Login

russian armor

Retardly low FPS

26 Nov 2014, 17:35 PM

If I say I run AssCreed Unity at 50FPS, will that be proof enough?

(if you know the shitstorm about Unity, you would agree my computer is doing fine)

aka, yes I have done some benchmarking and yes, ALL the other games such as BF4(60-70fps Ultra), Company of heroes 1(50-60fps at med settings), war thunder(144fps all time), RO2 (100FPS)

Nothing is wrong with my computer.

Indeed nothing is. But there is defiantly wrong with how your rig performs when playing coh2. Well we do know where the issue isn't. That is hardware specs and temperature.

Did you try what Dullahan suggested in this thread? Any changes at all or still the same?

26 Nov 2014, 17:40 PM

Make sure your Intel HD graphics is disabled. (This is the most likely cause.)
Verify integrity of game cache.
Try stock clocks on the i5.

In that order.

I dont have Intel HD shit, I built my computer myself soo...
Verify....Done long ago.

Stock clocks? Why would improved Ghz fuck up the game?
Its overclocked by my motherboard in BIOS
26 Nov 2014, 18:31 PM

I dont have Intel HD shit, I built my computer myself soo...
Verify....Done long ago.

Stock clocks? Why would improved Ghz fuck up the game?
Its overclocked by my motherboard in BIOS

The i5 2500K comes with built in Intel HD 3000 Graphics. The low framerate seems to indicate to me that it may be using the onboard graphics rather than the GPU.

An unstable overclock could cause performance issues. Even if it's not unstable, some games don't play nicely with OCing. For example Battlefield 4 crashes on pretty much any GPU overclock. A 4.2 GHz OC is pretty high for a 2500K.

26 Nov 2014, 18:58 PM

Put AA on low if you haven't already.
26 Nov 2014, 19:23 PM
Donator 11

The i5 2500K comes with built in Intel HD 3000 Graphics. The low framerate seems to indicate to me that it may be using the onboard graphics rather than the GPU.

An unstable overclock could cause performance issues. Even if it's not unstable, some games don't play nicely with OCing. For example Battlefield 4 crashes on pretty much any GPU overclock. A 4.2 GHz OC is pretty high for a 2500K.

Actually its not. Most overclockers use 4.5 GHz clock with that CPU, I use 4.4 GHz myself and can tell that it is perfectly stable and I have no problems in coh2. On the other hand coh2 doesn't need that much of performance so it will work perfectly on stock 3.3 GHz too.

About Intel HD you are probably right as i have checked the performance of coh2 on Intel HD 4000 and it was just slightly better than what he gets.

To OP: Tell us what is your motherboard model or just the type of chipset, then we will know if you have to search bios for an disable option for Intel HD or it is disabled by default.
27 Nov 2014, 00:21 AM

Actually its not. Most overclockers use 4.5 GHz clock with that CPU, I use 4.4 GHz myself and can tell that it is perfectly stable and I have no problems in coh2..

It's still over a full GHz overclock. It's got a low TDP so there's a lot of headroom for temperature, but it's still a pretty hefty OC and depending on if you luck out with the silicon raffle or not it could be excessive.

Either way first rule of trouble shooting is to eliminate variables.
27 Nov 2014, 13:33 PM

I dont have it in my components list thingy on control panel, so I dont know how to deactivate it then.

I usually when starting up my PC while playing any heavy games, turn on MSI afterburner with around 300Mhz OC and 110% power limit, no problems with BF4. Although its all stock on COH2.
27 Nov 2014, 13:35 PM

Put AA on low if you haven't already.

"I set ALL settings to lowest"

With that I count all as in all the options there is, both at first in game, then in the config file
27 Nov 2014, 13:49 PM

Blablalba temps and so on.

What about all the money i spent on it!?

it went down the drain
27 Nov 2014, 16:42 PM
Donator 11

I dont have it in my components list thingy on control panel, so I dont know how to deactivate it then.

So what about that motherboard specification? From what I remember you deactivate it in BIOS.
27 Nov 2014, 17:07 PM
Patrion 310

Do you have team viewer installed?
28 Nov 2014, 13:12 PM
Donator 33

You're not using HDMI by any chance are you? I used to have the edid issue quite often back when I was using NVidia.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★