Login

russian armor

Idea for Conscripts

23 Nov 2014, 20:09 PM

In my opinion, conscripts in the lategame are a bit too weak. they are basically a capping or decrewing force, rather than a potent fighting force, even with vet.

In the Relic dawn of war series, global upgrades were common with every race, for example the wider tau shooting range, or the better space marine armor or tougher orc infantry. you usually had to build a specific building and/or a certain tier was needed.

I could imagine something similar for conscripts: t3/t4 unlocks the conscript armory (or whatever) in which you can choose several upgrades for conscripts (and maybe penals):

an upgrade to boost armor for some manpower or fuel
an upgrade to boost damage and maybe rate of fire
a DP pgrade to pick up just like in the US Base
maybe same with PPSH and PTRS

it would also give more tactical options in 1v1 or 2v2, as it makes conscript based strats more flexible

what do you think of that idea?
23 Nov 2014, 20:11 PM

No. Conscripts are already incredibly powerful vs wehrmacht and are only somewhat bad vs OKW because of one unit - obers.

But obers are getting nerfed soon so whatever.
23 Nov 2014, 20:12 PM

haha we can only pray that Relic decides to do this. I would love to see some kinda buff to conscripts. Even vet 3 cons feel worthless
23 Nov 2014, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 20:11 PMBurts
No. Conscripts are already incredibly powerful vs wehrmacht and are only somewhat bad vs OKW because of one unit - obers.

But obers are getting nerfed soon so whatever.

Burts, may u send me a replay of your conscript play? I need some advice :help:
23 Nov 2014, 20:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 20:13 PMNinjaWJ

Burts, may u send me a replay of your conscript play? I need some advice :help:

Yeah sure. Here you go.

Both vs very good players.

Just get alot of conscripts 5+ and harass and when you've got a good idea of where your enemies MGs are positioned, flank and molotov from all sides. Get molotovs after your 3-4th conscript.

Grenspam should be even less of a problem with conspam, since vannila cons easily solo vannila grens in a 1v1 situation.

Then you follow up with either T3 or call ins tanks.

I personally like to get an M5 out of lend lease and follow up with M4C shermans.

Keep in mind STUG E and well microed 222s are hard to counter with conspam, but just put mines in key locations and you should be fine.

Vs OKW it's alot trickier but it can still work. You have to avoid making too much conscripts to have either a t-34/76 or t-70 at around 10-12 mins out since if you wait for call ins with conscript spam luchs and obers will destroy you. Conscripts should beat sturmpios since they win at long range vs them, if they get too close, oorah away and come back with 2.

Then again it only takes 1 lucky at nade or mine to kill the luchs and if that happens it's practically GG right there.

OKW is particuraly terrible at detecting mines so make your own judgement.

Pumas are tricky but if they get pumas, that means no obers which means you should pave him off the map because he doesn't have healing and he will suffer extreme MP drain.

Most players will have a flak HQ setting up at around the 8th-10th mark minute. Always try to locate when and where exactly it is setting down and attack with everything you've got. Just one molotov is enough to destroy it while it's setting up.

vs OKW it is always good to start with 2 or even more engineers because flamers ignore the matrix bullet dodging skills that OKW infantry has.
23 Nov 2014, 21:16 PM

I think they just need survivability in vet 3, maybe reduced received accuracy.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 644

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak