Login

russian armor

Luvnest's state of the game report

10 Dec 2014, 22:45 PM

Great post luvnest. Agree with pretty much all the points you raised. Didn't read all of the OP, so excuse me if this was mentioned, but I feel obliged to raise the issue of EXTENDED (ie 5 seconds+) game freezes.

For quite a few patches now this has been the #1 game-breaking bug. I was hoping this would be improved by the "performance improvements" in the latest patch, but this has not been the case. In fact, the few games I have played since the patch I have experienced some of the worst game-freezing so far.

The game becomes near unplayable when you have LITERALLY 10 second+ freezes where you have absolutely no control or even visual representation of what is happening on the map for the duration of the freeze. For me this issue should be THE number 1 priority, it is an absolutely HUGE bug, and it is VERY disheartening to see it effectively be but in the "too hard" basket and more or less ignored by Relic.

To all those devs at Relic, I really so sympathize with you. I'm sure the vast majority of Relic Devs love the CoH series as much, if not more than many of the fans on .org, and it really is a shame to see the current state of the game. CoH2 is a FANTASTIC title that has a real chance of becoming a top-tier competitive RTS. The hardest part I guess is convincing the Upper management at Relic/Sega to allocate the resources required to fix the existing bugs/balance issues in the game instead of focusing on generating new content that only adds to existing issue.

Thanks for stopping by Cyn <444>3
12 Dec 2014, 17:18 PM

RNG is by far the worse thing about this game. In COH1 it always felt like the better player won. In COH2, it always feels like the luckiest player wins. I watch pro replays from tourneys and it feels the same way a lot of times.
12 Dec 2014, 17:19 PM

Wait a minute. Everyone is friendly and agrees with eachother, 6 pages and it haven't devolved into a flame war. Even Relic replies with positively to it.

Where is Coh2.org and what have you done to it?
12 Dec 2014, 17:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Wait a minute. Everyone is friendly and agrees with eachother, 6 pages and it haven't devolved into a flame war. Even Relic replies with positively to it.

Christmas spirit.
22 Dec 2014, 01:28 AM

Relic is a company, and unfortunately the problem with being a company means there are a lot of people doing a lot of different things, and shit just gets lost in the messy bureaucracy.

"Shit" like this shouldn't get lost, this is the most important stuff for the future of this game, especially for the competitive aspect of it :)
31 Dec 2014, 12:23 PM
Patrion 15

Relic please dont Forget this thread :)
31 Dec 2014, 13:49 PM

It's the damn white pixel bug I tell you!
31 Dec 2014, 15:27 PM

I think Panther reverse speed is to fast. Curently it can drive faster backward then a T-34 or Jackson forward which make flanking a good Panther player almost impossible. It can even "Blitzkrieg" backwards and use smoke. It isn't even realistic as Panther had 7 gears forward but only 1 backward. It was able to go only 4 km/h in reverse.

+1

Also, great discussion. The insight on front/rear armor is very revealing.
20 Jan 2015, 14:45 PM

I almost forgot how good this game report is.
The only thing I dont think is a issue anymore is "The old story" - I dont see ISU, ELE, and Jagd that often. IMO they are fine and should not be changed.
20 Jan 2015, 16:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Dec 2014, 02:06 AMqduffy
Yep, Cynthia passed it on. Some great notes in there, thanks!

We're always looking at these kind of things and trying to fix as may as we can do whenever we do an update.

How about making the soviet sniper team 1 model only? That thing is very durable even at vet 0 and the vet 1 sprint ability even adds up to that. Unless you get a lucky stray mortar hit, you can't really kill it. I've seen it survive tiger shells exploding right next to it. Meanwhile, the ostheer sniper isn't basically used at all because of how weak it is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★