Login

russian armor

Blobbing

PAGES (8)down
23 Nov 2014, 20:23 PM

Well, that's your opinion.

Tactics involve thinking and analyzing situations. Sending in smokepots or baraging smoke with your mortars, to get to the MG emplacements to plant a democharge, to than run your troops in cause you managed to destroy the MG bunker is a tactic, cause it involves thinking and acting accordingly.

But again man, it's my opinion and you don't have to agree with it.

I think you are confused over where i am coming from. From a semantics perspective, tactics means a way of organizing and thinking. Its the definition of a word.

From Merriam Webster Dictionary (relating to military)

a : the science and art of disposing and maneuvering forces in combat
b : the art or skill of employing available means to accomplish an end

Im saying anyone can employ tactics. The definition of "tactics" doesn't mean it is automatically sound and effective.
23 Nov 2014, 20:43 PM

Thanks for all these definitions mate.
23 Nov 2014, 20:44 PM

Lol.... there's no point anymore
23 Nov 2014, 20:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 115

Yeah arguing about definitions is pretty pointless. I don't think Kreatiir needs to be educated on the definition of the word tactics.

That being said, blobbing requires tons of skill. To counter a skill blob I recommend using a skill plane, the only thing that requires more skill than blobbing :D
23 Nov 2014, 21:33 PM

romeo is living proof that blobbing works
23 Nov 2014, 22:10 PM
Patrion 26

i see many people saying to flank a blob. flanking a blob is just a potential squad loss. if the flanking squad gets focus fired its retreat path will most probably go through the blob.
23 Nov 2014, 22:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 21:33 PMNinjaWJ

+1
23 Nov 2014, 22:56 PM

The problem with blobbing come from the fact that MG lack suppression and survability.

1) MGs should be able to suppress/pin anything that stay in their firing arc too long without green cover. Suppression should be applied to all squads in the zone, no matter the number.

MGs should have a major defensive buff versus unit firing at it from its own firing arc.

When a unit is suppressed/pin down, it should have a defensive buff (Having a smaller profile on the ground), so mgs can block units, but will kill units slowly if suppressed and very slowly if pin down. That will lead to rescue mission for blocked units...

Thanks.
23 Nov 2014, 23:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 21:33 PMNinjaWJ

:) I thought this thread was about that blobbing works for everyone. When Romeo doesnt blob and work, then...
23 Nov 2014, 23:18 PM

What is annoying as fuck is the following:

The ultimate US-blob is rolling in and you know it.
So you put 2 MG42 (vetted and even with incendiary loaded) in good positions.

What happens now?
1. Blob rushes in
2. Sees MG
3. Spams some Phosphorus Smoke on your perfe?tly prepared ambush
4. Rapes all your shit because blob's 500000dps.
24 Nov 2014, 01:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2014, 23:18 PMgeist
What is annoying as fuck is the following:

The ultimate US-blob is rolling in and you know it.
So you put 2 MG42 (vetted and even with incendiary loaded) in good positions.

What happens now?
1. Blob rushes in
2. Sees MG
3. Spams some Phosphorus Smoke on your perfectly prepared ambush
4. Rapes all your shit because blob's 500000dps.

This would pretty much be the gist of every failure fighting against Allies, especially Americans for the past few months.
24 Nov 2014, 01:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2014, 01:00 AMSierra

This would pretty much be the gist of every failure fighting against Allies, especially Americans for the past few months.

It goes both way, American lmg blobs but stuka takes care of that quick and okw schreck ober blobs
24 Nov 2014, 02:35 AM

It goes both way, American lmg blobs but stuka takes care of that quick and okw schreck ober blobs

Obersoldaten cost 400 mp a piece and 200-mp + 80 fuel just to tech and get them on an already fuel starved faction that receives 66% of the fuel and 80% of the munitions that every other faction gets. They need every little advantage they can get.

Also if you consider the prerequisite of a Mechanized or Medical FHQ truck BEFORE the Schwerer Panzer HQ can be placed, that's an additional 200mp + 40 fuel leading up to 400mp + 120 fuel just to be able to build them, then you add 400mp per unit that's 800mp + 120 fuel for Obersoldaten.

Volksgrenadiers are shite without panzershreks and only receive one panzershrek per unit.

Now if you want to complain about Volksgrenadier veterancy and getting to Vet-5 where they are very durable, you gotta consider that the only reason they vet quickly is due to their low price of 235mp + the fact that with a panzershrek they are dealing damage to vehicles, becoming an anti-vehicle unit that yields a lot of experience that leads to very fast vet.

Stuka zu Fuss actually was ninja nerfed (No official patch notes) to increase the spread on their projectiles exponentially. It's actually a pretty devastating nerf, hell I don't even build the thing anymore it just isn't worth the 100 fuel.
24 Nov 2014, 02:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2014, 02:35 AMSierra

Obersoldaten cost 400 mp a piece and 200-mp + 80 fuel just to tech and get them on an already fuel starved faction that receives 66% of the fuel and 80% of the munitions that every other faction gets. They need every little advantage they can get.

Also if you consider the prerequisite of a Mechanized or Medical FHQ truck BEFORE the Schwerer Panzer HQ can be placed, that's an additional 200mp + 40 fuel leading up to 400mp + 120 fuel just to be able to build them, then you add 400mp per unit that's 800mp + 120 fuel for Obersoldaten.

Volksgrenadiers are shite without panzershreks and only receive one panzershrek per unit.

Now if you want to complain about Volksgrenadier veterancy and getting to Vet-5 where they are very durable, you gotta consider that the only reason they vet quickly is due to their low price of 235mp + the fact that with a panzershrek they are dealing damage to vehicles, becoming an anti-vehicle unit that yields a lot of experience that leads to very fast vet.

Stuka zu Fuss actually was ninja nerfed (No official patch notes) to increase the spread on their projectiles exponentially. It's actually a pretty devastating nerf, hell I don't even build the thing anymore it just isn't worth the 100 fuel.

volks dirt cheap not to mention their nice vet bonuses, With ober's you get ridiculous vet bonuses and free AA that shot down aircraft not a bad deal, stuka don't know what your talking about
24 Nov 2014, 02:48 AM

volks dirt cheap not to mention their nice vet bonuses, With ober's you get ridiculous vet bonuses and free AA that shot down aircraft not a bad deal, stuka don't know what your talking about

Volks are 235mp per unit, that's 5mp less than Grenadier squads. La-dee-daa. So cheap. 9_9

Their vet bonuses only apply if they aren't wiped trying to reach it, which they die pretty quickly up until they receive them.

Obersoldaten only receive two unique vet bonuses (sprint when not in combat at Vet-5) and Suppression and Vet-4. Vet 1-3 offer durability and squad healing over time when not in combat. But on top of that they are completely defenseless against vehicles.

Stuka zu Fuss, I know what I'm talking about. If you don't know of it or see it, then I suggest actually using it.

Any German Player, or OKW player would note the difference in its use from when it first came out to when it was ninja nerfed.
24 Nov 2014, 02:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2014, 02:48 AMSierra

Volks are 235mp per unit, that's 5mp less than Grenadier squads. La-dee-daa. So cheap. 9_9

Their vet bonuses only apply if they aren't wiped trying to reach it, which they die pretty quickly up until they receive them.

Obersoldaten only receive two unique vet bonuses (sprint when not in combat at Vet-5) and Suppression and Vet-4. Vet 1-3 offer durability and squad healing over time when not in combat. But on top of that they are completely defenseless against vehicles.

Stuka zu Fuss, I know what I'm talking about. If you don't know of it or see it, then I suggest actually using it.

Any German Player, or OKW player would note the difference in its use from when it first came out to when it was ninja nerfed.

But as if said before 235 for vet 5 super schreck squad backed up by obers in a blob, LOL
24 Nov 2014, 02:56 AM

But as if said before 235 for vet 5 super schreck squad backed up by obers in a blob, LOL

Uh, you realize they still have to EARN their vet, and that the panzreshreck costs 81-90 munitions (Dependent on stacking bulletins). and Obersoldaten ALSO have to earn their Vet.

Besides that, they are all pretty easily dealt with by ZiS-3 Barrage, The Howitzer Motor Carriage (Forget the name of that one but it's there.) and American superblob with BAR's + M1919's.

Also HE rounds from Shermans destroy these things.
24 Nov 2014, 03:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2014, 02:56 AMSierra

Uh, you realize they still have to EARN their vet, and that the panzreshreck costs 81-90 munitions (Dependent on stacking bulletins). and Obersoldaten ALSO have to earn their Vet.

Besides that, they are all pretty easily dealt with by ZiS-3 Barrage, The Howitzer Motor Carriage (Forget the name of that one but it's there.) and American superblob with BAR's + M1919's.

Also HE rounds from Shermans destroy these things.

You just said volks get very fast vet haha. Aside from that I play the game without blobs because its so boring so I don't have the option of superblob because that's boring AF, zis-3 getting killed before it can shoot haha, you've already lost if you go for motor carriage because the panther is coming
24 Nov 2014, 06:19 AM

You just said volks get very fast vet haha. Aside from that I play the game without blobs because its so boring so I don't have the option of superblob because that's boring AF, zis-3 getting killed before it can shoot haha, you've already lost if you go for motor carriage because the panther is coming

If the ZiS-3 is killed before it can shoot, you were flanked and that's due to poor placement or lack of support.

Panther comes at 490mp + 175fuel, you also need to place the Either the Mechanized HQ or the Medical FHQ which both cost 200mp + 40fuel each, and the Schwerer Panzer HQ for 200mp + 80fuel. In the end to acquire your first Panther costs 890mp + 295fuel! and that's when you're not delaying your teching by purchasing any vehicles whatsoever!

Now if you were to do a little math to calculate what that would be with 100% fuel and muni rather than 66% and 80%, that would be like 890mp + 315-325 adjusted fuel costs.
Vaz
24 Nov 2014, 07:59 AM

Did you do actual math sierra? Those numbers look made up. My daughter starts doing that when she can't figure something out.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS