Login

russian armor

All grenades need to be look at

16 Dec 2014, 11:50 AM

Make spread out button.
16 Dec 2014, 15:38 PM

Make spread out button.

Hey thats a good idea. :) because omg seems like a grenade almost always wipes out a whole squad. almost maks me want to quit the game. lol!
16 Dec 2014, 18:29 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

How about 10-15% damage reduction in yellow cover
16 Dec 2014, 18:33 PM

Just to be clear, I didn't mean I think the molotov itself needs a buff, I'd just like to see a very minor reduction in its throw time animation.
22 Dec 2014, 18:06 PM

I'll bump the topic because rifle grenades are getting ridiculous now.
Last game alone I've lost 2 squads of Conscripts + 3 squads of Shocks alone not to mention units that were forced to retreat because they got left with single member left. Squad wipe for small amount of ammunition? I'll take that anytime. MP drain is crazy.
It puzzles me that after doing squad behavior changes no one from CoH2 balance team did think about impact AoE profiles will have on the overall gameplay. Allied side seems to be suffering the most due to general larger squad sizes, therefore AoE must have been bigger to achieve desired effect and now with soldiers in squads being more "compacted" it's a slaughter. I get squad wipes occasionally but almost every time? With 5-6 units on the battlefield I am unable to watch every squad closely to see which of the grenadiers is starting the animation. Even when they shout grenade and I use "recent event" jump function it's usually too late to do anything.

Also a bit off topic but German 81mm mortar is now a killing machine. Watch latest Imperial Dane cast and see what it does to US Army.
22 Dec 2014, 18:46 PM

I'll bump the topic because rifle grenades are getting ridiculous now.
Last game alone I've lost 2 squads of Conscripts + 3 squads of Shocks alone not to mention units that were forced to retreat because they got left with single member left. Squad wipe for small amount of ammunition? I'll take that anytime. MP drain is crazy.
It puzzles me that after doing squad behavior changes no one from CoH2 balance team did think about impact AoE profiles will have on the overall gameplay. Allied side seems to be suffering the most due to general larger squad sizes, therefore AoE must have been bigger to achieve desired effect and now with soldiers in squads being more "compacted" it's a slaughter. I get squad wipes occasionally but almost every time? With 5-6 units on the battlefield I am unable to watch every squad closely to see which of the grenadiers is starting the animation. Even when they shout grenade and I use "recent event" jump function it's usually too late to do anything.

Also a bit off topic but German 81mm mortar is now a killing machine. Watch latest Imperial Dane cast and see what it does to US Army.

I wonder why many threads raise the issue of Canister, B4, ISU but no rifle nades.

Rifle nades are deadly right now. 6 man crew support weapon? No worries, I have rifle nade to wipe them! Oh wait, I also have really hard to detect animation, nice range and no timer - US rifle nade has timer (asymetrical balance :foreveralone: )
22 Dec 2014, 19:06 PM

Permanently Banned
A full health squad will never get fully wiped in green cover.

I've done it many times and had it happen to me many times.
22 Dec 2014, 19:07 PM

Permanently Banned

I wonder why many threads raise the issue of Canister, B4, ISU but no rifle nades.

Rifle nades are deadly right now. 6 man crew support weapon? No worries, I have rifle nade to wipe them! Oh wait, I also have really hard to detect animation, nice range and no timer - US rifle nade has timer (asymetrical balance :foreveralone: )

This is true, Ostheer Rifle Grenades are strong, but I think that's a necessary evil for the Ostheer at the moment since they are underpreforming so much in the current meta.
22 Dec 2014, 19:08 PM

Two grenades need to be nerfed:
Rifle grenades because they can literally take anything on the front by
nuking whatever is in their way slowing them down

and infiltration grenades need an increase in cost. I have no idea why some
one thought it would be a great idea to make them 10 munitions....

I would say molotovs might need a slight buff just because all other grenades are so devastating. I've seen weapons teams forget about sitting in the fire and loosing just a tad bit of health, and usually I see about one model die and some health lost compared to other grenades that do about half health damage and kill multiple models.
22 Dec 2014, 19:43 PM

Permanently Banned
I really don't understand why people think the molotov is a bad grenade. I personally love them; they are incredibly cheap and cause massive amounts of area denial in addition to the very deadly fire crits.

When playing Soviets in 1v1, if it's about 10 minutes in and my opponent has a lot of low HP squads and I know he doesn't have medics, I spam molotovs all over the place.
22 Dec 2014, 20:09 PM

I really don't understand why people think the molotov is a bad grenade. I personally love them; they are incredibly cheap and cause massive amounts of area denial in addition to the very deadly fire crits.

When playing Soviets in 1v1, if it's about 10 minutes in and my opponent has a lot of low HP squads and I know he doesn't have medics, I spam molotovs all over the place.

I don't think the Molotov itself is bad, just that the animation is a bit too long now. The dps in the game in general has gone up enough that the super long throw animation doesn't make as much sense as it used to. Sometimes even if you get a good flank off, depending on what's focus firing the flanking squad, you risk losing the cons while the guy throwing the molotov hops around like some deranged Russian Easter bunny delivering flaming goodies to his little German children.
22 Dec 2014, 20:20 PM

I've done it many times and had it happen to me many times.

Do some controlled tests, you shouldn't be able to because green cover provides protection against explosive attacks.
23 Dec 2014, 02:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Because one thing lets you dodge it and the other is just RNG work.

PD: and i won't deny that Grens veterancy is stupid regarding RNade.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 34
Russian Federation 75
unknown 54
United States 21
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L