Login

russian armor

OKW Elite Armor

25 Nov 2014, 10:49 AM

Hello mates!

Any good advice on this commander? Is it good to chose in 3v3 or 4v4 games? Do you build other tanks or just wait till the 9cp P4 are ready? How those P4's doing against Soviet heavy tanks?
25 Nov 2014, 11:51 AM

Terrible choice in any game mode except perhaps large annihilation games.

9cp P4s are not that strong compared to their time window and will not prove to be a battlefield shock. Better to have a panther+@ with that fuel.

Other abilities are pretty disappointing too.

25 Nov 2014, 13:50 PM
Patrion 14

This is a great 2v2 commander, my personal favorite, and here is why:

Radio Intercept: A bit on the expensive side at 50 mu, but the information it gives you is invaluable when planning a large scale assault/ flank. It is a slightly cheaper and worse version of the partisan spy network, that shows all enemy armored units on the minimap. If you want to see what unit each symbol pertains to, use the tacmap.

Crit Repair: A very niche ability, but it can be a lifesaver if you use armor aggressivly to scout (ie. luchs at vet 1). If you hit a mine, find a place to hide and crit repair. It is a bit expensive, but worth it if you can save your armor.

HEAT shells: One of my favorite abilities out of all the commanders. What these do is increase range, damage, and penetration on all main cannon shells fired by the vehicle this is activated on. This is especially useful to help the puma scale into the later game and to let the panther/ jagdpanzer 4 solo all enemy armor including the IS2.

Panzer Commander: A 30 mu upgrade that gives you a panzer commander instead of a pintle mg. The commander increases your vehicles sight range (useful on panther) and gives you access to an offmap artillery barrage callable from your tank. The barrage is 120 mu, and is a slighty weaker version of the US Time on Target barrage. It takes a long time to callin, so use it vs. Defensive positions and enemy on-map artillery. This strike oneshots a b4/ ml-20.

P4-battlegroup: Not one of my favorite abilities, the p4s come late and have trouble with t34s, however, the ability to upgrade armored skirts i quite useful, and, more importantly, with heat rounds, the P4s can fight heavier enemy armor quite well. Most importantly, the P4s vet exceedingly fast, and at vet5 become absolute beasts. Use these to support your panther/KT later in the match or to hardcounter enemy infantry spam. Make sure to support with other AT if you need to engage larger armor. Don't fall into the trap of rushing these, they are not baseline armor. They are support armor.
25 Nov 2014, 19:08 PM

I also like those HEAT shells, but do you have the exact stats from them? Would be really nice to know them
25 Nov 2014, 19:20 PM

Yeah me too, sounds like a case for the mighty Cruzz!
25 Nov 2014, 19:47 PM

People dont use it because they prefer wait to get a KT.

It is easier to micro a heavy tank than a pair of P4s.
25 Nov 2014, 20:06 PM
Donator 11

People don't use it as soviets tought us that the commander is worth no more than it's call-in and that specific one is better when you use all abilities but call-in. Still when people get him and try to use they are waiting for those p4s and then loose games.
26 Nov 2014, 15:48 PM

Thanks for taking the time to write that up comm_ash. This is the only commander I don't have but now I want it. I have so many 5% additional armor bulletins that a 15% bonus should do nicely.
26 Nov 2014, 16:28 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I also like those HEAT shells, but do you have the exact stats from them? Would be really nice to know them

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2014, 19:20 PMGneckes
Yeah me too, sounds like a case for the mighty Cruzz!

They give a 30% boost to both penetration and damage.

26 Nov 2014, 16:58 PM

If this commander had panzer smoke grenades instead ofradio intercept and could call single pz4s in at a time, it might become really good :(
27 Nov 2014, 02:41 AM
Patrion 14

They give a 30% boost to both penetration and damage.

Are you sure there is no range increase? I swear I read it in a tooltip, and I could have sworn I noticed it increase my unit range, but hey, maybe I'm crazy.
27 Nov 2014, 20:10 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Nov 2014, 16:58 PMRupert
If this commander had panzer smoke grenades instead ofradio intercept and could call single pz4s in at a time, it might become really good :(

+1

Also, the best tank in the game, ze Luchs, needs the option to have a Panzer Commander :(
28 Nov 2014, 03:08 AM

I heard the Fuel cost and CP requirement of the Panzer Aus J was lowered in the last patch (ninja change). Can anyone confirm?
28 Nov 2014, 06:25 AM

I heard the Fuel cost and CP requirement of the Panzer Aus J was lowered in the last patch (ninja change). Can anyone confirm?

Not true :(
1 Dec 2014, 02:38 AM

Hello mates!

Any good advice on this commander? Is it good to chose in 3v3 or 4v4 games? Do you build other tanks or just wait till the 9cp P4 are ready? How those P4's doing against Soviet heavy tanks?

good advice?! don't choose it! ;)
1 Dec 2014, 10:23 AM

Its kinda bad commander. All abilities cost fortune of munitions, and OKW is lacking munitions. The panzer ivs should come 8cp and one with side skirts.
1 Dec 2014, 10:46 AM

its not useless commander,but okw has better commanders.
8 Dec 2014, 15:54 PM

This commander + 2 puma bulletins for aromr pen and reload = PUMA GOD..

those heat shells make short work of early armor if you can micro the puma..

i have got Puma to vet 4 and vet 5 with this commander , i dont get the P4s instead i hold on for KT , KT + Commander upgrade is really good. i punish any armor aggressievly in mid game with puma and raketns and shreck volks ..this commander is fun..

sacrifice a volks shreck and get raketen instead that saves ammo for Puma HEAT rounds.

i go T2 > T3 and then T1. early obers help to keep puma alive.
3 Jan 2015, 10:56 AM

The call in is no good on 4v4 or 3v3s.Only on 2v2 or 1v1.Most of the time don't get enough command points to get the mk4.Basically all you get to use are the other abilites.:faint:
3 Jan 2015, 10:59 AM

I would only use this Commander is you have a clear strategy in mind and know how to execute it. Its underrated as hell thats for sure!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★