Login

russian armor

Weapons not appearing on squads.

25 Nov 2014, 13:47 PM

I changed the volksgrenadiere to have the STG44 but apparently, they're holding air. The gun doesn't seem to be rendered at all. Same story when I tried giving the sturmpioniere K98 rifles. The guns are not there. Any idea what could be the problem. :S
25 Nov 2014, 14:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

from my experience this only happens to weapons that don't drop. So I think they don't show because they have simply not animated this specific weapon and model combination
25 Nov 2014, 14:06 PM

from my experience this only happens to weapons that don't drop. So I think they don't show because they have simply not animated this specific weapon and model combination
Strange though. My pioniere and panzergrenadier can have K98s just fine. Sounds as if they originally had the K98 before being swapped for MP40 and STG44.
26 Nov 2014, 03:05 AM

How to change unit's weapon loadout? Or add/change weapon upgrades like MG42 for Grenadiers or change Penal's flamethrower for PPSh pack?
I made thread about it but I see there were some problems with site so I'll hook up to your thread if you don't mind :)
26 Nov 2014, 03:42 AM

How to change unit's weapon loadout? Or add/change weapon upgrades like MG42 for Grenadiers or change Penal's flamethrower for PPSh pack?
I made thread about it but I see there were some problems with site so I'll hook up to your thread if you don't mind :)
No problem. No point in me hogging a thread. :)

Examples are for changing grenadier weapon and upgrade

To change weapon:

Go to ebps/races/german/soldiers/grenadiers/grenadiers_mp

Click extensions in the main screen and look for combat_ext.

Under combat_ext/hardpoint/hardpoints/weapon_table/weapon

In here, you can see the weapon they use at the last line of the new "weapon" section.

the current weapon for grenadier should be called

attributes\weapon\axis\small_arms\single_fire\rifle\grenadier_kar_98k_rifle_mp

To change upgrades:

Go to sbps/races/german/soldiers/grenadier_squad/grenadier_squad_mp

Click extensions in the main screen and look for squad_upgrade_ext

You can find the lists of upgrades under "upgrades".

You should be able to figure out the rest by looking at them

Hope this helped you. :)
26 Nov 2014, 04:28 AM

In coh 1 you had to use lua on the squads blueprint to activate squads abilities to use certain weapons. Maybe its something similar?
26 Nov 2014, 14:38 PM

Thanks, that cleared things a lot. However I can't find out how to assign a weapon spawning in only one slot for default unit, like Obersoldat's MG34 or vCoH Volks leader's StG44. How to do something like this?
26 Nov 2014, 14:41 PM

Thanks, that cleared things a lot. However I can't find out how to assign a weapon spawning in only one slot for default unit, like Obersoldat's MG34 or vCoH Volks leader's StG44. How to do something like this?
Under sbps find the squad you want, then go to action_apply_ext. Under it, go to action and choose slot_item_add then a new list appears. Then choose the weapon you want after double-clicking it. A huge list should appear.

I wrote this from what I remember as I'm not on my main PC so there may be some mistakes in it or some stuff may not be clear. If anything is not clear about what I explained above then ask away. I will edit the instruction when I'm on my main again.
26 Nov 2014, 17:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2014, 14:41 PMsteel
Under sbps find the squad you want, then go to action_apply_ext. Under it, go to action and choose slot_item_add then a new list appears. Then choose the weapon you want after double-clicking it. A huge list should appear.

I wrote this from what I remember as I'm not on my main PC so there may be some mistakes in it or some stuff may not be clear. If anything is not clear about what I explained above then ask away. I will edit the instruction when I'm on my main again.

Thank you for this. I've been trying to do things like this but could never really figure out how to do it.
27 Nov 2014, 05:09 AM

Thanks steel, that's helpful. However this doesn't really work in game, as you pointed out. When I added StG-44 for Volks the weapon doesn't have model and sound, and when I gave them Grenadier's MG42 upgrade the MG model is screwed - the bipod floats in the air and magazine is attached to the barrel. What's interesting, when my Volks squad got killed and enemy Penals picked up the MG, the model was still like this.
27 Nov 2014, 05:28 AM

Thanks steel, that's helpful. However this doesn't really work in game, as you pointed out. When I added StG-44 for Volks the weapon doesn't have model and sound, and when I gave them Grenadier's MG42 upgrade the MG model is screwed - the bipod floats in the air and magazine is attached to the barrel. What's interesting, when my Volks squad got killed and enemy Penals picked up the MG, the model was still like this.
The MG42 model is always messed up. If you upgrade it in the game it's still messed up. Don't know why Relic hasn't fixed it yet. :S

The StG-44 for Volks is the issue I'm having as well. Like Spartan_Marine88 said, there's something that needs to be adjusted to allow the particular model to use that weapon. Right now, the volksgrenadier don't have the 'permission' to use the gun.

It can be funny to see an invisible gun killing the enemy though. :D
27 Nov 2014, 05:34 AM

In coh 1 you had to use lua on the squads blueprint to activate squads abilities to use certain weapons. Maybe its something similar?
Unfortunately, I can't find out how to do it. Spent a few days looking for it. :(
27 Nov 2014, 07:23 AM

Oh man, now I noticed that it indeed is screwed up even for Grenadiers. Good thing is at least it "works" for Volks.
7 Dec 2014, 06:18 AM

Apparently some weapons aren't enabled for some models.

What I've done as a hack in an unreleased mod is to define the unit like I want it, Then in the ebps change the entity_blueprint_ext to use a model that works with the weapon or upgrade.

For example, I made a VG stg-44 (ir) upgrade by using armies\west_german\soldiers\honour_guard\honor_guard. I didn't want the IR weapon, but can only get the non-IR version to work with models I don't want to use for VG. But if you're less choosy you should be able to get something to work with light infantry recon, sturmpio, or pzg models.

Haven't tried changing the model with an upgrade - don't know whether it's possible.

There is other stuff that doesn't work for all models. For example, I made some construction troops out of Osttruppen, and everything works fine except they don't get the welding animation when repairing weapons and vehicles.
28 Oct 2015, 04:43 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

NECRO INCOMING

Is there any list of which weapons are interchangeable between squads/factions or not? I kinda want to know before I go through a bunch of trial and error and waste a bunch of time.

Like I see here that Pgrens have a K98 animation......Didnt know or expect that.

Do Paras have a Garand animation?

Do Vehicle Crews have an STG animation?(Fury Reference B O Y S)

Rear echelons with M1 Garand?!

Rangers with M1 Garand?

28 Oct 2015, 09:43 AM

Like I see here that Pgrens have a K98 animation......Didnt know or expect that.

Do Paras have a Garand animation?

Do Vehicle Crews have an STG animation?(Fury Reference B O Y S)

Rear echelons with M1 Garand?!

Rangers with M1 Garand?

For WFA armies, you can assume most units can only use the weapons they're given unless you've seen them used it in Ardennes Assault. They're pretty much done that way to save time I suppose.

Riflemen are able to use RE troops M1 Carbine if you want to do that. :P

Can't say about the rest. Sry.
28 Oct 2015, 13:25 PM
Honorary Member Badge

You need to edit their .abp files. I have a tutorial for this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ZrH0gUcr0
28 Oct 2015, 19:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2015, 13:25 PMeliw00d
You need to edit their .abp files. I have a tutorial for this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_ZrH0gUcr0