Login

russian armor

Ostheer Teching: Inefficient vs USF?

19 Dec 2014, 07:08 AM

SO i tried no infantry tactic as ostheer and it actually worked 2 pios with 4 mgs and supporting okw dude early game with that, mind you i dont think it would have worked on open field map but you never now. Anyway after that I rushed Flakpanzer and P4 came 1 min later than the enemy t34s but we had 2 volks with shrecks so that went fine. Feels like ostheer has to support while okw just blobs infantry otherwise it doesnt work.
Anyway i was 2 flaks and 3 p4s and we won but the point of all this is that IF I go combined arms with greens,mgs, mortars openings i cant compete cause 1 mg is easily smoked, enemy mortars have more people so your mortar will die first,etc...etc...

Also the price of panzer greens should be lower or they should get buffed for a unit that costs 320 its underperforming greatly and to get 2 shrecks u need 120 ammo for a squad that cant handle being under fire, not to mention t34s oneshoting ost squads cause o their grouping issues

I tried some shinaningans with 222s, what a load of crap. The funny thing the most USED things for me are P4s and Flaks, the rest is kinda tooo rng too weak to compete mid to late game. teching to tier 3 feels a waste cause tiger performs better than panther , and if you are going tiger ace thats even more powerfull so I would rather spend fuel on extra p4 or flak than techin to tier 3, maybe against russians for panther but i feel thats only needed if you dont have tigers in call ins
19 Dec 2014, 16:29 PM

Multiple ostheer commanders need rework as well to make them viable.We need more doctrines with stormtroopers -especially in the infantry doctrines.
20 Dec 2014, 05:52 AM

you know stormtroopers are basically grenadiers that you can upgrade to pgrens for 100 munitions right.
20 Dec 2014, 06:49 AM

you know stormtroopers are basically grenadiers that you can upgrade to pgrens for 100 munitions right.
This pretty much sums it up. I don't see any reason why we need stormtroopers when they're only advantage is the free ambush camouflage and able to upgrade to different infantry. I prefer my pgrens and grens instead.
21 Dec 2014, 11:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Dec 2014, 06:49 AMsteel
This pretty much sums it up. I don't see any reason why we need stormtroopers when they're only advantage is the free ambush camouflage and able to upgrade to different infantry. I prefer my pgrens and grens instead.

You wish to have them because they are one of the most cost effective ostheer infantry in the game.
dps wise they are the same as grens or pg's but they make up for it with cloak and significantly better durability. also better vet.
21 Dec 2014, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2014, 11:30 AMJaigen

You wish to have them because they are one of the most cost effective ostheer infantry in the game.
dps wise they are the same as grens or pg's but they make up for it with cloak and significantly better durability. also better vet.
If I wanted camouflage I would have gone for Jaeger Infantry or Storm. Panzergrenadier and Grenadier are already pretty durable and allows me to choose some other doctrine instead. ;)
21 Dec 2014, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2014, 11:35 AMsteel
If I wanted camouflage I would have gone for Jaeger Infantry or Storm. Panzergrenadier and Grenadier are already pretty durable and allows me to choose some other doctrine instead. ;)

What you think is not relevant. they are better statwise and costwise. if it wasnt in for the fact they are in a doctrine that is not that suited for 1 vs 1 otherwise you would a lot more of them
21 Dec 2014, 14:24 PM

Permanently Banned
If I play 1v1 as Ostheer, and I face USF on certain maps, I call gg and leave. I know to well what happens, they don't even have to try to win with their riflemen spamm and then a nice aa halftruck or m20 and gg
21 Dec 2014, 14:34 PM

Permanently Banned
Just had another game where it happened, urban map, didn't want to play from the get go because I knew what would happen, but meh why not. 4 rifle squads flanking my mg, don't get pinned at any moment and grenadiers can't do any kind of damage, even in great numbers. GG right there
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 165
unknown 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak