Login

russian armor

Shock Rifle Frontline Tactics T1 Build

5 Dec 2014, 19:46 PM

I wanted to see opinions on a T1 Opening and build order for Shock Rifle Frontline Tactics in 1v1.

I've been trying out a build against OKW (and sometimes against Wher) 1v1 as follows:
T1->Con->Con->M3->flamer upgrade on engi->sniper->shocks->T2 w/Zis or Mortar->T3-> T-70 or T-34->IS2

I can change the order for T1 units around as needed, or build an additional conscript squad, forgo the sniper, etc...

The idea is to have T2 for versatile support weapons mid-game to support my conscripts and T1 opening, and get an early T3 tank on the field, then hold-out for IS-2.

Thoughts on viability? Maybe skip T2 altogether?
5 Dec 2014, 20:13 PM

You sure you can build all that t1 t2 t3 and still have fuel to get is2 out in time?
5 Dec 2014, 20:31 PM

Probably not. Eliminating T2 from the Build Order is probably the best move. I just find mid-game to be a bit tough if I fall behind on fuel, and can't get my T3 tanks out early enough. A fast PII Luchs will be difficult to hold off without some luck AT grenades or mines while I wait for my T3.
That's the dilemma IMO
5 Dec 2014, 22:36 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Not 1v1, but my default play with Shock Rifle right now is T1-T2 -> Call Ins

If you skip T2 your AT is going to be indifferent to non-existent before you get T3 up and not great even after

I would not suggest building T3 with Shock Rifle anyway, as that doesn't complement what you get from the doctrine

If you feel you have to build a later doctrine I would take T4 rather than T3, as that gives you complementary options (SU85 - Katy)
5 Dec 2014, 23:46 PM

I prefer to Assault Armor and T1 with T2 tech (penals strat with support weapons). And I think, that's build is too unreal to work in 1v1 versus good player
6 Dec 2014, 17:47 PM

Fancy skipping t3 and doing an old t1-t2 start, and wait for the call in tank? :( Not very original, but if your starting with a t1/sniper, your unlikely to dominate the field to the extent that you'll be ahead enough that t3 can pay off (imo).

Also, i'd get t2 and an AT gun before the shocks, due to the threat of light vehicles in your build. Consider an extra engineer as well, to build the t2 so that your flamer in a m3 can do its thing. Also leaves the 2nd engineer to plant mines.

18 Dec 2014, 05:27 AM

Inspired by Aimstrong's opening:
-> T0, 4 cons
-> T2, Maxim (or 2, depends on map), ZiS and occasional shocks if needed
-> T3, SU85 + Katy

After that I have enough AT (zis, su85, at nades + mines) to hold out till IS2 + Katy to fend off pesky blobs.
Additionally, depending on situation I'm getting one extra Katy or SU85
Lately, the above build was quite efficient against same-level players.
18 Dec 2014, 06:55 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

Inspired by Aimstrong's opening:
-> T0, 4 cons
-> T2, Maxim (or 2, depends on map), ZiS and occasional shocks if needed
-> T3, SU85 + Katy

After that I have enough AT (zis, su85, at nades + mines) to hold out till IS2 + Katy to fend off pesky blobs.
Additionally, depending on situation I'm getting one extra Katy or SU85
Lately, the above build was quite efficient against same-level players.

That's T4, but w/e. I was going to write the same thing. SRFT goes very well with T2 and T4.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★