Login

russian armor

Cons spam and other goodies

23 Nov 2014, 16:01 PM

As okw vs con spam I have found that a second sterm squad and a kuble can make quick work of it, if positioned well and you keep an eye out for flanks. Theres also a few commanders with an mg witch you can the use to cover the kuble as the match drags on. But my rank as ost and okw aren't the greatest from enjoying the struggles from allies :p
Con spam falls off really hard at 6-12 mins and they allmost become useless compaired to upgraded grens or the elite inf of okw just have to watch out for the molo's . As okw its better to starve your opponent then to cap around because you can keep his imcome as low as your own and still pull out stuff stronger/ pretty much cancel the the reduced income for some period of time the defensive doc and Luftwaffe has mgs in. And you should be able to time when tanks will be coming out on how well the match is going or from trail and error, defensive doc also has s mines
Or play a bunch of ranked games and spam cons and just see what others do to counter it
hope it helps a bit and good luck
23 Nov 2014, 16:04 PM

Yeah the only unit I would get from T2 is the HT. Gives your grens, pios and mg42 a lot frontline sustain with reinforcing.

I've always found 1-2 scout cars tricky as hell to micro from the orahh AT nade conscripts on urban maps, but as Bryan says it depends on your micro capabilities. I think I have more faith in my HMG usage as opposed to scout cars to inflict the pain til my LMG grens start to kick in.

If you do go T2 as opposed to T1-T3 do not pre-emptively build a pak40! It can seriously cost you the game if you build it early verse high conscript pressure that is going for call-ins. Only build it if you see/hear a tank coming or your getting close to CP's for call-in tanks.
23 Nov 2014, 16:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While they can fake it, you can always check the base to see if he is building T3 or waiting for call ins.
23 Nov 2014, 22:42 PM

Aye, always check a Soviet players base periodically! Gives you a good idea on their build and what route they might be taking.

Just throwing this out there, as two alternative Ostheer solutions, I've used them vs normal Soviet builds of 4 cons and USF, but never straight out 5/6 con spam, so word of warning that these aren't exactly tested and I haven't played much recently as i'd like, but here is two doctrinal options I think might be worth trying out if your really stuck.

Jaeger infantry, 3-4 grens, 2 hmgs, and use the doctrinal camo at one CP for your HMG's, at 30 munitions, it increases their damage when they fire from cloak and combined with their hold fire ability, you'd be surprised at how many times you'll catch people charging your grens when they don't see a HMG in the back, even after you pull the trick the 1st time. Plus it evens out the odds a little, opponets will still flank and you'll have to predict that/use map awareness, but at the same time, they have to guess where your HMG's are, and whilst they may have some idea, flanking what you can't see is...tricky :p

And at vet 1, incendiary rounds which are dirt cheap (15 muni) and camo bonus gets pretty hilarious.

The other one I've dabbled with is extended t1 play again and throwing in a stormtrooper squad at 2cp using the encirclement doctrine, without the assault package (100 muni), they are essentially overpriced Grens, but if you get them and have the munitions, one squad upgraded is like an Ostheer elite AI squad that does not need tech (i.e. rare). Stick them near your MG42, wait for the flank, uncloak very close up, pop the ability and you wipe a full squad in just over the time it takes them to throw a molotov.

That is pretty expensive though munitions wise and i'm on the fence, but they do one job very well, and that is clearing out Conscripts in no time.

Just my 2 cents, again, they need more testing by someone with the time, but if your stuck and want to try something new...:)

24 Nov 2014, 07:19 AM

Well con spam needs good micro, and map awareness to pull off. I guess you are lucky it requires high skill and not blatant cheating

Not gonna lie...after seeing your replay vs burts, that was pretty bm of you. Con spa is probably the least abusive strategy out there and burts wasn't really blobbing at all
24 Nov 2014, 07:31 AM

This isn't meant to be a rant/whine thread...and I don't consider myself a newbie to the game nor a blind noob.

"L2p" - you say more about yourself...but this is coh2.org, where high EGO players become forumwarriorexperts without giving any help. Thanks.

Neglect him Thunder, he is just a typical "foruml2per" troll with little to no skill in game.
Anyway I have half-quitted COH2, too many new games spammed out in this November and I was still pissed by the AOE/squad AI clumping problem.

Just grabbed AA with 15 USD, and that's it.

You need good combined arms to deal with conspam, remember veto all the urban map when playing axis.
24 Nov 2014, 08:06 AM

Half-track reinforcements... That is all. Although I too have problems versus con/rifle spam builds early on, front line reinforcements is the luxury they don't have (HT is a combat unit compared to ambulance).

As other guys mentioned, sacrifice map control for unit preservation, and remember you don't necessarily have to hold a ful/muni point because normal strategic points also give you resources.

Try to count their units (This is a basic thing though not just regarding spamming). How many are on the field? how much fuel does he have? If he is capping 2 points at once does that mean you can break through his line? If he is attacking does that mean you can send pios to capture? These are thing to keep in mind (and I'm sure you know all these) but it's easier said than done. For the first few minutes I keep the track of everything, but as the game gets more tense my brain shuts down.
24 Nov 2014, 08:16 AM

I think a lot of problems with call ins also come from the Pak40 nerf. Ostheer AT gun really feels a lot weaker atm and can no longer reliably scare away 34/85s
24 Nov 2014, 08:24 AM

Ya, well I guess conspam it's as unpleasant as volks + obersoldaten spam. Add two pumas or one-two Panthers behind that, and there you are, you have an unstoppable doom ball. I don't know if soviets have solutions for this, they probably have, but after intensive testing I can tell for sure that for USF the solution is: if you see that, run like hell back to your base or all your units will be wiped, no matter what combo you have there.
24 Nov 2014, 08:39 AM

You know, Gentlemen, with Advanced Warfare tactics for SU blobbing wint cons is must-have. I can build tons of cons and nothin else, but it is relevant to enemy's response: 1 Luchs or multiple mgs or 2-3 obers - and your spamfest is over. Without decent micro conspamming isn't like (everybody knows that unit with lmg34) spam.
26 Nov 2014, 01:06 AM

i saw the replay burts posted and i think the only reason why you lost was because you were spreading way too much and lost attention on ur squads most of the time.

you were getting hit by molotovs, ninja capping grens getting ganged by conscripts, sending unsupported mg42s.

i think it would be better if you focused on ur fuel side of the map and competed the middle instead. then wait out for gren upgrades and beat him later.

1 well microed scout car would have been a good choice to deal with his ninja cappers.

i see no pro play in the replay, only mistakes that are made by generally average players and im still very skeptical about conspam. you just didnt handle it well.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★