Login

russian armor

Plz redesign old commanders-Jaeger inf as example

25 Nov 2014, 16:47 PM

We got a decent balance and Imo the meta isnt as stale as people tend to say. But coh2 would be even better if they made som more commanders viable. Jager inf is an good example. As I am bored to death of seeing and using lmgs I pick this commander. Its fun to play with:

1 cammo on your Mg42
2 G43 on your grens
3 Tactical movement for your pgs to flank that Isu
4 Light artilley barrage
5 Stuka close air support which they made good

But as we all see its only fun in theory. The ammo-cost is way to high to use more then 2 maybe 3 of this commanders abilities. I dont think relic has changed any commanders abilities just buffed or nerfed the costs. I think they should redesign some of them. But I guess its not that easy for them to know which of them they should change.
So, Which commanders do you think relic should redesign?
25 Nov 2014, 17:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

^Replace either of the last 2 abilities with trade fuel for munition.

NKVD: replace one of it's abilities with the commissar.

Defensive commander: include the old beta barbwire (with a muni cost if needed) on the first slot. Make them build faster defenses.

On other cases, it's a matter of fixing some units rather the commander itslef.
Mechanized groups: make them arrive at 2CP. For being turretless clowncars they arrive too late.
Irregulars or the little AT gun.

25 Nov 2014, 17:25 PM

We got a decent balance and Imo the meta isnt as stale as people tend to say. But coh2 would be even better if they made som more commanders viable. Jager inf is an good example. As I am bored to death of seeing and using lmgs I pick this commander. Its fun to play with:

1 cammo on your Mg42
2 G43 on your grens
3 Tactical movement for your pgs to flank that Isu
4 Light artilley barrage
5 Stuka close air support which they made good

But as we all see its only fun in theory. The ammo-cost is way to high to use more then 2 maybe 3 of this commanders abilities. I dont think relic has changed any commanders abilities just buffed or nerfed the costs. I think they should redesign some of them. But I guess its not that easy for them to know which of them they should change.

I agree completely that a cmdrs review is in order.
nee
28 Nov 2014, 21:50 PM

I agree, I think the camo ability should at least cost less if not a free passive. This commander ability is only really useful when on the defensive where you need to hide your forces for an ambush, you're not gonig to be using that if you're on the move.
29 Nov 2014, 16:03 PM

As has been stated Soviet industry is one of the commanders who also need some love. With the Elite-commander I think i got a manpowerincome at around 100 with the Ace. If I go 100 pop with Soviet industry its around 50.
I played around with Soviet industry trying to go for it at 10 cp to maintain some mamnpower, but going that late is also hurts your manpower to much. So the commander is completly broken. Anyone else paid for this shit? :)
30 Nov 2014, 09:47 AM

Even the newest doctrines have their problems, with some being rather useless.
Take for exampleRecon Support (waaaaay MP-expensive call-in, Forward Observers being crap, I&R Pathfinders only good for the artillery), Encirclement (Sprint is nice, but everything else is pretty gimmicky- e.g. Break Supplylines won't even destroy a cache) or Tank Hunters (a 100-munitions upgrade for the ability to get some MP and Fuel from vehicle wrecks (of which there usually isn't going to be many around?, four abilities that are meant to do the same thing- kill light vehicles).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS