Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace

11 Dec 2014, 14:59 PM

tiger ace is ACE,but remind me lack of manpower ,not good with long term enemy defense.if your unit lost it lost cant replace it.
12 Dec 2014, 00:23 AM

Honestly, if the TA was changed so the resource drain was removed but it cost as much as a regular Tiger it would be fine. The upside would be that you get a vet3 Tiger tank on steroids for the price of a regular Tiger. The downside would be that you only get one. Might even be able to drop it's arrival time down by a CP or two at that point.
12 Dec 2014, 02:00 AM

You could also consider jacking up the population cost.
12 Dec 2014, 05:54 AM
Patrion 15

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2014, 20:54 PMBurts
Personally i think the tiger ace is downright broken.

If you are behind, it gives you a free chance to comeback

In an equal 1v1, it gives you a huge advantage

If you are winning, it is a nail in the coffin.

That about sums it up.

Its a broken unit in 1v1. It allows ostheer player to freely invest fuel into T3 and still call in a vet 3 tiger. No other commander in the game gives you the advantage of spending your fuel in the mid game and still giving you the beast call in at the cost of only manpower. The manpower drain can be easily mitigated by forcing a large engagement just before calling it in, and using the Ace as the nail in the coffin after both you and your opponent are recouping your losses. If you lose the ace you get your manpower back. Stupid, stupid mechanic that does not belong in this game.
12 Dec 2014, 14:13 PM

That about sums it up.

Its a broken unit in 1v1. It allows ostheer player to freely invest fuel into T3 and still call in a vet 3 tiger. No other commander in the game gives you the advantage of spending your fuel in the mid game and still giving you the beast call in at the cost of only manpower. The manpower drain can be easily mitigated by forcing a large engagement just before calling it in, and using the Ace as the nail in the coffin after both you and your opponent are recouping your losses. If you lose the ace you get your manpower back. Stupid, stupid mechanic that does not belong in this game.

100% This. Terrible mechanic. It should be a choice. Do I want to vet up my units or do I want to call in the Tiger Ace?
12 Dec 2014, 14:17 PM

give it a fuel cost.
12 Dec 2014, 14:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2014, 14:17 PMakula
give it a fuel cost.

As long as the reduced income goes and cp is lowered then yeah.
12 Dec 2014, 14:34 PM
Donator 11

It definitely needs a fuel cost tbh.
If I remember right, it comes out at 12 cp right?
Maybe docking it to 10/11 would make it more viable
12 Dec 2014, 14:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2014, 14:34 PMMittens
It definitely needs a fuel cost tbh.
If I remember right, it comes out at 12 cp right?
Maybe docking it to 10/11 would make it more viable

12 cp rofl..
It comes out at 15!
12 Dec 2014, 22:41 PM

i have not really dug into this game yet. you could pretty much disregard my opinion.
however, from my little experience and the youtube videos, and streams ive watched. It does seem like the tiger ace is almost unstoppable in the smaller games.
13 Dec 2014, 14:30 PM

It is so OP, that nobody uses it or too few people XD
13 Dec 2014, 18:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It is so OP, that nobody uses it or too few people XD

It has so broken mechanics, that it's banned from a tournament XD
14 Dec 2014, 09:57 AM

It has so broken mechanics, that it's banned from a tournament XD

Keep copying my comments' structure, rager :P
14 Dec 2014, 17:04 PM

this unit needs a nerf, period!
15 Dec 2014, 21:49 PM

The unit need it's old glory from CoH1 with the S-Mine launcher and the Commander able to close/open the hatch! And another skin...
19 Dec 2014, 01:26 AM

tiger ace is fine, it rewards patience of ostheer and his unit preservation to do something when he comes on, I mean it gives you a big advantage at a certain point even like regular tiger, although give him fuel cost and reduce the drain by 50% and i would agree to that sort of "nerf" cause no fuel cost for a tank is kinda silly.

Think of tiger ace as overclocked PC it gives you a boost but it shortens your pc life span. In game terms it gives you a advantage but in a prolong battle with attrition and losses you will ultimately lose.

Its like double edge sword it can pay of greatly or destroy you.

And if you know beforehand that the enemy has its TA doctrine, there are mines,grenades to cripple the Tiger and alot of other abilities russians and usf have.
19 Dec 2014, 07:09 AM

And another skin...

Yep, the Pinneaple Ace doesn't look to "scarry" though it's supposed to.
9 Jan 2015, 15:26 PM

I think everyone are fed up to this BS unit, which comes with longer range, incredible accutary, blitkrieg tactics and smoke. No matter how bad you or your enemy plays, you are still able to get a jesustank. :snfPeter: I know the fuel penalty and manpower penalty are there, but that does not justify Tiger ace. If you have watched Lenny´s game yesterday, you will see how BS an unit can be. He had epic amount of conspricts and 2 T34s. His enemy was losing all the time. Then a Tiger Ace hit the field. Tiger ace wrecked both tanks with 2 paks. Then he built more T34s, and finally Tiger survived with a small amount of health left, and all T34s were destroyed. "GG WP"...

Solution: Remove Tiger Ace resource penalty, add 270 fuel cost.
9 Jan 2015, 16:14 PM

This again? I don't even...

Over the course of a long game, lowering its cost to 270 fuel is a big buff to it, Since you will be able to fully support it with whatever you want at that point.

LOWERING the cost to 270 is a bad idea.

inb4 people advocate adding 270 fuel cost on top of its current cost. (At that point its the most expensive tank in the game x2)
11 Jan 2015, 06:24 AM

It's a very gimmicky unit to begin with and at no fuel cost it's kind of a no-brainer for the "what-the-garden-is-micro"-kind of player. Novice players that is struggling to hold the map suddenly can win in a single Ace rush ..because FUCK map control! It just makes no sense. The fact that the recourse income gets hampered doesn't seem to do much either. Now I'm talking 1v1 btw, I would not even bother trying to have a balance discussion on larger team games..
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 89
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment