Login

russian armor

Player dropping during a match

28 Nov 2014, 22:12 PM

Player dropping during a match (2vs2,3vs3 or 4vs4) is the worst thing that can happen to a team/match. It kill the fun.

A bad situation can be turned around, but rarely if someone dropped.

For the sake of fun, and in respect of those who try hard to win, i would implement this into the game :

Add a 5 minutes penalty delay before that player can launch a new automatch after he dropped.

If he dropped a second time in row increase the penalty to 8 minutes, next make it 15 minutes.

Autokick those who don't move any unit after 5 minutes at anytime during a match and apply the same penalty mechanism.

No matter if the drop is legit, due to technical difficulties or purely intentional, his drop break the game for his team and for his opponents. So the penalty is need.

It will force some players to get their computers in order and others to get a grip on their emotions.

I know it's rather harsh but dropping is a plague that must be cured for the sake of the game.

P.S. it doesn't concerned those who play 1vs1 exclusively.

Thanks
28 Nov 2014, 23:17 PM

CSGO has a good system for this. 30 minute cool down for first drop. Drop again in the next 24 hours and you receive a 2 hour cool down. Do it again and it can be 24-36 hour cool down. With that being said, the player does have a 2 minute window to reconnect - something coh2 does not provide, which is a nice safety net since we all have an internet issue every now and then.
28 Nov 2014, 23:24 PM

Yes i agree. Relic needs to put some kind of leaver system into this
29 Nov 2014, 00:36 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Do this but allow us to reconnect like in world of tanks. Lol
29 Nov 2014, 01:06 AM

Honestly, if I'm not having a fun game, I'm not sure why I should be forced to watch my units get destroyed over and over again because some guy who doesn't know the writing on the wall doesn't want to surrender.

I play games for fun, if they're not fun then I'll leave, simple. Life is too short.

I hate leaver penalties in all games because they force you to play in games which simply aren't fun or games where you are just out matched. It's stupid, childish and goes against the whole idea of games being a past time rather than some kind of second job which some people seem to think they are...

If such a thing were to be implemented, the whole player base would be hurt even more. There would be more abusive players, who know they can't leave so take out their anger on their team, there would be more team killing, particularly of bases, because people realise they can't win. It'd be a microcosm of Dota2 or Hon's or LoL's communities, and those communities have to be some of the most revolting I've ever seen.

29 Nov 2014, 02:21 AM

Honestly, if I'm not having a fun game, I'm not sure why I should be forced to watch my units get destroyed over and over again because some guy who doesn't know the writing on the wall doesn't want to surrender.

I play games for fun, if they're not fun then I'll leave, simple. Life is too short.

I hate leaver penalties in all games because they force you to play in games which simply aren't fun or games where you are just out matched. It's stupid, childish and goes against the whole idea of games being a past time rather than some kind of second job which some people seem to think they are...

If such a thing were to be implemented, the whole player base would be hurt even more. There would be more abusive players, who know they can't leave so take out their anger on their team, there would be more team killing, particularly of bases, because people realise they can't win. It'd be a microcosm of Dota2 or Hon's or LoL's communities, and those communities have to be some of the most revolting I've ever seen.

+ 100000000

I also hate getting locked into a team game where my allies keep refusing to surrender, and where you know you're going to lose within the first 10 mins. You know what, it's a team game. That means that as fun as they can be, there's also a chance you'll get stuck with people who: suck, are abusive, or will drop if they dont like something about that game. It goes both ways though; you can't honestly tell me that you LIKE being forced to play through a sh itty game.
29 Nov 2014, 02:28 AM

Do this but allow us to reconnect like in world of tanks. Lol

Agreed. I very very very very very much agree.
29 Nov 2014, 03:15 AM

Yes no one should force you play, but leaver penalties have to be uniformly applied for consistency. It is rough, but hopefully it can lead to better games. Perhaps lowering the surrender threshold to 3 yes and 1 no would be good.
29 Nov 2014, 15:05 PM
Donator 33

It's already at 3/1 afaik.
A drop penalty would be good after:
-The player base is bigger
-Automatching works consistently
-Relic somehow tracks down frequent desync abusers and DOSers.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★