★