Login

russian armor

Tank Hunter Salvage Kits

2 Dec 2014, 23:00 PM

Considering their impressive cost of 100 munitions and that they come only at 3CP, what resources do you actually get from salvaging wrecks? Is it a set amount like for OKW?
2 Dec 2014, 23:32 PM

no, it works as CoH1 WM salvaging, you get fuel and muni over time, depends on wreck health and type of wreck i think (KT will give more than Kubel?)

I've tested it in Beta or when it was free for a week, but i might be wrong about it
2 Dec 2014, 23:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge

From what I've seen it gives roughly 1/3 to 1/2 the fuel value of the vehicle back, together with manpower and munitions.

Here's a video posted awhile back by Abdul showing him testing the salvage kits:

3 Dec 2014, 07:05 AM

Yeah, the funny thing is that you can salvage manpower.
3 Dec 2014, 07:46 AM

i think if u salvage a KT u can something like 300mp 100 fuel. so i think in the long run it is worth it
3 Dec 2014, 13:13 PM

So I did some testing last night against the AI, and while I haven't really looked at the numbers yet, I can say two things:
- You can indeed salvage MP and Fuel.
- Some, but not all, of the preplaced vehicle wrecks on Rails&Metal can be salvaged.
3 Dec 2014, 13:29 PM

so the light vehicles give munitions and medium/heavies give fuel+MP interesting.

the kit costs 100ammo so in long run in 2v2s yeah 1v1 im not sure if you will have time to salvage
3 Dec 2014, 14:01 PM

The problem is, that the rest of the commander is kinda meh. Salvage kit OK. Light anti tank mine is kinda meh, if i need mines i make tm35 and i need a super mine i just make a demo.. PTRS sucks, worst anti tank weapon to the worst infantry squad in the game, not so good.. Anti tank grenade volley is actually very good, specially if you combine it with normal anti tank grenade. Antitank bomb can barely kill a puma, nothing heavier. If you buy PTRS for you conspricts german infantry will run you over even more easily. Specially because the commander havent got Shocks or guards and callin tank.

This doctrine would be epic with SU 100 but everyone knows that relic isnt going to add it.
3 Dec 2014, 14:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2014, 14:01 PMl4hti

This doctrine would be epic with SU 100 but everyone knows that relic isnt going to add it.

i just played a game in warthunder with SU100... would be great addition to tank hunter..

The AT bomb drop is actually good vs OKW static HQ truck its hard to score on tanks coz of the delay.

this commander is not for 1v1 though..
24 Dec 2014, 18:06 PM

The problem is, that the rest of the commander is kinda meh. Salvage kit OK. Light anti tank mine is kinda meh, if i need mines i make tm35 and i need a super mine i just make a demo.. PTRS sucks, worst anti tank weapon to the worst infantry squad in the game, not so good.. Anti tank grenade volley is actually very good, specially if you combine it with normal anti tank grenade. Antitank bomb can barely kill a puma, nothing heavier. If you buy PTRS for you conspricts german infantry will run you over even more easily. Specially because the commander havent got Shocks or guards and callin tank.

The bomb run is one of the most powerful AT abilities the soviets have. The mines are also very good if used correctly.
25 Dec 2014, 02:54 AM

It is decent support commander in 4v4 with a coordinated team. At nade volley can kill light vehicles fast. THe player needs to be active in placing mines all over the place.
25 Dec 2014, 09:15 AM

The problem is, that the rest of the commander is kinda meh. Salvage kit OK. Light anti tank mine is kinda meh, if i need mines i make tm35 and i need a super mine i just make a demo..

IIRC light mines can be placed by conscripts which is quite good. Use them to immoblilze enemy vehicles in range of your ATG.

Antitank bomb can barely kill a puma, nothing heavier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwzN2v2X80s#t=1467
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
unknown 25
Germany 16
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W