Login

russian armor

Thank you Relic

25 Nov 2014, 16:51 PM

Thank you Relic
I would like to say thanks to all who work in balance team of COH2.
Very thank for those who decided to change ISU 152. Actually I was really surprised of that change. Why? Because some weaks ago I was watching stream Breaking Brad & iTs Dusty and made a proposal to give ISU HE and AP rounds. Breaking brad said it never gonna happen, not historical and so on. Well, may be someone else had the same idea it doesn't matter ISU 152 has been changed (and JagdTiger)

So, you are moving to Esport. Thats why there should not be historical precisions leave it for single.

Perhaps you know that Blizzard going to release additional content (legacy of the void) for SC2 the decided to change some old units (from original game) for multiplayer.

May be you should have same consideration and change doctrine to make game more interesting and improve some strategic decisions of players.
What I mean?

For example, doctrine with elefant should not have any precision strike so Sov player could've use doctrine with Howitzer ML20 to counter position of Ele same with ISU152 doctrine (may it will require to adjust penetration of shells). It would allow to use PAK 43 by german player against ISU.

Doctrine with B4 shouldn't have a recon plane because it easy to perform one accurate shot and it is totally different with recon plane for ML20 or Lef18

I have an Idea that artillery must have few patterns of attack ground something similar to Stuka 1) Line 2) circle (as now) 3) may be Z pattern or something 4) double line for Lef18 (squall of fire)

It would be good that soviets had a unit as Commisar (artillery) corrector who provide extended line of sight and may be with some other ability improving infantry or providing art support. THis unit should come in Tier3/Tier4

I don't understand why OKW units have extended vision with veterancy should be a unit that would provide such a thing. For instance: command tank or Command panther shoud have impove line of sight. Coz they are COMMAND.

To push players use other doctrine those doctrine without call in tanks must have (at least some of them) mark target ability to facilitate straggle with heavy german tanks using regulars tanks.

If it is Infantry doctine would be good that doctrine would have cheaper upgrade for infantry (lmg or granade or others) or cheaper reinforce a bit and higher cost for tanks. Shoud have some smoke barrage etc.

T34 would be nice to see as a flanking unit give it ability to accelerate and move at higher speed with cost of fuel like 5 or 10 for example similar to blizkrieg

Some people on streams say that defensive doctrine too defensive. Would be good change it a bit.

There should not be doctines that have so many options to spend Ammunition but have no ability to convert it from fuel. Good example jeager infantry.

Same about some doctines that require heavy investment of man power.

CAS doctrine is brilliant disign in my opinion. If player convert too much fuel into ammunition he will suffer from lack of tanks.

Some Soviet doctrines have shocks and heavy tank (all inclusive) I believe it is not how it should be. Good ground units suffers from lack of advance vehicles

summary
For Esport would be good to see that some doctrine would counter others.

ps ML20 and LeF18 too expensive for their current performance
PAK 43 fragile and might be decrewed or destoyed by ANY unit in the game
Both mechanized group are too expensive

The design how USF ambulance heals infantry encourage to blob it. Ambulance heals all squads at the same time whereas Soviets and Wehrmacht have 3 model of medics and according speed of healing. This quality forces USF players to retreat all infantry at once and move all of them back to the front line after healing.
25 Nov 2014, 16:54 PM

You know , it's entirely possible that HE / AP rounds for ISU-152 is an entirely temporary change.

Since it was not actually documented, and still isin't in relics changelog
25 Nov 2014, 16:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2014, 16:54 PMBurts
You know , it's entirely possible that HE / AP rounds for ISU-152 is an entirely temporary change.

Since it was not actually documented, and still isn't in relics changelog

This, and besides the unit is still not balanced. I use it in almost every match and HE shots easily wipe squads.

Your other points are good though, I personally don't give a Garden if the game is historical or not, the only important thing is balance. The balance team is on the right track and we will see more fixes and tweaks in the future. Remember to support Rome's effort regarding balance issues.
25 Nov 2014, 17:08 PM
Donator 11

Relic should make 2 different games: one that is ballanced and the other that is historically correct Kappa History wasn't ballanced, that is the reason. Btw I don't understand the "garden the history" attitude, why are we even playing WWII game? That way you can add space marines to give usf late game infantry...
25 Nov 2014, 17:45 PM

Doctrine with B4 shouldn't have a recon plane because it easy to perform one accurate shot and it is totally different with recon plane for ML20 of Lef18

Actually plane is not that good... Yes it shows units positions BUT as axis you know soviet guy is looking for a target. You can prepare yourself, take down the plane or just move your units all the time when plane is up.
25 Nov 2014, 17:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2014, 16:54 PMBurts

Since it was not actually documented, and still isin't in relics changelog

"Ninjas – Don’t Come Around Here No More

We’ve heard your feedback comments regarding ‘ninja’ updates, and have made a concerted effort to ensure that changes made are reflected in the final patch notes. As a large team with many different people contributing to an update over several weeks, it can be tricky for us to track everything that goes in. This is something that we’re committed to improving, and have heard your concerns on this loud and clear. Ninjas are awesome, but it’s apparent that our passionate community doesn’t want them anywhere near our patch notes. We appreciate your patience with us as we work to streamline this process! You will see our patch notes become better, faster, stronger, and less stealthy over time."
-Cynthia Griffiths

unfortunately the discrepancies in the change logs are more due to poor documentation than unintended implementation. but it is entirely possible its just a temporary stop gap.
25 Nov 2014, 17:58 PM

Permanently Banned
Maybe they don't document because, the changes are not final?

in a sense coh2 is a long running beta

Like War Thunder
25 Nov 2014, 17:58 PM

Relic should make 2 different games: one that is ballanced and the other that is historically correct Kappa History wasn't ballanced, that is the reason. Btw I don't understand the "garden the history" attitude, why are we even playing WWII game? That way you can add space marines to give usf late game infantry...
Actually making things semi historically accurate is not that bad. Swap Panzer IV and T-34 armour and you have something historically accurate and balanced as T-34 had better armour and Panzer IV had better gun. Now the mediocre F-34 cannon won't have so much trouble against the Panzer IV and its armour can protect itself against the Ostwind and the schwerer now.
25 Nov 2014, 18:07 PM

Hey good post! I totaly agree that there should be more strategic options to the game. All games fee pretty stale now with the same units, commanders, etc., being used. WOuld be nice if there was an overhaul that changed the game.
25 Nov 2014, 19:07 PM

I do not understand what is not historically accurate about ISU using different ammo types in first place. In reality ISU had large variety of ammunition (8 or 9 types afair) which included variants of arp crp and he shells for different purposes and combat situations.

On topic: realism means much less than faction design, and even less than balance. COH2 is a game and not ww2 simulator. And current call-in meta with many interesting commanders forgotten forever for the sake of tigers and isus (hey, industry, armor assault and con support) is disgusting.
25 Nov 2014, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2014, 18:07 PMNinjaWJ
Hey good post! I totaly agree that there should be more strategic options to the game. All games fee pretty stale now with the same units, commanders, etc., being used. WOuld be nice if there was an overhaul that changed the game.

If you want an overhaul just buy a different game like MOW??
25 Nov 2014, 20:34 PM

If you want an overhaul just buy a different game like MOW??

Hmm that is a little unfair to say. The game needs changes and Relic has done things to deal with issues. They have acknowledged issues such as call-in meta, team game imbalances, probably looking to change Soviet and Ost, etc. We can probably expect big changes, but it will take time and probably will not happen all at once.

25 Nov 2014, 21:35 PM

Good post, I really like the idea of re-working some of the old commanders. My personal favorite is Jager infantry doctrine and I would love to use fuel dump for muni exchange! I would invest more on quality infantry with weapons and cammos than tanks. I also love the idea of call in strikes for Elephant and ISU doctrines to be looked at. I think this would open up more flavor and game play for Pak 43s and arty. We need more variety in this game and by working on old commanders this would be really fun.
25 Nov 2014, 21:50 PM

ok some asshole ban my Ip (funny boy)/ this site turned into a garbage like official COh2 with SS%nametag% moderators likers on offorume.
so bb faping jazhand likers
see ya http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UJwhxs5deU
25 Nov 2014, 23:04 PM

Good post, I really like the idea of re-working some of the old commanders. My personal favorite is Jager infantry doctrine and I would love to use fuel dump for muni exchange! I would invest more on quality infantry with weapons and cammos than tanks. I also love the idea of call in strikes for Elephant and ISU doctrines to be looked at. I think this would open up more flavor and game play for Pak 43s and arty. We need more variety in this game and by working on old commanders this would be really fun.

Yes, Relic should really clean up some of the doctrines from Ostheer and USSR. Some of them are just random abiities thrown together. All commanders should be interesting and offer a unique playstyle.

However balanced they are, commanders like Urban Defense, Partisans, Mech Assault, Close Air Support, etc. offer really different ways to approach the game
26 Nov 2014, 05:09 AM

one more thing
It is weird that USF vehicle crew is given ability to remove engine crits without full repair it is kills mines game.
26 Nov 2014, 19:47 PM

by the way if wiping squads with m8a1 and pack howitzer is ok for balance team please change the animation of explosion similar to B4 or at least demo charge
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★