Login

russian armor

Penalty for Randomly Dropping Games

18 Dec 2014, 15:24 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2014, 08:21 AMtuvok
yah good idea, maybe also give them a penalty if they don't play the way you tell them?

yea, that's the same as leaving the game and leaving your teammate to dry. lol analogy, try again.

@Baba: sure.

i think you view people playing bad thus ruining your experience carries same douchebaggery as you quitting to ruin their experience. i guess we'll never convince each other.
18 Dec 2014, 15:52 PM

I just wanted to note that since the last patch I get error code -3 frequently on my PC. Drops are because the Relic server keeps dropping me, even though I can continue to access the internet. This did not happen before this patch, and so my drops are not because I wanted to but because of a likely bug.
18 Dec 2014, 17:12 PM

instead of leaving, people should just use surrender function. It is a lot more "sportsmanlike". This can be accomplished better if the surrender ratio was lowered to 2-1 and 3-1. 2v2s will remain 2-0
18 Dec 2014, 20:00 PM

I like the surrender option of 3-1 rather 4-0. Also, I would rather have the player leave the game and cry than have him sit in the base and ground attack all my retreating squads (happened once).
18 Dec 2014, 22:07 PM

So what are you saying? If I get a mate, its all fine because I will win all the time?

I don't care about win/loss. Me wining or losing shit game is same to me.

I didn't blame community for anything. Its you playing the blame game.

So you want to penalize people for leaving games they don't enjoy because it ruins your enjoyment, and I am self-righteous ***** ?

Maybe you should open restourant and beat up people if they want to leave before they finish their food, no matter how bad the food or service is.

Does your game stop when I leave? No? then why so much complaining about game being ruined? You get CP player.

If you leave the game I enjoy, I don't really care. I'll just keep playing.........

P.S. Leavers are not just me, its big part of community. Hence why you complain :facepalm:

You must be a some kind of selfish kid for thinking and speaking like that. If not then why not just play 1vs1 so you won't be hurting anyone when you quit whenever you want.

My 2 cent.

P.S. If everybody were acting like you, there would be no team games as the environment would be unplayable.
19 Dec 2014, 01:27 AM

You must be a some kind of selfish kid for thinking and speaking like that. If not then why not just play 1vs1 so you won't be hurting anyone when you quit whenever you want.

My 2 cent.

P.S. If everybody were acting like you, there would be no team games as the environment would be unplayable.

I am selfish? really?

Lets examine high moral ground chair you think you sit on then.

You want to punish people who leave games they don't enjoy because it ruins game for you. That makes you selfish and hypocrite by default

19 Dec 2014, 01:44 AM

I agree with freedom for quitters ! :) It doesn't get any more black and white than : why should I suffer through a crappy game, where my allies suck, or one person doesn't want to surrender because "we got this!", just so you can enjoy yourself ? How is your time/ enjoyment more important than mine ? I'd rather leave that game, and find a new one. You're welcome to do the same. After all, I play mostly Allies,and it becomes fairly obvious when you're not going to win. Yes, I will always try to surrender first, because that's the gentlemanly thing to do, but I also won't waste an additional 30 mins messing about when its a foregone conclusion. I could already be in another game. You probably already know this, and it has been said many times, but random auto comes with many pitfalls. This is one of them. Get yourself some friends on there, and play an arranged game.
19 Dec 2014, 02:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2014, 15:24 PMpigsoup

yea, that's the same as leaving the game and leaving your teammate to dry. lol analogy, try again.

@Baba: sure.

i think you view people playing bad thus ruining your experience carries same douchebaggery as you quitting to ruin their experience. i guess we'll never convince each other.

Ok enough responding in polite manner to name calling

You should examine yourself a bit.

It's you that wants to persecute people who play badly, not me.
Most people who quit games are noobs who get put into the game where they are completely outclassed and they quit.
I don't blame them, we all want to have fun. You want to punish them, not me. I just find myself other game, not ask for someone to be punished.

It's you that doesn't want to surrender when 3 other players want to surrender. It's you that thinks you represent pinnacle of morality.
It's you that didn't offer any alternatives to improve gameplay for everyone, I did. You just want to punish people who ruin YOUR fun.
I bet you play with a team and what really pisses you off is that other team quits games just when you got your tanks out and you cannot destroy their base.
I play total random games, and your assumption that people leave because they are full of themselves is completely wrong. Its you thats full of yourself, thus blaming everyone else but yourself.
Most people leave because their team is completely outclassed, game is laggy, etc. But there is always one idiot (you) who doesn't want to surrender. He wants to do last defense stand so he can tell himself that his teamates are duchebags.

Everything you say is about YOU. You just assume You and Community is the same.
Its you that's hypocrite self rigteous duchebag *****, that cries Me, me, me, me
19 Dec 2014, 05:44 AM
Patrion 14

Ok enough responding in polite manner to name calling

You should examine yourself a bit.

It's you that wants to persecute people who play badly, not me.
Most people who quit games are noobs who get put into the game where they are completely outclassed and they quit.
I don't blame them, we all want to have fun. You want to punish them, not me. I just find myself other game, not ask for someone to be punished.

It's you that doesn't want to surrender when 3 other players want to surrender. It's you that thinks you represent pinnacle of morality.
It's you that didn't offer any alternatives to improve gameplay for everyone, I did. You just want to punish people who ruin YOUR fun.
I bet you play with a team and what really pisses you off is that other team quits games just when you got your tanks out and you cannot destroy their base.
I play total random games, and your assumption that people leave because they are full of themselves is completely wrong. Its you thats full of yourself, thus blaming everyone else but yourself.
Most people leave because their team is completely outclassed, game is laggy, etc. But there is always one idiot (you) who doesn't want to surrender. He wants to do last defense stand so he can tell himself that his teamates are duchebags.

Everything you say is about YOU. You just assume You and Community is the same.
Its you that's hypocrite self rigteous duchebag *****, that cries Me, me, me, me

sorry for name calling.

but i don't think i am presumptuous, may be I was wording myself douchebaggly.

all i was saying was that once you are committed into the game, you should play till the end. i recently changed timezone and now i can't play with friends i used to play with. so i play randoms and i had my share of noobs on my team. i never quit and played till the end. and i know it is hard to do when your enemy has 4 KTs and I got 2 IS2s and my teammate, just airbornes with no armor. i strongly believe in this and even after reading your post for 30 min, trying to see the justification for quitting, i can't and i got rude. i AM sorry about that.

i do see few minor valid points though. random disconnects/other connection issues/no reconnect feature, trolls in games, 3-1 majority surrender not being there, no kicking options, etc etc. i think the aforementioned things can cause wrong people to be punished by the penalty system. i guess penalty system itself added to the game at the moment will do more harm than good. Although I don't think that is why you oppose the penalty system, you are more right than me in this case. case closed.
19 Dec 2014, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2014, 05:44 AMpigsoup

sorry for name calling.

but i don't think i am presumptuous, may be I was wording myself douchebaggly.

all i was saying was that once you are committed into the game, you should play till the end. i recently changed timezone and now i can't play with friends i used to play with. so i play randoms and i had my share of noobs on my team. i never quit and played till the end. and i know it is hard to do when your enemy has 4 KTs and I got 2 IS2s and my teammate, just airbornes with no armor. i strongly believe in this and even after reading your post for 30 min, trying to see the justification for quitting, i can't and i got rude. i AM sorry about that.

i do see few minor valid points though. random disconnects/other connection issues/no reconnect feature, trolls in games, 3-1 majority surrender not being there, no kicking options, etc etc. i think the aforementioned things can cause wrong people to be punished by the penalty system. i guess penalty system itself added to the game at the moment will do more harm than good. Although I don't think that is why you oppose the penalty system, you are more right than me in this case. case closed.

Thats fair enough.

I don't go around leaving games left right and center, for no reason as soon as the game starts.

It's mostly because lag, someone afk at the start for 2-3 minutes and longer, when 3 out of 4 people want to surrender, except one player (usually extremely unbalanced game)

As I said, I realize it's not fair to other players that want to keep playing. But I don't have much time to play, and don't want to waste that little time on game I truly dont want to be in.

I currently have 9 game losing streak, and I only quit 1 game. Because the games weren't total noob bash. Thats good enough for me, fun. One I quit: one player dropped at start, one afk for 2 min, we can't call vote because he is afk. And then he wants to keep playing. Sorry, but no.

My whole point is: Automatch is very flawed and can be made much better by Relic without resorting to punishing players for leaving. If players had more influence on games they end up in, than fine, punish away. I understand why people leave, because I make that choice often too.

I understand if you disagee

Peace :)
19 Dec 2014, 07:28 AM

punishment like 2 mins or something like low priority of 1-2 games like in dota but make sure that they play it till the end and so on or just give us report button...
19 Dec 2014, 08:36 AM

Lately my internet has been being a pain. I noticed when you drop from a game you get nothing! i think thats punishment enough. lol
19 Dec 2014, 09:40 AM

2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

New Zealand 62
unknown 17
Germany 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %