Login

russian armor

Abandon and Veterancy bug

6 Dec 2014, 16:58 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Ever wondered why the pack howitzer would sometimes turn into a vehicle driving around or when your flak HT refused to fire after some time?
Well since I've been using the Flak HT a lot now I noticed it refusing to shoot after it hit vet 2 and got abandoned earlier on in the game. Since i made that vet guide earlier on I noticed it affected all units that get new weapons.
It has to do with some units getting different weapons instead of getting modifiers the way units normally get vet bonuses. Think of stuff like faster setup or better AA capabilities like the ostwind. If your unit changes weapons and then gets abandoned it will be unable to fire when it hits the same vet level after being recrewed.

I tested these units
-Flak HT
-Pack Howitzer
-Ostwind

But I think the luchs and usf atgun also get new weapons with veterancy.

Fix
I tried some stuff myself with adding some requirement actions and some actions that run when theh unit dies but its mostly a hack job adn didnt work :(
6 Dec 2014, 18:19 PM

I have never noticed that! Nice find, I suggest we add this to DA TRELLOLOLO LIST.
6 Dec 2014, 18:23 PM

Yikes good find! Now can you find out what Breaks PFus and Riflmen AT nades? :megusta:
6 Dec 2014, 19:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

WOW good research! I hope the devs see this and are able to use it to implement a fix! :)
7 Dec 2014, 02:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Yikes good find! Now can you find out what Breaks PFus and Riflmen AT nades? :megusta:

hmm Ive only seen pfuslier atnades vanishing, does it also happen to riflemen?

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2014, 19:17 PMRomeo
WOW good research! I hope the devs see this and are able to use it to implement a fix! :)

Keep dreaming :snfPeter:

7 Dec 2014, 02:33 AM

There is still a grenade bug in the game. Riflemen dont like using AT nades or smokes. Fusilier AT nade also fails like the riflemen AT nade.
But i dont think it only applies to riflemen. I told a shock squad to throw a grenade at a house, and Dimitri held the grenade close to his ear as if he was listening to the ocean from a sea shell. Anyways, i cancelled the move and told it to throw the grenade again and Dimitri did the same thing. Only until i told the squad to move 5 feet to the left did Dimitri throw the grenade.
7 Dec 2014, 02:39 AM

Also, you have confirmed that there is a bug with the pack howitzer that makes it a vehicle if a past vet 2 pack is recrewed. Amazingly, reinforcing it and destroying the weapon as well as critting the weapon gets you a squad of useless entities that think they have a disabled weapon of a weapon they are no longer crewing. I wonder how that works...
7 Dec 2014, 03:00 AM
Patrion 28

i'm quite sure the grenade issues are separate so let's try and keep it out of this thread (unless anyone finds evidence they're related) and bump this until we get a developer response.
7 Dec 2014, 16:14 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Also, you have confirmed that there is a bug with the pack howitzer that makes it a vehicle if a past vet 2 pack is recrewed. Amazingly, reinforcing it and destroying the weapon as well as critting the weapon gets you a squad of useless entities that think they have a disabled weapon of a weapon they are no longer crewing. I wonder how that works...

Normally when the weapon of a support team is destroyed they get the order to retreat to the out of bounds area, but since the weapons is seen as a vehicle they don't get that order I think.

Its for example easy to mod so that the squad stays on teh field when the support weapon is destroyed
7 Dec 2014, 16:46 PM

Through observation, I'll just add that its directly connected to stuart ability bug where it can perma stun.

The same thing happens here.
10 Dec 2014, 21:33 PM
Patrion 28

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 16
Peru 7
unknown 5
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias