Login

russian armor

Tank Destroyers Competition!

28 Nov 2014, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2014, 08:49 AMVaz
Why isn't the Puma on here? I lose more armor to Puma than anything else on this list.

Because in controlled environment Puma would lose even to KV-2

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2014, 08:36 AMKothre

No, indeed my logic is spot on. I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. A tank destroyer is a tank specifically designed to specialize in destroying tanks. A Tiger, while exceptional at destroying tanks, was designed to have multiple roles as a heavy tank, i.e., it is not a tank destroyer. So yes, I am telling you that the Tiger is not a tank destroyer in that sense.

The StuG series, for example, is a series of assault guns. There were many variants of them. Some were infantry support guns, howitzers, etc. The ones outfitted with high velocity anti-tank guns are tank destroyers because they are specifically designed to destroy tanks, even though they are assault guns.

Also, when you say tank destroyers are designated as such by their role on the field and not their design, you don't seem to understand that tanks are designed to have a role. They don't just randomly slop tanks together and go "Well, let's just throw these on the battlefield and see what they excel at."

Ok, maybe I was not clear enough. You have TD designed to be TD but you have also plenty of universal units, mobile howitzers and stuff like that which can be named TD.
Do ISU, Tiger, IS2, Tiger II, Panther are not Tank Destroyers? Of course they are.
It seems that your condition to become TD is lack of turret (except Jackson) and no AI abilities.
Which unit can bigger threat for your tank? SU85 or ISU152?
Vaz
28 Nov 2014, 09:31 AM

So just facepunching standing still. Numerically, nothing can beat the jagdtiger at that, except maybe the elephant with good rng.
28 Nov 2014, 09:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2014, 09:31 AMVaz
So just facepunching standing still. Numerically, nothing can beat the jagdtiger at that, except maybe the elephant with good rng.

Don't be so sure about that... ;)
28 Nov 2014, 16:01 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2014, 09:31 AMVaz

The stuns man, what about the stuns?

28 Nov 2014, 18:13 PM

Ok, maybe I was not clear enough. You have TD designed to be TD but you have also plenty of universal units, mobile howitzers and stuff like that which can be named TD.
Do ISU, Tiger, IS2, Tiger II, Panther are not Tank Destroyers? Of course they are.
It seems that your condition to become TD is lack of turret (except Jackson) and no AI abilities.
Which unit can bigger threat for your tank? SU85 or ISU152?

Well, now you're arguing something completely different. I never said that non-designated tank destroyers can't destroy tanks. The reason I took issue with the poll is because it's specifically labeled as a competition between tank destroyers, not "Best tanks for destroying tanks."
28 Nov 2014, 18:34 PM

What mod are you using? I want to test some units too.
28 Nov 2014, 18:39 PM

ISU, no doubt. May not be as powerfull against enemy armour as his Axis homologues, but it's a beast AI, has a nice range and usefull abilities.
28 Nov 2014, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2014, 18:13 PMKothre

Well, now you're arguing something completely different. I never said that non-designated tank destroyers can't destroy tanks. The reason I took issue with the poll is because it's specifically labeled as a competition between tank destroyers, not "Best tanks for destroying tanks."

It's like with square and rectangle. Every square is also rectangle but not all rectangles are square, right?

"Best tanks for..." is still wrong since many of them are not tanks.

Tank Destroyer is a mind shorthand. It's obvious dude. It's about unit (tank, assault gun, armored gun...) which can kill tank in best way, which is best TD. Not by game design but by performance.
29 Nov 2014, 03:40 AM

Shrecks vs T34 :D

Panther vs M36

29 Nov 2014, 04:37 AM

It's like with square and rectangle. Every square is also rectangle but not all rectangles are square, right?

"Best tanks for..." is still wrong since many of them are not tanks.

Tank Destroyer is a mind shorthand. It's obvious dude. It's about unit (tank, assault gun, armored gun...) which can kill tank in best way, which is best TD. Not by game design but by performance.

I know what what the poll creator meant after looking at the poll options. All I'm saying is that the poll title could be more specific since it isn't about designated tank destroyers.
Vaz
29 Nov 2014, 08:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2014, 16:01 PMTobis

The stuns man, what about the stuns?

The stun is good if you want to go get behind it. This is facepunching, so it gets stunned, the shots still bounce off the massive front armor. We already have this data collected and the information from it shows it the same. trying to go head on with JT results in lose for anything not under good micro. The far battle isn't even fair.
30 Nov 2014, 04:30 AM

Why isnt P47 on here? P47 is the best USF Tank Destroyer MVGame.
30 Nov 2014, 23:24 PM

So, the competition lives on! Recently IS-2 won dual against Tiger. Now, legendary Tiger Ace has a chance to show claws!

Highly experienced crew or great front armor? Let's check!

1 Dec 2014, 23:32 PM

So, we are in the middle of the competition. It's time to decide you will represent OST&SU in finale(Yet it's still not sure cause of play off!!).
Let me introduce: Tiger Ace vs Elephant

9 Dec 2014, 23:19 PM

We are back with OKW vs USF part (USF :foreveralone: )

The first fire is Easy Eight vs Jadgpanzer and Jackson vs Jadgpanzer.

11 Dec 2014, 05:51 AM

jadgpanzer is pretty boss, just that free flak defense gun, luchs, obers and panthers are a much better tier than t2 and does everything better than t2 can ever do.

i always have trouble fighting them and actually, any german tank for the matter. everyone seems to be armed with a panther's gun and armor, frontal shots can never get through.

seems like all allied mediums and advanced mediums must flank and get rear hits to do even any damage. with that schreckhorde, its going to end in a fiery death for my tanks.
11 Dec 2014, 07:27 AM

Just a though, could you show what happens between Tiger Ace and IS2 Ace? :D
11 Dec 2014, 07:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2014, 07:27 AMFlamee

Sure!
Just wait few hours.
For now I can show You 180muni B-4 vs Kubel Ace :drool:

Also catch next part, E8s vs KT

11 Dec 2014, 23:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2014, 07:27 AMFlamee

Aaaaaaaand here you go :)

It shows really great what are advantages of each tank, and how use it to make most use of them.
12 Dec 2014, 10:50 AM

Since I play OKW combined forces, I really enjoy jagdpancer4. It is not the strongest TD in game, but but in my opinion this is the best TD. And here's why:
1) Does not require doctrines. I'm tired of playing USSR stuck in the few doctrines, call troops again and again. jagdpanzer 4 can be used in any doctrine. Scavege, luft... Nobody keeps you on a leash with the words "Just use doctrine troops or lose".
2) Early access, even for OKW. 40 + 135 fuel even 30% penalty, can be obtained quickly enough. In fact, I have a pair of this TD for the price Flac + Panther.
3) SU-85 have better DPM. M36 нave turret and better hit. All this is true. But they are made of paper. And the jagdpancer4 can take a punch not falling apart from a couple of shells.
4) Magnificent veterancy: Visibility! Invisibility! Vitality! Firepower!
5) Adaptive free camouflage. I can almost hear "Cloak activated" every time when using this awesome ability :D
6)Recovery of loses. If I lose a Panther or a King I will stay without tanks for a long time. If i lose jagdpancer4...well, i will just build new.
P.S. With the new "cover" system this thing kills even the infantry :D
P.S.S. I play 3x3 or 4x4 only.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak