Login

russian armor

Replay file format

24 Nov 2014, 09:31 AM

With the replay parsing tools we have now, there must be some information out there about the data structure of replay files.
I know the general stuff, there are chunks with command data etc. But how should this data be interpreted? If I want to read command data and ability usage, how do I know what command was given, what ability was used? Someone out there must have the data! :)
Inverse, pingtoft? :)
29 Nov 2014, 16:03 PM

just checked the replay format again, and seemingly relic changes the format more often than some people change their underwear... looking at it now it seems the header is missing information about bulletins, but instead contains map info (like x/y coordinates of all flags).... which makes no sense to me. then again, a lot of relics decisions make little sense to me. as for the commands themselves: never fiddled around with them much, but that setup shouldn't have changed all too much and you should be able to get that info from here: https://github.com/ryantaylor/CoH2ReplayParser
30 Nov 2014, 08:09 AM

Thanks.
I found the source code of CoH2 Replay Tool and went from there. But yes, I learned the hard way that the format is no longer the same.
I see that Inverse's ReplayParser is more up to date, I'll have a look at that, thanks!! :)
It doesn't actually parse the tick data, but I think I can get what I need for the moment.

Why is this so hard. Relic please give us the source code for the replay writer, it'll make it so much easier :|
30 Nov 2014, 12:22 PM

Your best bet is Seb since he is the one responsible for replays parser in coh2.org
30 Nov 2014, 19:27 PM

I thought that was Inverse?
30 Nov 2014, 22:28 PM

at least it used to be... but tbh, it looks like the parser is still broken atm (no player data being read... most likely this was introduced with the observer mode... makes sense to save that kind of data in the replay too, so that likely broke the parser).
1 Dec 2014, 06:58 AM

Yeah I'm having trouble figuring out the index of the steam-ids. I can see them but can't come up with a formula to calculate their index. It also seems like faction ids were changed from uint to a string. I got "aef" and "west_german" in the replay I'm looking at, followed by a "default" string a few bytes later??
2 Dec 2014, 14:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2014, 06:58 AMQvazar
Yeah I'm having trouble figuring out the index of the steam-ids. I can see them but can't come up with a formula to calculate their index. It also seems like faction ids were changed from uint to a string. I got "aef" and "west_german" in the replay I'm looking at, followed by a "default" string a few bytes later??

stuff is pretty messy, the indexes are always getting changed from major patch to patch, better wait for something from relic (if they ever do) to make life easier. or you just gonna get all your work thrown out of the window by relic
2 Dec 2014, 15:01 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

aef = US. Forces
west_german = OKW
soviet = Soviet
german = Ostheer

These are the faction names Relic uses internally.
2 Dec 2014, 15:01 PM

stuff is pretty messy, the indexes are always getting changed from major patch to patch, better wait for something from relic (if they ever do) to make life easier. or you just gonna get all your work thrown out of the window by relic

Yeah that's basically the impression I got.
Btw, how does CELO work? Does it read the unfinished replay file?

EDIT: Yes Janne, I know :)
2 Dec 2014, 20:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2014, 15:01 PMQvazar

Yeah that's basically the impression I got.
Btw, how does CELO work? Does it read the unfinished replay file?

EDIT: Yes Janne, I know :)

No the replay files are only written when the game ends a match. CELO just reads the log files and uses them to detect players
2 Dec 2014, 21:55 PM

No the replay files are only written when the game ends a match. CELO just reads the log files and uses them to detect players

Ah, clever!
I was actually writing a small application to semi-automatically upload replays after a match, but just found out that CELO already does that. :clap:
So now I'm again in need of ideas for a hobby project.. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★