Login

russian armor

Sniper Accuracy

24 Nov 2014, 18:03 PM

I would like to discuss a change that was made between Coh1 and Coh2. It's a change to a specific unit's statistics that I noticed right away.

-Sniper accuracy at short range has a multiplier of 1 as compared to .75 in CoH1.

I haven't played enough to know whether this change works in CoH2, which is why I'm asking you guys. Personally, I liked that tense moment in CoH1 when you would charge a sniper with a squad and get into detection range with only one member left. From there it was a true battle of wits. Who retreats? and who dies?

Right now, the incentive to rush in with a single squad is much lower, especially considering that the rate of fire is increased for snipers at short range. Of course, that same rate of fire increase existed in CoH1.
24 Nov 2014, 19:01 PM

Squad wipe vs squad wipe

a battle between two real men

like gladiators, 1 lives 1 dies!

FK YEH

on topic, i have no idea dude. i never do it anyway.
24 Nov 2014, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2014, 18:03 PMswiffy
I would like to discuss a change that was made between Coh1 and Coh2. It's a change to a specific unit's statistics that I noticed right away.

-Sniper accuracy at short range has a multiplier of 1 as compared to .75 in CoH1.

I haven't played enough to know whether this change works in CoH2, which is why I'm asking you guys. Personally, I liked that tense moment in CoH1 when you would charge a sniper with a squad and get into detection range with only one member left. From there it was a true battle of wits. Who retreats? and who dies?

Right now, the incentive to rush in with a single squad is much lower, especially considering that the rate of fire is increased for snipers at short range. Of course, that same rate of fire increase existed in CoH1.

I can't say I've seen this scenario crop up all that often.

The changes in camo have kind of changed how snipers function. It's pretty rare to get close to them these days.
24 Nov 2014, 20:35 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

snipers randomly missing was one of the most infuriating things on coh1 for me at least. I'm glad that's gone (but I also never build snipers anymore because I play USF all the time so I have nothing useful to contribute to this thread).
24 Nov 2014, 20:50 PM

Right, the camo changes do alter this scenario. This could be a non issue.

Snipers missing snipers was possibly the most frustrating part about coh, but it didn't seem to be an issue vs other types of units. I just think that if the resources are spent to get a squad close to a sniper, then you should be able to at least force a retreat.
24 Nov 2014, 21:27 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Well, against ostheer snipers, I find that if I get to about medium range it doesn't just force a retreat it gets vaporized. A light vehicle is almost always a death sentence as well. The last thing it needs is a close range nerf.

Soviet snipers on the other hand have two men AND sprint for some reason so it wouldn't be the end of the world if their close range accuracy were reduced but I think that would be a bad 'fix' to an existing problem.
24 Nov 2014, 21:27 PM

A sniper miss chance has no place here. Not only are snipers weaker health wise here than in coh1, the camouflage mechanics completely change how they are used (well, for the german one anyway, soviet ones can kinda be used like old coh1 ones if you go all-in with them).
24 Nov 2014, 21:39 PM
Patrion 28

slightly related; soviet snipers can't vault while cloaked, ost can because he get's a little after leaving cover.
24 Nov 2014, 22:13 PM

Hey, in a one on one fight, wouldn't you rather have the golden gun? Just sayin' ;)

Okay so this is a rather specific situation where I disagree with the outcome. But otherwise, the sense I get is that things are pretty well balanced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★