Login

russian armor

Fighting Elite Troops

27 Jan 2015, 13:46 PM

I use Elite Troops to vet up my PIVs. They basically get skirts after first engagement, Soviet tier3 is not much of a threat after that.
27 Jan 2015, 14:25 PM

his tech will be delayed if he uses the troop training.

This is only partially true because of the fact that with superior troops he will most likely have superior map control as well. Maxim spam is probably the worst idea against elite troops since they get increased rifle nade range at vet 2.
27 Jan 2015, 21:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2014, 11:53 AMJonky
Hey guys, does anyone have any tips for fighting against this doctrine? I find it exceptionally hard to win if they immediately level one squad to vet 3, put and LMG on it, and push me off. I can't take the casualties that vet 0/1 cons suffer against vet 3 grenadiers.
It's like being in the late game after having done terribly early, but it is the early game!
Is this commander complete BS, or am I playing against it wrong?
Maxims and use numbers, enough guys shooting from cover at one Vet 3 squad should do the trick.
30 Jan 2015, 10:03 AM
Donator 11

Soviets are pretty easy to defeat when using elite troops. Maximspam is very easy to counter IMO. Mortars might work, as long as you can keep up the frontline. Grens to vet 3 in the early will only do newer players. I alwys go T2 for paks before vetting due to the afrementioned light vehicle rush. If you then get quickly to t3 and a fuel cache or two, depending on the amount of the map you have captured helps to quickly build a Panzer IV and vet it. Its usually gg after that. If the enemy tries to bunker down I harras him and build caches to get quick 15cp. at that point its gg, long range combat with the tiger and pioneers with sweepers (preferably 2) work wonders against camping soviets and makes them run pretty fast (always a moment I enjoy when the enemies defenses crumble under the tracks of mighty whermacht tanks). So best bet would be a mortar and if possible some shocks. Beware of vet 3 Mg42's though, they can be a pain in the ass unless you do have a mortar.
3 Feb 2015, 08:23 AM

Also bare in mind that units with bought vet give away vet to your inf at a higher rate. So units like grens that grind are a bad choice to vet up (they tend to gain it regardless anyway). So really try to gang up on the vetted squad and squeeze some free vet out of it on your way to a quick T3.

I like to vet mortars as they are lethal at vet 3. Snipers and MGs are also good with vet, but I dont like spending fuel on fragile inf near the front line.

5 Feb 2015, 11:26 AM

This is really insane. Whole army at vet 3.

5 Feb 2015, 17:15 PM
Benefactor 341

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2014, 11:53 AMJonky
Hey guys, does anyone have any tips for fighting against this doctrine? I find it exceptionally hard to win if they immediately level one squad to vet 3, put and LMG on it, and push me off. I can't take the casualties that vet 0/1 cons suffer against vet 3 grenadiers.
It's like being in the late game after having done terribly early, but it is the early game!
Is this commander complete BS, or am I playing against it wrong?

I haven't read anybody elses' feedback, yet; however, I can say teaming 3 - 4 Conscripts together (1 - 2 for each Grenadier, if there are multiple) and making sure to close the gap between the Grenadier squad, will gurantee a victory in early engagements. You need to keep in mind that Elite Troops' "Troop Training" ability comes at a hefty price, and subsequently causes the user to be delayed in teching significantly, if they decide to use it frequently (it's 80 MP and 25 Fuel, at the moment). Planting a crapload of demo charges and mines would also greatly assist your efforts, since mines and (more-so) demos can often squad wipe whole squads. I've personally beaten plenty of Elite Troops Doctrine users, by simply spamming Conscripts, Demos/Mines, and then going a commander with either a decent medium/heavy tank call-in (T-34/85s, M4C Shermans, IS-2s, and etc...) and bait the Tiger Ace (provided that the game hasn't been decided by then) into a mine or demo, followed up by a full-scale tank ambush and flank that will wipe all any hope of his victory out of the window. I hope this helps!
5 Feb 2015, 17:30 PM
Benefactor 341

elite troops have no promblem except the fucking tiger ace. free tiger for 800mp thats just fucked up

Subsequently, deploying and maintaing the Tiger Ace on the field gives the user a huge income penalty for both manpower and fuel over time. The idea of it is to utilize it in engagements that will ultimately dictate the outcome of the battle (regardless of how it is actually used). It comes out pretty late in the game (15 CP, at the moment) and at 800 MP, it generally drains the user of all stockpiled manpower (unless you've stockpiled 1,000+ manpower, which at any rate would be unconventional, in and out itself). I never go Elite Troops Doctrine anymore, unless I am going against US Forces 'Rifle Company" commander (fight cheese strats, with cheese strats), but I would almost always recommend deliberately suicide running the Tiger Ace and destroying as much as the enemy's defensive line as possible, within a relatively short amount of time, as well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★