Option Distribution Votes
21%
16%
45%
17%
Total votes: 128
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
5 Dec 2014, 15:00 PM

What front do you think Relic will develop after Ardennes Assault? Will the turn back to the Eastern Front? Will they keep developing the Western Front? Or will they do new fronts?
5 Dec 2014, 15:04 PM

I chose Eastern Front because:
1) ToW stopped next to the Battle of Kursk and i want to fight in that battle!
2) CoH2 is set on the eastern front, why don't expand it?
3) for ToW there is mid and late 1943, 1944 and 1945 to get to Berlin!

I hope they won't stop developing for the eastern front! It is very huge and there are many things to do!
5 Dec 2014, 15:08 PM
Donator 11

Yes the future of coh2 is more single player stuff. But i hope they focus on pacific, we need more factions. those 4 are getting boring.
5 Dec 2014, 15:11 PM

Yes the future of coh2 is more single player stuff. But i hope they focus on pacific, we need more factions. those 4 are getting boring.

I don't think that they are boring but i think that only 4 factions are a bit few! every faction is different from the other one but there are factions like the Commonwealth that mustn't miss!
I still hope for the italians.
Anyway, after Ardennes Assault i hope they'll finish ToW for Eastern Front, or at least the 1943 and then adding the new armies.
And why not a ToW pack on the Western Front?
5 Dec 2014, 15:17 PM
Honorary Member Badge

oh god more than 4 factions scares me the game will then be impossible to balance. :(

i think i'd prefer an rehaul or update to the old factions before move on to new factions if ever might be best if they don't make new factions.
5 Dec 2014, 15:25 PM
Patrion 15

Trollch1ld strikes again!
5 Dec 2014, 15:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2014, 15:17 PMWiFiDi
oh god more than 4 factions scares me the game will then be impossible to balance. :(

This.

And there is still many units, playstyles and commanders that should get more viable.
5 Dec 2014, 15:38 PM

The last thing CoH 2 needs is more factions.
CoH 2 is about the Eastern front, I always found WFA to be out of place and immersion breaking to be honest.

They could add some Theatre of War stuff, your suggestion of the Battle of Kursk is great and should be a no-brainer for Relic.

Regarding multiplayer I'd prefer commanders instead of new factions as a way to introduce more content and variety. For instance a Finnish Commander and a Soviet Baltic Marines Commander or a Polish resistance commander, all that would be interesting.

The Caucasus and Baltic theatres haven't been touched much by Relic, there's a lot they could add from there.
5 Dec 2014, 15:48 PM

I voted for the Western Front. The Eastern Front to me is incredibly boring and was practically a cakewalk for the Germans so there's no reason to continue work on that front. Anything Relic missed from the German arsenal can easily be implemented in another Western Front faction like the Afrika corps or Panzer Lehr.

I'm fairly confident that Relic is beginning work on the British faction, but it won't be released for at least 5 months so that will be the next Allied faction.

@Frencho Relic said that they consider CoH2 to be a WW2 platform, not exclusively a game that's based in the Eastern Front.
5 Dec 2014, 15:52 PM

...I'm fairly confident that Relic is beginning work on the British faction, but it won't be released for at least 5 months so that will be the next Allied faction...
Let's have a bet on it. I bet the British Army will only come out when CoH3 is released. With 4 factions already in the game, releasing another 1/2 creates a game that is hard to balance.

Though I would have preferred to see the British instead of the USF in WFA actually. :D
5 Dec 2014, 16:00 PM

CoH 2 is about the Eastern front, I always found WFA to be out of place and immersion breaking to be honest.

They could add some Theatre of War stuff, your suggestion of the Battle of Kursk is great and should be a no-brainer for Relic.

Regarding multiplayer I'd prefer commanders instead of new factions as a way to introduce more content and variety. For instance a Finnish Commander and a Soviet Baltic Marines Commander or a Polish resistance commander, all that would be interesting.

The Caucasus and Baltic theatres haven't been touched much by Relic, there's a lot they could add from there.

me too, when they announced WFA i said: why? was CoH2 on the eastern front, but eventually i said very good, i really enjoy playing as USF, even if i usually play as the red army.

Thank you for agreeing with my idea for Kursk! I'm so excited for idea of fighting that battle!

For the multiplayer i think that you're right, especially USF and OKW that have few commanders Relic should make new ones for them but i don't see why don't add new factions, i wrote before that i don't think that they should be added soon, i'd say May-June or at least July (like WFA in June), firstly i think that Relic should finish what they left uncomplete: the eastern front. And why don't follow the Western Front, a ToW pack for it? And then that faction pack, i'd prefer Commonwealth and Italy, as WFA is set in France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany, this pack should be set in Italy and Balkans (i hope Southern France too, I'd call it Mediterranean and Balkans Front Armies, it sounds bad but it's the only idea which i have for calling this).
I think that Relic should do new commanders for Ostheer and Red Army too, the Ostheer should have a Finnish Commanders and why not Romanians and Hungarians. An Italian commander for Ostheer? I'd say no because they weren't as incisive as finnish, romanians and hungarians even if italians had great losses of men and material in Russia.
For the Red Army i think that one of the most suitable should be a commander with the soviet navy support.

Caucasus and Baltic? For the caucasus i don't think they'll do something, Case Blue has been done and there is nothing for the Caucasus, the only thing i think they can do is a map (Majkop, Baku or Novorossijsk).
For the Baltic i hope they'll do something in the future, a possible "Stalin's Ten Blows" pack which includes the offensives in Belarus, Baltic, Ukraine, Romania and Poland.
5 Dec 2014, 16:13 PM
Patrion 14

yeah, four factions is enough for me too.

i voted for eastern front. i want to see foreign ss divisions, mountain divisions, russian paratroopers, marines, eastern soldiers, and a lot of other weaponaries that USSR and third reich allies had.

battle of kursk TOW with massive tanks battles would be fun (if AI gets smarter). or maybe make a mp scenario mission. and give each side a shit ton of tanks and we have like alternate resource system to get more tanks (i don't know what) etc etc.

or maybe it is like a series of missions where the first one is sov defending while ost on the offensive and sov have all these trenches, at guns, stationary tanks and ost can have mobile halftrack mine detector, a shit ton of varied tanks, PGs in their open top halftrack. and the last mission of the series can be the opposite etc etc

although i don't want anymore new mp factions, i wish the new units, if they are put in, would be available on mp via commanders with good designs that you can buy separately or attainable after beating the TOW
5 Dec 2014, 17:08 PM

I really like the eastern front because it is very often play warring armies such as the Soviets on the eastern front ostheer and I hope that they will be in the next patch will be new units for these new types of fraction boni and vehicles the new tactics and Commander please relic would do new types of weapons for the eastern front
5 Dec 2014, 19:14 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

+1 Considered post :)
5 Dec 2014, 19:22 PM

As an old vCoh and CoHo player, the western front is kinda getting boring. I would prefer more focus on eastern side and maybe for balkan.

New factions ? Nope. New maps, units and commanders ? Yes please.
5 Dec 2014, 19:28 PM

New maps, units and commanders on the eastern front

I would very much like to play maps in General and the Soviets on the eastern front ostheer may in the next patch in December??
5 Dec 2014, 19:31 PM

we already had vCoH and 2 DLC which was entirely devoted to the Western Front.
CoH2 should be devoted to the Eastern Front.
5 Dec 2014, 19:37 PM

Yes I agree with that but it should now be devoted to the year of the war, 1944, I hope that at the next update to punish new units on the eastern front
5 Dec 2014, 19:47 PM

we already had vCoH and 2 DLC which was entirely devoted to the Western Front.
CoH2 should be devoted to the Eastern Front.

Yeah, they started with the eastern front, they should continue with it, i'm not against expanding to other fronts but CoH2 is set on the eastern front, most of that game should be on the eastern front, you have done WFA and Ardennes Assault, now turn back to the Motherland!
5 Dec 2014, 20:04 PM

they cant really add more factions, as the game will become a even bigger balance mess than it already is.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
unknown 11
Russian Federation 42

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak