Login

russian armor

Cons spam and other goodies

23 Nov 2014, 11:26 AM

Seriously it's retarded as hell.....bloody con spam into call-ins is just out of control. They just rape everything in the beginning and with T2 + call-ins they are broken; especially on Faymonville, Kholodny and La Glize....what the hell can OKW and Ost can do against this madness???
23 Nov 2014, 11:31 AM

Ostheer huge T1 into T3?
23 Nov 2014, 11:38 AM

Ostheer huge T1 into T3?

Yes, that works on some maps, but OKW gets owned everytime, before they can get their ultra-vet.

On the maps I've mentioned Ost can hardly benefit from their long-range T1 arsenal (cons just YOLO in), and because of the Ost muni sortage getting lmgs and healing/sweepers are delayed. The cost of the teching and the mp drain of the grens is just too much IMO, I always try to keep them in green cover, but the cons just overwhelm my boys :(

Maybe I need to practice more or stick with osttruppens.

About the T1 --> T3, a quick soviet T2 can deny the armor advantage. Later the call-ins just rolfstomp Ost T3.
23 Nov 2014, 11:39 AM

I have officialy made conscripts OP using my bulletproof 6 conscript strat :megusta:
23 Nov 2014, 11:53 AM

conscripts op, wah wah drama drama, look at these low dps 6 man squads everywhereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

so op
23 Nov 2014, 12:01 PM

Seriously it's retarded as hell.....bloody con spam into call-ins is just out of control. They just rape everything in the beginning and with T2 + call-ins they are broken; especially on Faymonville, Kholodny and La Glize....what the hell can OKW and Ost can do against this madness???

Did you expect some tactic from Russian players or combined arms? Hell no, spam is name of the game they are playing.
23 Nov 2014, 12:13 PM

Yeah sorry ThunderHun I can't help you with OKW. Barely been playing them lately and when I have versed SOV it is never con spam.

I assume it is the more urban maps as OST and OKW that are the trouble verse con spam as you can't get full use out of 2 HMG with overlapping fire as on open maps. With OST I know my flame pioneers literally win me early games by just staying around key buildings or my MG42.

Obviously don't bother with sniper verse so many conscripts on an urban map. I'd go for 3-4 grens, 1 flamer pio, 1-2 MG42 and a mortar generally do the job. Defend one side of the map and do not extend onto their side until you get a 2nd pioneer for sweeper or if you do just avoid the obvious mine spots.

Don't forget to wire/s-mine narrow flanking routes as you move up the map when your pioneers have time. Generally the conspam -> T2 -> call-in strats lack the ability to deal with wire/mines asides from CE sweepers. If the CE are on the wrong side of the map it wastes a lot of SOV time. Spam little 15muni s-mine patches everywhere you can!
23 Nov 2014, 12:23 PM
Donator 33

Spam little 15muni s-mine patches everywhere you can!

I thought S-mines were 60 MU. Is the price dependant on how large the area is?
23 Nov 2014, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 12:19 PMKatitof
Having trouble vs conspam as OKW?

I think we have found a player that is worse then certain individuals with J and S names and that says something.

That reference to Jaigen and Sierra. :lol:

Anyways, to OP, I find that grenadier-heavy play works wonders because the conscripts die very fast at all ranges. Don't know about OKW though.
23 Nov 2014, 12:25 PM

If you lay down one patch from all 4 it's only 15 ammo.
23 Nov 2014, 12:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 12:01 PMMettiu

Did you expect some tactic from Russian players or combined arms? Hell no, spam is name of the game they are playing.

Way to generalise. If spamming something with Ostheer or OkW would work I'm sure people would do it. German players don't play any more fair than Russian players.

What is this shit about 'Russian' and 'German' players anyway, is it impossible for someone to play both?
23 Nov 2014, 12:45 PM

Correct. S-mines are 60 munitions to commence building and place 4 patches down.

However, if you decide to place only 1 patch down (15 MU) you will be refunded for the other 3 patches the moment you cancel construction (45 MU). That way you can spread your s-mines over a greater area on the map as opposed to one massive field, which makes it much more difficult for a single sweeper squad to deal with.
23 Nov 2014, 13:10 PM

Thanks for the replies and help everyone! I'll give them a try.

And Katitof, ty for being a dick...oh wait, you must be the wisest top dog here. Here, take some credit :D Not sure what else you can do aside from being a forum warrior.
23 Nov 2014, 14:32 PM

Permanently Banned
You cant handle con spam as OKW?

L2p...
23 Nov 2014, 14:46 PM
Donator 33

Correct. S-mines are 60 munitions to commence building and place 4 patches down.

However, if you decide to place only 1 patch down (15 MU) you will be refunded for the other 3 patches the moment you cancel construction (45 MU). That way you can spread your s-mines over a greater area on the map as opposed to one massive field, which makes it much more difficult for a single sweeper squad to deal with.

I didn't know that. Thanks.
23 Nov 2014, 15:12 PM

Still the balance is currently bad. On equal level it is easy mode to play as Allies. Russians still got so much broken stuff and US is also kinda potent currently.

5 Games as Allies -> 5 victories
5 Games as Axis -> 5 lost

Before the patch it was kinda equal, but currently the Russian stuff is so durable...Thanks for the russian fanboys and crybabies for this
23 Nov 2014, 15:16 PM

You cant handle con spam as OKW?

L2p...

This isn't meant to be a rant/whine thread...and I don't consider myself a newbie to the game nor a blind noob.

"L2p" - you say more about yourself...but this is coh2.org, where high EGO players become forumwarriorexperts without giving any help. Thanks.

23 Nov 2014, 15:52 PM

I think it is more a map thing, I can't speak too much for OKW, but Con spam is no joke for Ostheer on any maps that aren't Langre/Crossing (off the top of my head). Allot of maps have enough flanking routes, shot blockers and cover that the medium-close range advantage of allies can be put to good effect.

Grens scale very well, but before vet2/LMGS/G43's, i'd rate cons ahead of them on the majority of standard 1v1 maps. I don't think that is an issue of balance between the units though, just a map balancing act.

The MG42, which should be saving the day, can more often then not, end up working for the opposing player if you get flanked. Even if they do not flank, a con squad, can just run up/crawl and molotov an MG42 before it hits vet 2. Or two con squads, if they advance at opposite ends of the cone of fire as the MG42 traverse speed is pudding.

You actually have to position an MG42 near perfectly in the early game, don't let that wide cone of fire deceive you, due to the traverse speed, its more like a less mobile, less health maxim in the early game, the gun itself needs to be pointed near directly at an enemy squad as they enter its range of fire.

At vet 2, it suddenly becomes a beast of an HMG though! :p

Stephenns advice is good, if that does not work for you, try 5 grens (boring...), into 2 scout cars (don't necessarily have to be upgraded), with good micro, that used to work, although I have not faced a good con spammer in a while! :)

(4 grens, 2 hmgs into t2 halftrack/paks and tiger call in was another build I used to run vs con spam)
23 Nov 2014, 15:57 PM

Cheers, thanks Bryan! :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 7
Korea, Republic Of 3
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L