Login

russian armor

KV-8 Post-WFA

14 Dec 2014, 09:00 AM

As I have been playing soviets for a while I found a tank thats Called KV-8. It comes in at least three commaders. Ive never seen anyone use it som I am curious to know what it does. Its slow but quite sturdy and some flames comes out of its front. I found out that these flames are good against buildings but not against infantry. A blob of volks tears it apart in some seconds so I am very careful with it. Is it a unit that you should use only if the opponent have gone bunker-spam?

It seems that the KV-8 has had other purposes, here is a thread http://www.coh2.org/topic/20003/kv-8-40-damage-nerf/page/3
If someone uses this tank, tell me, what are the flames for?
14 Dec 2014, 09:04 AM

Lol, it's used to sort of kill infantry and buildings. It got a bit of an over nerf, your better getting a t34 or a kv1, they both out preform it in its role.

Really the only exception to this is it kills infantry, SPECIFICALLY IN BUIDLINGS, better then the other tanks near its cost.
14 Dec 2014, 09:12 AM

KV-8 is fine IMO. I use it almost every game I play against OKW as Soviets. It rapes blobs. Granted, given the OPness of Schrek blobs, it needs to be used carefully. If the blob is at range, back pedal away. If you can catch them close in, it will rape dem volks.
14 Dec 2014, 09:16 AM

The KV-8 is a great vehicle, the people that say it isn't are just longing for the old KV-8 that would squadwipe full health Grenadiers in 5 seconds :P
14 Dec 2014, 09:41 AM

If they have more than 2 units Of At as OKW they will force you off and you would have been better served going with an IS2 2 cps later unless you like kill a destroyed engine luchs or something crazy like that.

The only time its worth it is vs OKW when you can burn down the flak HQ when they have almost no at 15 minutes into the game(too much at and it won't work)

vs ostheer 2 paks will shut you down or a pak and a vehicle or even just 1 pak well placed if your lucky.

The tank scales terribly doing mediorce damage with low speed and no at, it cannot respond to threats easily around the map but lacks the armor and damage to be a real spearhead vehicle. T34s are safer b/c they can kill a luchs and can avoid freevet shrek shots from volks with range and speed. even coming earlier

Of course it is worth it if your opponent gets no at units 15 minutes into the game...like every other tank doesn't really punish them harder than any other tank though

It really needs something changed so its faster OR has more armor and damage so it can decide if its going to run around the side of the map or actually be able to tank some damage in the middle of it. Cost is not an issue really it just fufils no useful role better than the alternatives it should be a viable lategame unit in terror and anti infantry tactics somehow but its really not

14 Dec 2014, 10:14 AM

You realize it has a 45mm gun too, right? I once used a KV-1 to chase down a damaged Puma. Another time I had no trouble fending off a Luchs, it retreated as soon as it realised I wasn't just a flamethrower!
14 Dec 2014, 11:35 AM

You realize it has a 45mm gun too, right? I once used a KV-1 to chase down a damaged Puma. Another time I had no trouble fending off a Luchs, it retreated as soon as it realised I wasn't just a flamethrower!
that pea shooter 45mm isn't a strong to stand on, the kv8 main problem is that its to squishy since Germans have really good at especially okw.
14 Dec 2014, 11:44 AM

If they have more than 2 units Of At as OKW they will force you off and you would have been better served going with an IS2 2 cps later unless you like kill a destroyed engine luchs or something crazy like that.

The only time its worth it is vs OKW when you can burn down the flak HQ when they have almost no at 15 minutes into the game(too much at and it won't work)

vs ostheer 2 paks will shut you down or a pak and a vehicle or even just 1 pak well placed if your lucky.

The tank scales terribly doing mediorce damage with low speed and no at, it cannot respond to threats easily around the map but lacks the armor and damage to be a real spearhead vehicle. T34s are safer b/c they can kill a luchs and can avoid freevet shrek shots from volks with range and speed. even coming earlier

Of course it is worth it if your opponent gets no at units 15 minutes into the game...like every other tank doesn't really punish them harder than any other tank though

It really needs something changed so its faster OR has more armor and damage so it can decide if its going to run around the side of the map or actually be able to tank some damage in the middle of it. Cost is not an issue really it just fufils no useful role better than the alternatives it should be a viable lategame unit in terror and anti infantry tactics somehow but its really not

this.
14 Dec 2014, 13:30 PM

I think KV-8 is fine against Ostheer and non blobbing OKW (if you can find one). since it should get close to do some damage you can't risk it when facing 3-4 squads of Volks armed with Schreks. It's very effective against Ostheer LMG blob. Despite having a canon, treat it as an AI unit only since the canon is terrible and support it with innfatry/ATG.
14 Dec 2014, 13:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2014, 09:12 AMKhan
KV-8 is fine IMO. I use it almost every game I play against OKW as Soviets. It rapes blobs. Granted, given the OPness of Schrek blobs, it needs to be used carefully. If the blob is at range, back pedal away. If you can catch them close in, it will rape dem volks.

Two panzershreks solo KV-8, also panter can take care about KV-8 easily, so pls.
14 Dec 2014, 13:45 PM

Love the KV8. Its schrecked Volks blobs. Thats what is unbalanced.
14 Dec 2014, 13:45 PM

KV-8 lack 960 hp or better frontal armor to stay against massed okw shreks.
14 Dec 2014, 14:07 PM

KV8 used to be a breakthrough tank now is heavy support one.
14 Dec 2014, 16:43 PM
Donator 11

The kV8 has been useless since the WFA nerf. The volks blobs with shreks easily kill it and the flamethrower doesn't do enough damage to justify its cost.
14 Dec 2014, 16:54 PM

Yeah it used to kill blobs, now volk blobs reliably kill it before it can do anything.

Vs ostheer, meh, i'd rather have a t-70 :foreveralone:
15 Dec 2014, 05:46 AM

I prefer Obers or M1919 Rifles for my anti-infantry needs. The KV8 has a giant bull eyes painted on it and yells "call me primary target and force fire me down!". Meh.
15 Dec 2014, 05:59 AM
Donator 22

It's indispensable in team games when you rush to take out OKW buildings. Without question the best single unit in the game for taking OKW buildings down QUICK.
15 Dec 2014, 06:29 AM

15 Dec 2014, 06:31 AM

Either damage could be increased or the flames be able to disperse over multiple units which would only harm blobs more.
15 Dec 2014, 06:35 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

It used to be absurdly over-powered, with more acceleration and more damage, and now is in a decent spot (although it does have trouble getting out of sticky situations). I really only like using it for the lulz, eg:

For stupid trollery and style-wins, only the Sturmtiger is superior!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★