Login

russian armor

Which commanders for heavy Penals plays?

10 Dec 2014, 21:38 PM

10 Dec 2014, 21:50 PM

A guards commander, 222s and kubels will give you hell without conscripts for AT nades. Also their button can slow tanks down enough for you to kill them due to the fact you are lacking AT nades to engine damage.
10 Dec 2014, 21:54 PM

A guards commander, 222s and kubels will give you hell without conscripts for AT nades. Also their button can slow tanks down enough for you to kill them due to the fact you are lacking AT nades to engine damage.

Yes, a guardcommader is good. But when facing okw guards wont help you much against the flakht so then you have to go t2 or some of the commanders with the little at-gun. So I say T1, T2 and then call-in. So a commander with call-in. As usual.
10 Dec 2014, 22:27 PM

soviet industry. Lose more than 4 models = gg
10 Dec 2014, 22:41 PM

Choose industry at maybe 10cp might work but tanks from tech are shitty I think.

What do you think about armor assault doc? With t1 and t2?
10 Dec 2014, 22:52 PM

well a standard, combined arms, competitive strat I developed was not necessarily heavy penal but you could bend it:

Mech support commander

con
con
T1
penal
M3
penal
Guards
T2
Maxim or mortar
maxim or mortar or zis or Guards
whatever you need from here

This strat is heavy on munitions, but you can literally take on anything. Sprinkle in AT nades and healing whenever you get a break such as winning a good engagement.

The down side to this strat is it has a hard time dealing with late game infantry, It still lines up great vs Ostheer but against OKW you'll have to modify it again to be more maxim heavy or more penals.
11 Dec 2014, 00:00 AM
Donator 11

Only penals?

Guard Motor Coord:
120mm mortar for breaking campy players. Provides dual T34/85s for late game.

Lend Lease Doc:
DSHK for breaking/stalling blobs. M5 Assault Group, replace the guards inside with 2x flamer penals. Blob destroyer. M4C, all around solid tank.

Shockrifle Frontline Doc:
Shocks for more aggressive plays, also to break up heavy support weapon starts. IS-2 for obvious reasons.

Defensive Doc:
For those unsure how to counteract the enemy. Call in dshk/120mm mortar accordingly. Lacks late game prowess.

The B4 Doc:
Shocks, as mentioned before. KV-1 for meatshield for T4 units. B4 if you need to break late game campyness.

Terror Doc:
Shocks, as mentioned before. KV-8 against panzershreck blobs. ML-20 against campy players. Lacks any real AT.

Of course, I'm assuming that you are doing a T1-T4 build, but a T1-T2 might work. However, don't expect to kill tanks since unless they get a damaged engine from a mine.
11 Dec 2014, 00:14 AM

Only penals?

Guard Motor Coord:
120mm mortar for breaking campy players. Provides dual T34/85s for late game.

Lend Lease Doc:
DSHK for breaking/stalling blobs. M5 Assault Group, replace the guards inside with 2x flamer penals. Blob destroyer. M4C, all around solid tank.

Shockrifle Frontline Doc:
Shocks for more aggressive plays, also to break up heavy support weapon starts. IS-2 for obvious reasons.

Defensive Doc:
For those unsure how to counteract the enemy. Call in dshk/120mm mortar accordingly. Lacks late game prowess.

The B4 Doc:
Shocks, as mentioned before. KV-1 for meatshield for T4 units. B4 if you need to break late game campyness.

Terror Doc:
Shocks, as mentioned before. KV-8 against panzershreck blobs. ML-20 against campy players. Lacks any real AT.

Of course, I'm assuming that you are doing a T1-T4 build, but a T1-T2 might work. However, don't expect to kill tanks since unless they get a damaged engine from a mine.

If he uses guards there is a solid chance he can kill tanks, Just as long as they dont have smokes
11 Dec 2014, 06:54 AM

Urban defense tactics. Depending on map of course, works well for my Penals, FHQ helps you when the axis blob and to hold your ground and 45mm are great in groups of three.

Weakness is of course no armor call-in and enemy arty.

Lend-lease and armored assault are my other commanders in my loadout. T1+T2 (and what you can steal) with T4 for endgame.
12 Dec 2014, 08:36 AM

I've been using industry, Counter Attack, Lend Lease and Urban Def with heavy penal spam. Industry and Urban Def works well in 2v2 but Lend Lease and Counter Attack are better for 1v1
13 Dec 2014, 06:31 AM

i dont think button slows down tanks anymore, i think it just prevents them from shooting? (or maybe guards are just buggy now?)
13 Dec 2014, 07:35 AM

http://www.coh2.org/replay/28157/penals-at-work-part-1

A example of them working well with Urban.
13 Dec 2014, 08:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2014, 22:41 PMFrost
What do you think about armor assault doc? With t1 and t2?

Here's a fun game with heavy penals, T1 -> T2 and armored assault. It's from a few patches ago, but I think it still applies.

One thing about heavy penal battalion play: you are guaranteed to have more fun than your opponent, regardless of the outcome :D
19 Dec 2014, 15:40 PM

I like using Penals with mostly Guards doctrine. I don't see a reason to use them with Shock troops doctrine, as they dedicated AI.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★