Login

russian armor

Red Army Cheese

4 Dec 2014, 17:13 PM

I keep hearing how cheesy the Red Army is but I'm not seeing it. A 2 engineer start into 3 maxims, a zis, and mixed maxim-zis spam gets roflstomped. Penals and cons kind of suck too as does the t34/76. Shocks are good but seem overrated. Maybe I'm using them wrong

Which doctrines and which units are standard for Red Army Cheese?
5 Dec 2014, 02:16 AM

Anything that Soviets do is considered cheese.

T2- support weapon cheese
t1 - anything that comes out of this building is considered cheese
con spam - considered cheese
spam t34s - cheese
5 Dec 2014, 07:12 AM

So even picking soviets makes you a cheesy player?
5 Dec 2014, 08:50 AM

Pretty much so, I've been called no-skill cheesing noob when stomping my opponent with fast T70s and SU76 Penal combo too.
5 Dec 2014, 11:50 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2014, 08:50 AMZtormi
Pretty much so, I've been called no-skill cheesing noob when stomping my opponent with fast T70s and SU76 Penal combo too.
You cheesy bunny. :D

Anyway, even conscripts spam is considered cheese now eh?
5 Dec 2014, 13:02 PM

I think the cheese-myth died a few patches ago.
6 Dec 2014, 17:41 PM

I think it is more in relation to some team game strats these days, such as double soviet, one t1, the other t2. Of course, the reason Soviets may run those strats in team games, is because they generally go on longer and Conscripts are perceived to not scale as well into the late game.

In 1's, you'll get the odd maxim build/sniper that peeves people off, they aren't very enjoyable to play against, even if they are beatable.

Also, as the game runs on, in general for Soviets, they rely on their call ins, more then any other faction, which can be annoying for all concerned. Throw in plentiful mines/demo charges due to a lack of alternatives to spend munitions on, and you got yourself a faction that in short, some people call cheesy, which is a short way of saying, poorly designed imo.

8 Dec 2014, 09:43 AM

Agree with Bryan. In all it is about the poor design of the Soviet Faction. But I fear there would be hard to fix the faction.
As it stands now the wierd teching means you either cheese it in one way or the other or play a worse game that you can.

But then if it is fixed by an overhaul that means soviets won't have to rely on late game call-ins and cheese.
Well we'd see alot more of the likes of vetlolcake whining their eyes out because of percived soviet buff. And then there is a risk of Relic nerfing that overhaul faction into a useless state and we are back to cheesing.
9 Dec 2014, 12:18 PM

I have build 2 x Katyusha in 4v4 vs OKW, OKW, OKW, Wer, got called low skill katyusha abuser by top 100 OKW player.

Sure... I should have charged with my Conscripts against their Obers...
9 Dec 2014, 13:46 PM

The enemy, while accumulating a hefty Volks-shreks blob, predicted I would be going for maxim spam into Katyushas. I wasn't planning on it but what else could I do?
9 Dec 2014, 14:35 PM

So most people who call Soviet players cheese probably have never played the faction?

They must think soviet units can stand 1 v 1 all the time.
9 Dec 2014, 15:13 PM

Soviet Industry with Kat spam is the only cheesy way of taking out OKW Shrek Ober blob!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★