Login

russian armor

Feedback on Art of Defense Map Making Guide

25 Nov 2014, 10:12 AM
Patrion 310

I've been working on the Art of Defense mod for a while now with a friend. I don't know if you know anything about it or checked it.

The victory condition mod is used together with adapted maps (or completely new maps of course). The idea is that anyone can make the maps, adapt the mapscript to their own liking and then publish it. The variables of unit-waves and difficulty are easily customizable in the mapscript and trigger the functions in the modscript.

I've been working on the guide to explain the process of making maps compatible and how to edit the script (which I will finish with a video tutorial later).

Now my question is:
Would you like to try my guide, adapt a map, and give me feedback? The target public is people who are new, but not completely new with the worldbuilder. I expect adapting a map is 30-60 min work. You don't have to adapt to script, but pls check out our documentation about it too. A video tutorial is much better suited to explain the script, so I won't write about it.

Please add me to steam or send me a pm with your emailadress

Furthermore, to excite you, we want it to be compatible with any type of tuning pack. This way we can play Art of Defense in Modern Warfare if it would ever come that far.

with kind regards,

Kees Fluitman

ps. you can subscribe to the collection here:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=344113002

pss. We're also always looking for balance testers for our current new maps. A 4 player map is much harder to balance with just the two of us, than a map like Langres.
8 Dec 2014, 10:32 AM
Patrion 310

Really nobody interested?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment