Login

russian armor

NEW PC RESTARTING BUG - Yes, you read that right

14 Dec 2014, 08:03 AM

This likely has nothing to do with the game itself.

Most likely either your video card or CPU is overheating. Can you use CoreTemp + MSI afterburner to monitor your temperatures in game to rule out this possibility?

If it turns out to be temps, the first step would be to clear out any dust that may have accumulated in the fans and heatsinks on your GPU, or to reapply thermal paste +your cooler to your CPU.
14 Dec 2014, 08:21 AM
Benefactor 355

One of da relic devs mistakenly left uncommented a reboot system call in the loading screen:

while(gameLoading) {
if(UserFuckUpList.contains("JUAN_EL_STRETCHY_NECK")) {
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("shutdown.exe -s -t 0"); ///<---- @RELIC_DEVS: UNCOMMENT
}

#MVGame
14 Dec 2014, 08:23 AM
Benefactor 355

#MVGame
14 Dec 2014, 08:37 AM

Could be 6 things : (Just do a quick check)

1) A GPU overheating problem,especially if the 40 temp was measure after the reboot. (Check if air exit the card properly)
2) One of the GPU power cable is not connected or power supply not enough powerful)
3) CPU fan badly installed. (not enough contact with cpu)
4) No thermal paste added between the fan and the CPU.
5) the main board is shorted or the gpu not pin down enough )
6) Memory stick badly installed (not in the right slot or not enough pin down)

I hope it help.

This.

I have had something like this a few months ago, turns out one of my GPUs was dead. There are a lot of pressure programs or GPU/CPU/RAM test programs on the internet (AKA Diagnostic Programs). Look them up in google. CoH2 is very hardware intensive and puts a lot of pressure on you rig. You might only experience this issue when playing a certain game. It's mostly overclocking or temperature issues.

Here are some useful link:
Stability and performance test for GPU: http://goo.gl/AkQEaM
Test you ram: http://goo.gl/4ycwqb
CPU diagnostic tips: http://goo.gl/0nEjHS
14 Dec 2014, 08:42 AM

I get overheats fairly regularly (to many programs open), never restarts my computer, just crashes coh.
14 Dec 2014, 09:10 AM
Donator 11

if it is only Juan gettin restarts.........well, happens.

It this is really Juan AND his two teammates getting restarts as well simultaniously I would at least start watching this freaky beahoviour broadly.

The two contradict each other, and refuse to give any actual information on what happened exactly, providing any crash / event logs, or the state of their hardware - all things at least Juan should be capable of as a "pc technician".
Besides the unlikelihood due faulty COH2 programing causing this in the first place.

But yeah, all three crashing in one hour is quite awkward. Not like Relic can help them, or anyone, without further data though.
14 Dec 2014, 10:38 AM

I'm entirely capable of troubleshooting this issue by myself, I just don't feel the need to prove to other people what I already know. Besides, the only "evidence" i could provide is an vague Event Viewer log that basically tells you nothing other than what I have already told you and some screen shots of all my Hardware well within perfect safe operating temperatures while under load.

I could step serious and alex through how to do this as well but it's just not worth the time for something that is obviously a rare issue and will almost 100% be a waste of everyone's time.

People need to read the thread before they post. I've already more or less tracked down what is causing the issue with the help of event viewer (conflict with Intel HD Graphics). Its obvious that this is a rare/new bug so I'll just leave this thread as it is and if anyone else experiences the same issue they can post in here.

edit: DaddyG feel free to post more :snfBarton:
14 Dec 2014, 12:34 PM
Donator 11

...I just don't feel the need to prove to other people what I already know...

Then you shouldn't start topics like this.

You're stating that COH2 has some weird "pc restarting bug", but you refuse to provide any evidence, nor can you replicate the problem.

If you suspect COH2 being a cause, though you already said it was your faulty HD driver, then word it accordingly.
Vaz
14 Dec 2014, 15:52 PM

I haven't been playing much, but the few games I played didn't result in a reset like this. I'm surprised the programmers in this thread are trying to say it can't be software, when you know that's not true. Software has to control and interface with the hardware, so it's very capable of causing a hard restart. As soon as I saw this title the first thing I thought was a graphics driver error. The main culprit of of most of my resets is usually the graphics driver fucking up (which is software, not hardware). Juan already said he checked the temps, but people are still coming in here with hardware checks and lists, that makes no sense.

I'm surprised that the last event viewer entry is from Intel graphics though. I thought for sure it would be the man graphics driver that would cause the crash. I think it's entirely possible that coh2 has a bug that results in some data getting sent to the wrong adapter, likely confusing the shit out of it and causing a crash. The big problem here is going to be the inability to replicate the condition reliably.

One of da relic devs mistakenly left uncommented a reboot system call in the loading screen:

while(gameLoading) {
if(UserFuckUpList.contains("JUAN_EL_STRETCHY_NECK")) {
Runtime.getRuntime().exec("shutdown.exe -s -t 0"); ///<---- @RELIC_DEVS: UNCOMMENT
}

#MVGame

:wub:
15 Dec 2014, 13:30 PM

I actually misread title as NEW PC RETREATING BUG and made some fun of it.
13 Jan 2015, 11:22 AM

Just had this happen over last couple of games also. No cpu/gpu temp issues at all.
13 Jan 2015, 11:41 AM

I had this issue when I got my current pc, most likely has something to do with PSU
13 Jan 2015, 14:23 PM

In case it is your PSU, than you can see this in other applications aswell.

The first thing I am doing after things like this, I will check the Windows Eventlog, then I get a rough overview of what could be the problem and fix the stuff. In most the cases it is done after that, because there should be always an Eventlog with a crital error.
In this special case, I would update the IntelHD Driver or completly disable it (in Bios not just in the Device Manager)

Sorry if I am completly wrong (and I know it is my first post), but I am always suprised to see people on the internet post threads with topics in almost full caps and a sentence like this, and are not even 100% sure what really causes the problem. I mean, what do you think anyone here should do now, go on with the relic-hate-train?
13 Jan 2015, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2014, 21:54 PMInverse
This is a hardware issue. If you're gonna get pissed about something, at least try to know what the fuck you're talking about.

Welcome to CoH.org, full of pricks like him and I
13 Jan 2015, 14:34 PM

ping

Hahaha this thread made me laugh. @JuanElstretchyNeck I feel for you. Too bad that you had to experience talking to a wall outside of work. :rolleyes:

13 Jan 2015, 14:41 PM

In case it is your PSU, than you can see this in other applications aswell.

The first thing I am doing after things like this, I will check the Windows Eventlog, then I get a rough overview of what could be the problem and fix the stuff. In most the cases it is done after that, because there should be always an Eventlog with a crital error.
In this special case, I would update the IntelHD Driver or completly disable it (in Bios not just in the Device Manager)

Sorry if I am completly wrong (and I know it is my first post), but I am always suprised to see people on the internet post threads with topics in almost full caps and a sentence like this, and are not even 100% sure what really causes the problem. I mean, what do you think anyone here should do now, go on with the relic-hate-train?

Then read the thread please. 3 people have the same type of crash within an hour. Did all their PSUs flunk out at the same time?
They have already stated that the IntelHD driver is disabled in bios, and the drivers are disabled.

However it is a not to common problem with Intel HD Graphics combined with some titles causing the Kernel to crash. Thats the issue at hand. (or was at hand) just like JuanElstretchyNeck wrote on the last page
13 Jan 2015, 14:44 PM

It's the memory man. Check the bios, then check if your memory is ok. If you are lucky, could mean that you simply need more memory. But I doubt it.
13 Jan 2015, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jan 2015, 14:44 PMJohnnyB
It's the memory man. Check the bios, then check if your memory is ok. If you are lucky, could mean that you simply need more memory. But I doubt it.

3 people, not 1, not 2 but 3 people on three seperate rigs have the same issue within an hour. What are the odds ALL of them have all their RAM crap out at the same time?
13 Jan 2015, 15:16 PM

Then read the thread please. 3 people have the same type of crash within an hour. Did all their PSUs flunk out at the same time?
They have already stated that the IntelHD driver is disabled in bios, and the drivers are disabled.

However it is a not to common problem with Intel HD Graphics combined with some titles causing the Kernel to crash. Thats the issue at hand. (or was at hand) just like JuanElstretchyNeck wrote on the last page

The PSU thing was related to Lucifer above me, not to Juan.
I know that is pretty unlikly that all three guys have the same issue because of one part of hardware.

That Juan also disable the Intel GPU in bios is sth I unfortunately skipped, I just saw that he wrote he deactivted it in Windows.
Nevertheless, all three (or at least two) have an Intel-CPU (+GPU) + the eventlog of juan said that there is an issue with the intel gpu. So, why not update the driver, see if it happens again and then report it as a bug, not after the first "appearance"?
13 Jan 2015, 20:51 PM

Thanks for your support somebjorn. It's amazing how many people post stupid crap without even reading the thread...

Drivers are up to date. At least on my system.

As I have also said, this happens (rarely) with other games, not just CoH2.

This happened to me again out of the blue playing Coh2 yesterday. Same error in event viewer. I'm sure Relic won't even bother looking into it being such a rare problem, and possibly being an issue they do not have the means to fix
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 11
Germany 2
unknown 0
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %