Login

russian armor

Few questions about modding

6 Dec 2014, 20:56 PM

Hi, I have few question to experienced modders.

1. How to edit which units are built in buildings or add new units to them?
2. What is the rate of fire formula for weapons?
3. On CoH2-stats webpage I see that MG34 has higher DPS on range, but in game stats accuracy is worse on range so it should be actually no different from other weapons (it should have higher dps on near range). Is coh2-stats page outdated or I am missing something?
4. When I edit vehicle's armor or health value a weird thing happens, as their machineguns stop working after that. Tanks' coaxial and hull MGs don't work, Sdkfz 221 and 251 gunners sit down and do nothing. What's the cause of that?
6 Dec 2014, 21:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

1:
Check out the spawner_ext of the base buildings

I believe it is
AIM TIME - SHOOT - COOL DOWN - RELOAD
Then weapons that are able to burst change it all up, not exactly sure how but if you just look at the differences between all wepaons it should get clear

3:
There are a lot of mg34s, are you usre you're looking at the right one on the stats and in the files? lmg34, hmg34, kubel, hull mg34, coaxial mg34

4:
This shouild not happen if you are only changing hp and armor values, you most likely changed somethign else
6 Dec 2014, 21:10 PM

3. I mean LMG34 of Obersoldaten, sorry - I should have specified.
4. But that's exactly it - I made 221 and 251 slightly tougher by changing armor values, nothing else was touched.
8 Dec 2014, 14:09 PM

How to change unit's model? I'd like Grenadiers to have Volks' model and Jaegers and Stormtroopers to use Grenadier's models instead.
And one more thing, spawner_ext works for Ostheer buildings (I succesfully added MG34 for them) but doesn't always work for OKW. I managed to add Ostheer mortar crew for Battlegroup HQ but when I try the same with MG42 it simply doesn't show up.
9 Dec 2014, 01:53 AM

How to change unit's model? I'd like Grenadiers to have Volks' model and Jaegers and Stormtroopers to use Grenadier's models instead.
And one more thing, spawner_ext works for Ostheer buildings (I succesfully added MG34 for them) but doesn't always work for OKW. I managed to add Ostheer mortar crew for Battlegroup HQ but when I try the same with MG42 it simply doesn't show up.
To change models, in the ebps category delete the entity_blueprint_ext, copy the same from the entity with the model you want, and paste it to replace the one you deleted.

However, the animators for the models don't all support all the weapons, so the replacement may leave your unit holding "air guns". (I have not been able to get the VG model to hold any type of MP-44, which should be a possible upgrade for them.)

For the MG42, in the sbps squad_requirement_ext there is a required_race and required_structure, both of which will keep West German buildings from building it. Right-click on requirement_table and remove all it's contents. (I have done this, for the same reason as you.)

As an aside, you can define a required upgrade that lets you build one before the upgrade, and the other afterward. I use this to toggle between building Grenadiers and Volksgrenadiers.
9 Dec 2014, 15:38 PM

Thanks, that works. I thought about that model switch way but I was afraid that's just animation, not whole model (not sure why they named it "animator" in first place). Grenadiers with Volks' models work well but they are incompatible with G43 :( anyway I'd rather have them in feldgrau with only MG42, while keeping splitter smocks for special units.
About units building I deleted these sections and they work flawlessly now, thanks :) the mortar team worked as it doesn't have these sections by default.
18 Dec 2014, 06:11 AM

I have a little problem with Sniper unit for OKW. I added Sniper and MG42 squad for OKW, and while MG42 works okay, Sniper doesn't have any voice. I mean, there is a sound of his weapon, but he doesn't say anything when selected or given an order (for example when ordered to shoot someone he says "safety's off"). What's the matter?
MG34 for OH or MG42 for OKW also don't have the message when they are called in, but that's a minor issue.

edit: one more thing, is it possible to change Command Panther or Tiger Ace to use normal Panther's or Tiger's skin?
18 Dec 2014, 18:53 PM

I have a little problem with Sniper unit for OKW. I added Sniper and MG42 squad for OKW, and while MG42 works okay, Sniper doesn't have any voice. I mean, there is a sound of his weapon, but he doesn't say anything when selected or given an order (for example when ordered to shoot someone he says "safety's off"). What's the matter?
MG34 for OH or MG42 for OKW also don't have the message when they are called in, but that's a minor issue.

edit: one more thing, is it possible to change Command Panther or Tiger Ace to use normal Panther's or Tiger's skin?

in 1st COH the sound is faction locked
so that maybe the cause

however you can change the unit response in squad_ui_ext with other OKW units like strumpioneer
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 2
Korea, Republic Of 0
Germany 41

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %