Login

russian armor

Updating the Oberkommando West

27 Nov 2014, 01:34 AM

Wow, it seems my post did not post, let's try this again:

I posted this in the reddit, but I wanted to get some feedback (and possibly reach Relic's ears) on how I think OKW can be spiced up!

Right now there are a lot of people unhappy with how the force works. German players are upset they are sitting around waiting for late game and Allied players annoyed by the Puma/Panther spam. Well I have an idea for adjustment of the group which would possibly bring 4v4 back again. http://www.steamfistinnovations.com/?p=143 Please let me know what you think of my idea.

Here are some good points from others:
Perhaps I didnt explain myself well.
Let's remove builders
I was saying let's start with volks, but pioneers will still be T0 buildable units.
let's remove AT
How about we add a new assault gun (as I was called out earlier) option, keep existing AT options.
let's turn Volks into cheap Obersoldaten
Let's turn them into the true jack of all trades and master of none units (like the american rifles unit with bars and bazookas). They aren't as good late game, meaning there is still a need for elite infantry. Mid game they get a pretty scary unit which sucks even more when it dies.
let's remove heavy tanks
A heavy tank into a commander which i will take every time. Still has the panther, and I have never heard panthers are sub par.
let's remove the IR halftrack
I have never fielded one against a human player nor have I ever seen one fielded. With that said, it is still in the game and not even under a commander. It is the token odd unit built at tier 0 but requiring every building. In fact I am arguing, because of the tech cost, make it cheaper. Then late game you may see someone toss one out because I have some manpower and full sitting around and I could use some spotting, and it doesn't cost an arm and leg for a support unit which is not that useful.

Thanks for your reply and your other viewpoint! I have had other experiences, but that were several patches ago, maybe I need to start giving some other units a try!
Which goes further to address your entire argument. You assume OKW is a late game army. They merely have late game options. I myself don't use those options. Awesome to the players who do.
That is a good point, people play differently and can make units work to their play style. Perhaps some of the issues is my being stuck on my old favorites.
Well you didn't really go into what will replace sturmpioneers in your scenario as a builder and repair unit, or where/when they are built if they are removed from tier 0. They are still a tier 0 option, I am just not saying you start the game with them
My issue with the kubel, is it is not as survivable as an infantry mg.
Addressing the SdKfz 251/9 recommendation, this is the same gun on the panzer 4 command tank and the StuG III Ausf. E. - IE - this isn't an anti tank gun
That is true, but unlike those two tanks, it was used in an AT role. I mean it is an assault gun and it was used to pull infantry out of dug in positions. In game terms I would it to have an AT or HE option and see it function like a fast, weak armored stug, with a better arch.
Thanks for the feedback, I am going to try out a few different units!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★